“A gaúcho's first visit to Fogo” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fogo de Chao is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 876 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Edmonton, Canada
“A gaúcho's first visit to Fogo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

As a gaúcho (from Rio Grande do Sul) myself, this was the first time I've ever visited Fogo de Chão, the famous churrascaria. I know of the fame, and am quite proud of how much they've made our beloved churrasco worldly renowned. But only now I finally had the chance to check out this place for myself.
I left completely satisfied, 2 hours later (!!!), knowing that they are still true to the tradition and style of the Churrasco Gaúcho. From taste to service!
A bit pricey, of course, considering the location, but was positively surprised when receiving the bill. It was actually less than what I expected.
Service was great. The usual cuts coming to you all the time, and my special requests (costela, mostly!) came within a couple minutes. The servers are always there for you, without feeling "crowded" around your table. The environment was cosy (we had our 5 month old daughter sleeping in the stroller next to us almost all the time, so nice and quiet it was).
Definitely recommended, and hopefully will return when visiting Miami Beach again!

• Turkish first
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Good and bad overall”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

There was great meat cooked the way you want it, and there was dried out stuff that should have been tossed. Was really looking forward to my 1st visit to a brazilian steakhouse to gorge on meat, not sure this was the best choice. A few communication difficulties, but I only speak english. Side dishes were not impressive. Did not indulge in much else.

Visited September 2013
Miami, Florida
“Great food, good service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I took my family out here for dinner during Miami Spice and everything went great. Everybody had a great time, the food was amazing, our server was on point and opened all of our bottles of wine promptly and professionally. I can't remember his name right now but he was a Cuban guy, very friendly, and definitely paid our table a fair amount of time. For the money you just can't do any better.

The only warning I give future prospects of this establishment is to be aware that the longer you sit at the table shorter chances are that a certain cut that you ask for makes its way to the table. Towards the end of our meal my wife had asked for Churrasco and it took a solid 20 minutes for the churrasco to make its way to the table. It's not even an expensive cut! We had to , as a group , look around and flag the churrasco guy ourselves since none of the 4 people that we had asked got it done.

Other than that, great meal, can't complain much about anything else. Some of these people reviewing the place seem very harsh, and as someone with plenty of experience dining out and knowing the industry from the inside I can assure you that this is a solid establishment to have a great dinner in.

Jacksonville, FL
“Always Awesome Fogo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Come prepared to eat or don't bother coming. Mountains of red meat cooked to perfection and arriving piping hot on your plate non-stop. The salad bar is mind boggling but don't fill up there. You can opt for salad bar only, so do that if you don't plan to eat like Fred Flintstone. Great service. Excellent and reasonable wines to keep the meat company. I have never made it thru to dessert. Every Fogo I have been to has been excellent-food and service. Go for lunch and get the same experience for much less money. My # 1 favorite steakhouse. Steak and pork and lamb and more.

“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I visited this wonderful restaurant with my husband and family to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday. It was an absolutely fantastic evening with the most amazing, delicious food. After getting advice from our waiter, we had a great time and looking forward to be back again.

Visited August 2013