“Not fit for a dog” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   230 20th Street, Miami Beach, FL 33137 (City Center)   |
Seattle, Washington
“Not fit for a dog”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I made a last minute reservation to attend a conference in Miami Beach, and this was one of the few reasonable properties available on Travelocity. I think the travel services should de-list it.

The place was clearly run down, but I did not have time to change rooms the first night. Front desk is unhelpful at best, if there is anyone there at all.

The place looks like it is ready to be demolished, and probably should be. The only working light fixture was the one overhead light, which was full of dead bugs. Air-conditioning was making noise, but basically non-functional. Water damage all over the room.
There was a two inch gap under the door, where just about any small vermin could slip in. In the middle of the night, larger vermin, who, apparently had a key, tried to come in. Fortunately, I had slid the bolt. I did not sleep the rest of the night.

The bed was broken, and the mattress was worn out. Surprisingly, I did not find any bed bugs under it. (I would have slept in the car.)
Frankly, I would not kennel my dog in the place. Spend the extra $50/night and stay somewhere, anywhere else.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

This place was on Expedia for an ok rate but when we arrived the rooms were in very bad shape the matters is similar to a mat you would sleep on in jail ! Management is rude they act as if they are doing you a huge favor by even letting you stay there in one of there outdated broken down rooms I was moved because I had no hot water then the next room had slightly warm water air conditioner was broken so they put an actual plug in fan in the room if you ask for better service or towels the managment acts as if your annoying them , I think this place should be remodeled or knocked down

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

I am embarrassed to say we stayed here as American Airlines dumped us in Miami for an unexpected overnight stay. We would have preferred to have slept on a park or airport bench it was that bad. Thinking of it makes me feel sick. The bed was terrible (we did check it before we got in it!) but surprisingly was bug free. The air conditioning worked but was like a jet engine. We kept our shoes off the floor and a chair at the door just in case the room was raided overnight. Do not even think of staying here!!!!!!!! We left very early morning to wait at the airport as this was preferable to staying in the room.

Room Tip: You cannot add to terrible - I didn't want to rate it at all...........................
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Cordoba, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2015

I did a Reservation last minute when arrived Miami, look for a decent Miami beach Hotel
Sorprised when arrived, that a regular motel rate of no more tan U$ 50 is the category of this hotel
If you want to sleep can do after 3:00AM, when the disco place in the back ends the loud sound in their music
As I am alone, cannot hear the TV, because the AC noise, so you watch TV warm, or see only TV cold
Can entertainment talking with the cockroaches in the room.
As I didn´t saw the previous comments, I come, and looked the level of the guests, no tourists at all, just depresive level, same as a low low hostel
All the same comments about Service, room cleaning, towel replacement, are in the previous guests comments
Definitly, don´t book this hotel if you don´t want to feel frauded

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel, Dont come to this hotel
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015

If you could rate a hotel with no stars this one would get no stars. The room comes with nothing other than a TV. No place to hang anything. No cups, glasses, nothing. I suffered for three days here and never had my room cleaned. This has to be the worst hotel in all of South Beach. Never ever stay here.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2015

We saw at least 5 cockroaches in our room. I couldn't sleep because I kept feeling insects over my body. Room was hot and I couldn't turn on the AC because it smelt like a dead animal. Ceiling light didn't work. Bathroom was gross, dirty, cheap, not updated in maybe 30 years. The only upgrades this place made was a flat screen tv, which we never used once. The room did not look like anything in the pictures, I would absolutely not recommend this hotel which is more of a motel. Don't stay here, even if it's free, it's worth to spend $30-50 more and stay at a boutique hotel on Collins or Ocean in the teens.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2015

I don't know where I should start: I booked this Hotel through Expedia. my mistake don't look at previews reviews. The receptionist was not friendly from the beginning push me to wait until 3:00 pm to check in and I arrived 30 minutes before, and asking all the time if I was sure to keep the reservation because after my card swiped there is not refund.
This hotel is falling into pieces and has roaches all over the place, they were inside of the little refrigerator, the door was broken even worse.
They don’t have daily clean service, After my request a guy came around 8:pm to do some cleaning in the bathroom. That’ s all. After 3 days there.

My room, no lights bulbs in 2 of the 3 lamps, the blind was broken They don’t replace even the paper toilette.

I went by the holidays I couldn’t find any better price and it was not that cheap around 120 buck per night. If you can spent I little more choice another one. Please do. Good luck travelers.

Room Tip: The only good is the TV 32" good cable TV if you are near to the reception you will get a decen...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Been to Santa Barbara South Beach? Share your experiences!