“K17 Beach Club is First Rate” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #109 of 146 Activities in Miami Beach
Type: Beaches, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: K 17 BeachSouth Beach’s Eco-Friendly Beach ClubK-17, South Beach shipping container located behind the legendary Surfcomber Hotel on 17thand Collins Avenue where beautiful locals and tourists align to chill and have a unique and relaxing beach experience. An array of crisp lime green beach umbrellas and bamboo sprawl across the sand with your choice of beach chairs or an eight-person day bed, sit and relax and enjoy specialty drinks and exquisite Mediterranean cuisine. K-17 is the perfect scenery to enjoy your choice of white sangria or mojito pitcher or taste their ironically popular “Miami Vices” (a mix between a pina colada and strawberry daiquiris.) Sink your teeth into tasty dishes like a mouth-watering watermelon ceviche, caprese salad and their popular truffle fries. Here at K-17 the unpretentious atmosphere is perfect to celebrate any special occasion from weddings to bithday parties or simply surf the net with free wi-fi or enjoy your own personal tunes by hooking up your i-pod to their sound bar.
White Plains, New York
“K17 Beach Club is First Rate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

K17 Beach Club continued the excellent service and attention that we received at the Surfcomber Hotel. Our introduction to the beach by Heather was warm and friendly and the services rendered were graciously and promptly provided. We had 5 star chair and umbrella arrangements which were very comfortable. We were particularly impressed by the set up of play areas and sand toys for the little ones.

Visited April 2013
Heather_Read, Owner at K17 Beach Club, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your fantastic review of your visit at K17 Beach Club. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Miami Beach, Florida
“PARADISE by the seaside...nothing Less!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I am a local!
Okay... when I think of where I can go to put all the stress out of my mind and chilax I immediately think of K17! The beautiful beach, the white sand, the blue horizon, and most of all THE service! The genuine courtesy that each and every member of the staff is superb! The customer service presented is impeccable! They make every possible effort to accommodate and provide you with whatever you ask for. It's an AWESOME BEACH CLUB! I highly recommend the experience, especially if you have children, its soooo child friendly! For a cocktail, I highly recommend the fabulous frozen margaritas! They provide towels, chairs, umbrellas & even cabanas! I have lived in Miami Beach well over 20 yrs. I have seen businesses come and go with the blink of an eye due to many unprofessional circumstances. K17 stands out from all the rest because of its amazing "directress"! Heather is genuine!

Remember one thing....if you possibly have to wait a little too long for your food/drinks...imagine if it were you running back in forth to the hotel restaurant to get the your own food/drinks...be patient you aren't the only person wanting something.

Visited May 2013
Heather_Read, Owner at K17 Beach Club, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are so happy to know that we are able to continue exceeding your expectations. We look forward to making you feel special again soon at K17 Beach Club!
Addison, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

A friend and native of Miami recommended this place. I was so disappointed with the experience. The beach is beautiful, and the location of the chairs/umbrellas was great, but the service was slow to nonexistent. Heather was great and friendly and took a drink order from me, but I never received my drink. I flagged down a server and told him I had ordered a drink 30 minutes prior but still hadn't received it. He said he'd check on it. He walked by another 30 minutes later after serving some nearby people. He looked at me and said he'd be right back with the drink. I went in the water for about 15 minutes, came back, and still did not have my drink. I flagged down the same server and told him to cancel the drink order. He said, "They didn't brink it down?" I told him to forget the entire order. I won't go back to this club the next time I'm in Miami Beach.

Visited April 2013
Heather_Read, Owner at K17 Beach Club, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for the recent visit to K17 Beach Club. I am very sorry to hear we let you down with service. We pride ourselves on our service and will certainly make adjustments to correct it. We hope that on your next visit to Miami you will come back to K17 Beach Club so you can experience the true service that all of our guests should experience while here.
Miami, Florida
“My favorite beach club on South Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Beautiful location!!! One of the best spots on the sand to chill and relax. Lunch was delicious and the staff was extremely nice, there is even a kids play area. Highly recommended

Visited October 2012
Heather_Read, Owner at K17 Beach Club, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for the positive review. It is always a pleasure receiving feedback from our locals who frequent K17 Beach Club. Your continued support is greatly appreciated and we look forward to your next visit.

Best Regards,

Heather Read
Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing beach experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I went to K17 Beach Club with 10 of my girlfriends on a very busy Saturday. Half of us showed up early and the other half a couple hours later. They were nice enough to save 5 extra beach chairs for when they came and were very accomodating despite the busy day. The service was impeccable, our server was running back and forth all day with drinks, food, ice, etc. I'd recommend the burger! They also had people walking around getting rid of extra trash so you could just leave when you're ready and not have to worry about picking up. I highly recommend K17!

Visited September 2012
Heather_Read, Owner at K17 Beach Club, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review. So glad to hear that you all had an amazing time and that we were able to accommodate your needs. The burger is a house favorite! We look forward to having you back soon.

Best Regards,