“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Istanbul, Turkey
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed at Townhouse Hotel for 2 nights in March 2013. The location of the hotel is perfect if you want to be close to beach, clubs, restaurants and shops. Although it could a little bit noisy ( It maybe because of all the teenagers spending their spring break in Miami ) the breakfast is ok if you don't expect too much. The staff was kind and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

723 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I am well traveled and have stayed in all types of hotels, so I did not mind the minimal decor. Upon check in I was given room 118. This room is on the second floor and the roof of the first floor surrounds the building. My windows would not lock, which worried me so I asked for a different room. I was given 411, and told there might be a little noise from the air conditioner. I asked the bell boy if the noise I heard was what I would be hearing and he said "yes". The noise I heard was the bass and music coming from Mynt Lounge. It was so loud it shook my windows and kept me up until 5:00am.

I went down the next morning and asked for a different room, and the new guy at the counter knew all about the noise from Mynt. He told me I would need to stay on the front of the building to not hear the nightclub. I was told I would have to check out of the hotel by 12, and recheck back in after 3. I did this and got room 217, which was better as it was closer to the front. I could still hear the club, but I was able to sleep.

Now to the parking, I knew about the $34 a day valet, and I was fine with that. At checkout, I told the guy at the counter that I would be back at 3pm to get my car. He said "no Problem". Upon returning at 3pm, I was told that since I did not get it by 2pm, I owed another $12. I paid it just to get out, and it took over 20 minutes to get my car.

Townhouse ruined a birthday weekend with friends....

Room Tip: Stay on the front side of the building. The noise from Mynt Lounge shakes the windows on the back s...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
natalie k, Manager at Townhouse Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear keith,

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience at the Townhouse.
We are located in the heart of South Beach and sometimes the festivities can be an inconvenience to certain guests.

Best regards,

Natalie Kramer
Hotel Director
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We (a family with a 2 years old son) stayed at the Townhouse Hotel from March 26 to 28, 2013. At first sight, the hotel is nice and quite well located. However, very loud music from some clubs in the vicinity caused the walls of our room to vibrate at night! The really big problems came with the disorganization and a very bad, murky management (for two examples, please read below). In short, we recommend to avoid the Townhouse Hotel, if you do not want to have to deal with this hotel's shady management. There are better options to stay in Miami Beach. At least places whose staff you can trust.

Examples:
- After leaving the car with the valet parking service upon arrival, at check out they were not able to find the car and we had to wait about 40 minutes for it. (Bear in mind that the hotel has no parking and the valet parking service charges 34 USD per night).

- The worst came some days later. After leaving the hotel, we realized that we had left a purse with an iPhone inside in the wardrobe of our room. Somebody of the hotel staff left us a voicemail saying that they found those items in the room. Very surprisingly, the items had disappeared when we wanted to pick them up.
You would expect a reasonable hotel management to report the loss or theft of items pertaining to hotel clients to the police. When the management of the Townhouse Hotel at first did not know that its staff had left a voicemail message with us, they just lied and tried to make us believe that there had been a confusion with items found in another room.
When we confronted them with the fact, that we actually got a voicemail of the hotel staff that reported exactly about the items we left in the room, the managements explanations for the loss of our items became more and more adventurous.

Room Tip: Our room was 415 I we couldn't sleep well due to the noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
natalie k, Manager at Townhouse Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Itziar,

Im sorry if there was a miscommunication and you were inconvenienced in any way during your stay at the Townhouse Hotel.
We hope you will take advantage of the concessions offered to you.

Best regards,

Natalie Kramer
Hotel Director
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

A friend and I decided to stay here while we were in Miami and we both agreed that it was a pretty good hotel! The location is perfect. It's located in the nicer part of South Beach and tucked in a street where you can actually get some peaceful sleep at night. Really close access to the beach as well as the Miami boardwalk if you're looking to go for a morning jog. Plenty of shopping and restaurants to walk to as well as adjacent to some of the best/nicest hotels in Miami.

The staff is very friendly and quick to help. The rooms are what you would expect from a Miami boutique hotel...modern with minimal furniture. The hotel also has a beautiful rooftop deck, free wi-fi internet, as well as free breakfast every morning. Beach towels are also free and they have a special section on the beach if you want to rent out beach chairs.

A really good value for the hotel. If you're looking for a nice place to stay, a great location and good service...definitely check out the Townhouse Hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Me and a girlfriend had a great experience at the Townhouse! I called to confirm our Expedia reservation and asked if they had any two bed rooms – they did and the manager upgraded us for free! That was the start to a wonderful vacation and gave me comfort knowing we would be well taken care of. Upon arrival, ahead of check-in time, we changed into swimwear and hit the 5th floor deck while our bags were looked after and our check-in was processed. Half an hour later we were tanning while our bags were put into the spacious room: two queen beds, one couch, a closet, large flat screen TV, fridge, table, and a washroom (which was NOT tiny!). The front desk staff were friendly and helpful in making reservations (confirm/follow-up though, as sometimes they cannot make a reservation and neglect to inform you), suggestions on local attractions, etc. They have a dedicated beach area and at a cost of $30 you get two beach chairs and an umbrella; beach towels are free of charge. Breakfast is plentiful and satisfying; it’s help yourself style in a tiny kitchen off the main lobby. If the food runs low simply ask the lovely staff to refill. Also, coffee, tea and such are offered 24 hours/day. Check-out was simple and “surprise-free”.

A few disappointments: roof top bar is closed indefinitely (and there is no beverage service of any kind available up there). WiFi was intermittent at times. Toiletries were not replenished daily (although rooms were cleaned and towels changed). It would have been great if there were more fruit options each morning (there were apples twice in 4 days). Carpets need to be changed/removed ASAP!

SoBe suggestions: Shore Club hosts a pool party every Sunday – free of charge and super fun! Lincoln Road is a nice stroll where you can dine and shop. Versace Mansion is not open to the public Monday or Tuesday. The shuttle to Sawgrass Mills is an adventure worth taking (and the colonnade shops are AWESOME!). Nikki Beach is just ok (on a Monday evening; cannot speak of any other date or time). Many rooftop bars are closed or very quiet Monday-Wednesday. A taxi from MIA to Townhouse is ONLY $32! It’s less than 20 minutes and well worth it. SoBe is easy and best navigated by foot (although there are tons of taxis and they are inexpensive). There are lots of stores (many you will recognize and some that are local) for shopping or last minute items; drug stores are open 24 hours. There is a wide range of cuisines with an equally wide range of prices. We are at Sushi Samba, Oh Mexico, Spigga, Sultan (convenient and tasty!) and a few others that I cannot recall. We also had great ice cream at Kilwin's on Lincoln Road.

Room Tip: Rooms not overlooking Collins are quieter; we stayed on the 3rd floor and were very happy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
toronto canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Townhouse Hotel - is a great place for a getaway visit to South Beach. The location is close to everything for a stroll, or a short cab if your heels are too high. The beach is right there with amenities. As well you can tuck into a nice stroll through town, or on the boardwalk.

Their rooftop lounge was a peaceful tranquil place to rest between activities up away from the city. The decor is minimalist and simple, but fun , with some whimsy . It will remind you more of a European vibe than a more traditional North American hotel. I give this location high marks especially for the very warm and friendly staff who were eager to help you out and alway friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

arrived late at the hotel but got our rooms as booked. rooms are all in red and withe but I guess recently refurbished. very comfortable bed and space for luggage. Bathroom clean but may have requested more refurbishment. Nice staff but for public car park you need to walk some bloks unless you are leaving your keys with valet. had a fine stay close to beach and Lincoln street for shopping. would go there back again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Townhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!