“accommodating, small, clean, cool roof” 3 of 5 stars

Townhouse Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 20th Street, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #99 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
san clemente
“accommodating, small, clean, cool roof”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

so I show up with a lady friend on a friday close to midnight. i had a reservation, but they had overbooked. The woman that I decided to take a weekend trip with during the winter to miami from boston was, umm, very very beautiful but also a very ridiculous person. As we waited for some sort of signal on what we were going to do she kept sucking her teeth and saying "I'm to gorgeous for this" and sneering at the guy at the desk. He just looked at me and grinned. It was fairly hilarious.

Finally they sent us to Fontainbluea, paying for the taxi, everything. It was wonderful. Too bad we had to go back to a small hotel the next day after chilling at the pool and having Lit in the lobby.

Rooms were smallish, but clean. They even gave a condom in the bathroom. Service great, etc. it is a budget property, but worth every penny.

Close to beach, next to Setai you can watch the rich. Great local location.

And patient as hell staff for putting up with my stripper guest.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel was not bad in regards to cleanliness, location, charm and the breakfast was a typical very average continental style. I loved the front porch swings, especially since it rained off and on all day one day during my stay. I did not find the hotel staff friendly at all. The staff lead me to believe,they did not care about me( the guest enjoying my stay). I was out all day, when I returned at 4:30 pm ish. My room had not been cleaned at all. Once I called twice, the room was tidied up. Everything was also contracted by different companies and the hotel staff deferred me to others for parking at $ 36.00 per day and beach chairs and umbrellas at $ 10.00 each( total $20.00). I was on the beach for less than one hour when it began to rain. I was told the beach manager said, he would not refund any of my money for my beach chair and umbrella.

Stayed April 2015
Grand Haven
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We went on a weekend getaway without our children and was pleasantly surprised with Townhouse Hotel. It was in a GREAT location and we walked all over South Beach and also enjoyed the hotel's spot on the beach. We were so lucky to be upgraded to the Penthouse and loved the rooftop balcony! The room was bright, clean and really nice. The breakfast was minimal but really worked well for us. Staff was pleasant and I would definitely go back again. We happened to stay during the week, but it could be noisy with the rooftop lounge that has music and is open very late.

Room Tip: Hidden South Beach gem!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Firstly just wanted to say this review is for the Rooftop bar only - we didn't stay in the hotel!

I spent a bit of time researching the best rooftop bars in South Beach to see the sunset. Whilst Juvia seems to get the best reviews we decided to go for somewhere a little more low key. What a hidden gem!

Firstly we arrived in the lobby and headed straight for the rooftop. The rooftop level is not clearly marked. Luckily there were some friendly locals who offered to show us the way. Once we reached the top level there was a slight maze through an exit day and up some stairs then we reached the top. And what a view! It's simply spectacular and overlooks all of South Beach.

The decor is funky minimalist and the cocktail list matches the the theme. We opted for vodka & sodas which forgetting that the US is the land of the freepour put some hair on our chests!

There is such a relaxed, chilled vibe here. We got there at sunset and there want really a crowd yet which felt like we were on our own private rooftop.

It feels like the tourists haven't discovered this gem yet so if you get a chance check it out before the crowds flock here. A sunset experience not to miss!

Stayed March 2015
Highland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have to admit I was worried about this place from the previous reviews, but was pleasantly surprised we we arrived. We stayed 2 nights (pre and post recent cruise). First night arrived late on a Saturday night (11:00PM) during spring break. The streets were crazy and the lobby was full of partying young people. Checked in quickly, and the front desk clerk let us know to call immediately if we had any problems with the party crowd. Fortunately, there was not an issue with the noise that night. Yes, the rooms are sparsely decorated, but they are clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. After having the free breakfast, we left for our cruise. A week later, we checked in again, this time, pretty early (9:00 AM). There were no rooms ready, but the clerk suggested a tour to see the city on the hop-on-hop-off tour. They sell tickets at the desk, so we decided to see the town! 5 hours later we returned after seeing ALL of Miami and got our room. Again, nice, clean room - not the best, but great for the price! There is some noise from the streets and nearby pools and clubs - but it's South Beach! Perfect location to walk and enjoy the beach or the many places on Collins and Washington ave. Everyone was very friendly and helpful - we thoroughly enjoyed or 2 stays at this hotel!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dordrecht, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

Perfect hotel with all the necessary requirements available for a nice stay. Rooms are good, shower is nice and breakfast is fine. You can rent bikes to check our Miami Beach. All tourist locations are close by and you can easy visit the beach.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2015

Nice and friendly hotel with a perfect location on the Collins with easy access to the beach. Fair rates, clean and spacious white rooms , free wi fi, standard breakfast. Really not easy to find a better accomodation right in the hearth of South Beach

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Townhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!