“Dissapointing ” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Tropical Beach Cafe

Tropical Beach Cafe
2891 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33140-4407 (Oceanfront)
305-538-0359
Neighborhood: Oceanfront
Falls Church, Virginia
“Dissapointing ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Location convenient & prices fantastic. Close to nice hotels & a welcomed break from the extremely overpriced meals at hotel restaurants. Mom & Pop food hit the spot & Cuban Coffee was great BUT service is ROUGH! My wife got her pancakes & was done before I even got my breakfast (so much for breakfast together). We are outta here. Stomach full, ok food but a bit disappointed & frustrated. This place could really give the overpriced nearby places a run for their money if they would just get their act together. Seriously.... I am still waiting for my check.

“Great find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We recently spent Christmas week at the Palms Hotel (3025 Collins Ave). We have vacationed there several times in the past. One of our "issues" with staying at the Palms is breakfast. They have a great but very expensive breakfast at the hotel restaurant. My husband loves a big breakfast and I eat yogurt and fruit only. We were lucky enough to find the Tropical Beach Cafe when I went out for a walk our first day. We ate breakfast there everyday and had dinner there one night as well. What a find! My husband was able to have eggs, ham, sausage, pancakes, etc at an affordable price. I had coffee and fruit and brought my yogurt along. The service was adequate/good. This is a Cuban restaurant but they offer American toast and coffee if you want. All egg dishes come with French fries (not home fries) which was different. Dinner was good as well. This place is great for visitors staying at the hotels in that area. Good food at a reasonable price.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sandwich, Massachusetts
“Great little place - basic tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We bumped into the Tropical Beach Cafe while we were walking south on Collins from our hotel in search of something for breakfast as the hotel breakfast was $18 per person. Not gourmet food, but very good and just what we needed to get going in the morning. The absolute best part was the fresh squeezed orange juice - perfect and very reasonably priced. If you want something fancy, go elsewhere, but if you want a solid breakfast that won't cost a fortune, this is the place. Does not open 'til 8:00 a.m. though, so if you're an early riser you'll have to wait.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
NYC
“The Worst Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

You get what you pay for! I used to eat there from time to time after the beach. The food is actually good and cheap home style Cuban and the staff are nice and smiley. But more often than not the service is unacceptably slow and lousy. Don't go there if you are hungry as you will likely have to suffer an excruciatingly long wait before any food arrives. If you do have to go there, don't sit outside. They will be sure to forget about you and then you'd have to go inside and ask for attention. Also they have no beer or wine. I stopped going there because they ruined my day one too many times.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California, United States
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We picked this place to have our very first tastes of Cuban food in Miami. It was absolutely delicious. The portions were absolutely humongous, the prices are VERY good for South Beach, and most importantly, it's absolutely delicious. The fruit smoothies are also really tasty. The place was a 1 mile walk from our hotel but we made the walk two days in a row. The second day however, we ordered for to go and we waited 45 minutes. It was lunch hour and it was busy, but come on, 45 minutes?

Give the place a try - very delicious food in large portions, large menu, great smoothies, and staff is generally pretty friendly. Come earlier or later than lunch hour to avoid the wait times.

• Visited March 2013