“Very nice place to stay in Miami” 4 of 5 stars

You added Townhouse Hotel to your Saves list
Townhouse Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 20th Street, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #92 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Very nice place to stay in Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is really good located in Miami beach, the staff are very nice and always ready to attend you. The breakfast is delicious, you take it from 7 am to 10 am.The room is clean and clear. Have a good shower, and confortable bed to a good sleep.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Polish first
WEST MIDS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

Stayed here with my wife, this hotel is situated ideally both to the shops, clubs and more importantly 30 seconds away from south beach. The hotel itself is well maintained and cleaned daily. Should you have any problems here speak only to Izzy, absolutely amazing individual who is clearly wasted here, his customer service skills are outstanding and a result of him I would stay here again, can’t say the same about other members of staff. The roof terrace is ideal to get away from the hussle and bussle to relax and for sunbathing. If you like boiled eggs and croissants then breakfast is for you. Enjoy your stay.

PS : to catch a taxi to the airport from this hotel it will cost roughly $50.00 plus, my advise is catch the bus outside the hotel which also takes you to and from the airport (number 150) its more fun and will cost $2.25 happy days and you get to see more of Miami on your way home.

Room Tip: we moved from room 311 to room 310, in room 311 you can hear the generators hence the movement. Plus...
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

The decor of the hotel is an acquired taste. It's a 65-year old building with an all-white interior. It reminds me of an old hospital or an army barracks . . . But that's just my opinion. The best thing about this hotel is its location. It's in the middle of South Beach and only a few steps away from the ocean. The amenities here leave a little to be desired though.

I'll start with the good: The hotel was able to accommodate our request for an early check in and the desk clerk was courteous and professional. The early check in was helpful because our cruise ship got into port early that morning and we needed the time to unwind and get caught up on emails and such after being away for a week. Our room as well as the lobby were clean and well-organized. Check out also went smoothly a couple of days later. We asked the desk clerk to have a cab to be ready for us at a certain time and he did. The cab driver was even in the lobby to take our bags as we were leaving.

The bad: The wifi in this hotel is incredibly weak. It works fine in the lobby but on the third floor it's non-existent. Like I said, we had just been away and we needed internet to get caught up on things. My wife went downstairs to inquire about the bad connection and was brushed off by an ignorant staff member (not the guy that checked us in). Apparently this guy's one job in life is to walk around the lobby in his pink shirt with his hands in his pockets smiling and nodding politely at guests. He occasionally stops to lean on the wall by the front door and watch people come and go. When asked about the internet he just mumbled something unintelligible, showing no interest in solving the problem. My wife asked if there was a desktop computer she could use instead. Get this - he answers, "No." We found out the next day that they have an iMac station in the lobby around the corner from the elevator. Now I know that a Mac technically isn't a desktop but essentially she was asking if there was a computer to use. Was he trying to be funny or is he just a Mac snob? I finally had to call down to the front desk and just blatantly ask them to reset the wifi. Which they did do and it worked fine. For a little while. Anytime I needed to get online after that I had to go downstairs and sit in the lobby. I got tired of calling down to have them reset.

The sleep quality is horrible because of the constant noise of the traffic outside. Apparently no one in Miami Beach knows how to drive because the car horns never stop. Even on a weeknight after midnight it's nothing but "honk, honk, honk!"

Coffee and tea are supposedly available in the lobby throughout the day. With the exception of breakfast time whenever I went for a coffee the urn was either empty or nearly empty. Same with the hot water. The pink shirt guy can't even be bothered to refill the coffee. Useless.

The check and check out went well, it was just the stay in between that was rocky.

Room Tip: If you need internet, get a room on a lower floor because the signal is too weak to travel upwards.
Newbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014 via mobile

The location is great. Literally turn right as you walk out the front door and your pretty much on the beach. It's also very close to Ocean Blvd. The room was airy, cool and clean. The bed was comfortable and a good size. A good drink on the roof top bar sets you up for the night. The only downside was breakfast. Don't expect much. A few basic pastries and cereal. However I would definitely stay again!

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

We stayed a couple of nights midweek at Townhouse. I picked this hotel was it was north South Beach where I haven't been, close to shopping, and the good comments I read about it. We booked online and paid about $140 Canadian/night. In the booking, I requested an early check in as we were arriving from a cruise.

The taxi ride from the port was just under $30. The street in front can get quite congested with cars and delivery vans. The taxi stopped in the road and we got out luggage. There were stairs to the doors so we lifted our luggage in. Then more stairs in the lobby so got another good arm workout.

The guy working the front desk was really friendly and he said there was a room ready for us. This was awesome as it was just after 10AM. Our room was on the 3rd floor and we took the elevator up.

The room is very white, which I'm not a fan of. It makes me feel like I'm in a jail or an institution. The bare floors could be cold on my feet so I liked to wear my slippers. There's a closet with a safe and small fridge. The dryer and ironing board are also kept here. The bathroom was shower only, and they provide shampoo and lotion only. There were only bath towels and no face or hand ones. The cleaning cart was often in the hallway (if you need to get a face/hand towel) and they might clean your room later afternoon but you can request an earlier cleaning.

Our room faced north and at times the noise from the traffic could be heard in our room. The people in the room above could be heard when there were stomping around. The wifi in the room was unreliable and it's much better in the lobby area.

Parisian breakfast of tea, coffee, juice, cereal, and pastries are offered from 7-10AM and seating at 2 long tables. The hot drinks are left out for the day but we went and the pots were empty or water not hot. The rooftop lounge on the 5th floor is accessible by walking up the stairs from the 4th. It's nice with loungers for those who want comfortable seating outdoors and don't want to go to the beach. I asked if there was a desktop computer to use and was told 'no' but I saw and use the Mac. It would have been nice if the staff told me about it.

Other staff were ok, but the best was the guy who checked us in. They did reserve a taxi for us and it arrived early which was great. We walked along South Beach, to shopping area, and restaurants nearby.

Whistler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

The Townhouse is a great hotel in South Beach.

The decor is amazing - very white, very clean, and great art on the walls.
Breakfast is yum - continental, and you sit in the gorgeous bright garden room with all the other guests to eat - very informal and very comfortable.

Rooms are spacious, clean and the maid service was great.

We hired the Townhouse bikes and rode along the boardwalk, the wifi was great and never dropped out, Front desk always friendly and helpful, sunset from the rooftop bar incredible!

We had a great stay and would recommend the Townhouse to anyone.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

Stayed at Townhouse, South beach in October. Nice place with small and decent rooms and excellent location - just 2 minutes from the beach! There are many eateries close by and its just few blocks from Lincoln street.
Checkin - checkout was fast, staff were very helpful, rooms were bright and neat with 2 large beds and they served decent breakfast (toast, eggs, muffins/croissants, tea/coffee etc).
Great value for money type of a place.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Been to Townhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!