We (a family with a 2 years old son) stayed at the Townhouse Hotel from March 26 to 28, 2013. At first sight, the hotel is nice and quite well located. However, very loud music from some clubs in the vicinity caused the walls of our room to vibrate at night! The really big problems came with the disorganization and a very bad, murky management (for two examples, please read below). In short, we recommend to avoid the Townhouse Hotel, if you do not want to have to deal with this hotel's shady management. There are better options to stay in Miami Beach. At least places whose staff you can trust.
- After leaving the car with the valet parking service upon arrival, at check out they were not able to find the car and we had to wait about 40 minutes for it. (Bear in mind that the hotel has no parking and the valet parking service charges 34 USD per night).
- The worst came some days later. After leaving the hotel, we realized that we had left a purse with an iPhone inside in the wardrobe of our room. Somebody of the hotel staff left us a voicemail saying that they found those items in the room. Very surprisingly, the items had disappeared when we wanted to pick them up.
You would expect a reasonable hotel management to report the loss or theft of items pertaining to hotel clients to the police. When the management of the Townhouse Hotel at first did not know that its staff had left a voicemail message with us, they just lied and tried to make us believe that there had been a confusion with items found in another room.
When we confronted them with the fact, that we actually got a voicemail of the hotel staff that reported exactly about the items we left in the room, the managements explanations for the loss of our items became more and more adventurous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Kept Secret on The BeachConceived as a cool, fun and fresh retreat by owner Jonathan Morr, Townhouse offers a playful combination of modern design and old-fashioned comfort. Situated in the midst of South Beach and only steps away from the ocean, Townhouse provides guestswith a sleek and sexy hideaway for a weekend getaway or long retreat.Townhouse features 69 rooms affering fresh-cleanexciting design. The hotel offers free WI-Fi and complimentary breakfast served daily in the Pantry.The outdoor rooftop terrace offers a luxurious-yet simple design. At night the rooftop transforms into a lounge-sushi bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Townhouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Townhouse Hotel Miami Beach
- Townhouse Miami Beach