“One of the best burgers ever! Great value...” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Burger & Beer Joint is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 841 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 18th and Bay Road
Dublin, Ireland
“One of the best burgers ever! Great value...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

At first, when you look at some of the prices you may think these are little over priced for this kind of joint... but I'd like to think myself and my girlfriend are burger connoisseurs! Whilst not the BEST burger I've ever had, it's up there.

The place is done up like an old rock bar... Well, I say done up, it is an old rock bar. With exposed red brick, a tacky lit up bar and some excellent 90s and 80s rock tunes playing over the speakers. They give you crayons at your table so you can scrawl along the wall if you're bored you just want to leave your mark on the world.

To start I had the chicken wings. These were okay, tasty but not great or anything. I really just should've saved myself for the main event!

I ended up building my own burger, although I was tempted to try one of their set burgers (which work out cheaper, by the way). I wanted to go simple, so I could taste the beef in all it's glory. I ended up picking a half pound of Wagyu beef, cooked medium rare on a brioche bun, topped with sharp melted cheddar, thick slices of pork belly bacon, and a portion of roasted garlic aioli. This was accompanied by fries.

This was quite simply delicious, the bun was big yet light and fluffy, the burger was hot yet still tender and red in the center. The burger had a sweet, charred taste to it and the cheese and aioli worked amazing together to bring the taste alive. It didn't need the bacon, but it was nice to pick at between bites!

The fries were also delicious, especially accompanied by the aioli or Bone Lee's hot sauce which was smokey and tangy.

My girlfriend got the sliders as a main, and she was very happy. They were mini versions of mine with american cheese, and grilled onions. They were soft, salty and slightly sweet, and quite a meal upon themselves!

Oh, and the beer list is great, especially for an American restaurant. They even had Franziskaner, which is my favorite wheat beer!

Service was great, and they were several families and couples enjoying their night at the place. Will defo visit again if I'm in Miami.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
“AMAZING!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I had lunch there today and our experience was wonderful! I had the Wagyu beef burger and skinny fries. IT WAS AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS! We also ordered the onion rings appetizer and chili. The onion rings were huge, like the size of a frisbee, and they were sooo good! Our waiter, Fernando, was as great as the food and the atmosphere. The plaza this restaurant is in has lots of cute shops and stores. Great, great place! (I've never written a review on anything so that should tell you something.)

brevard
“YUMMY!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I decided to give The Burger & Beer Joint a chance since it was just a few minutes away from the arena as I was waiting for my daughter to get out of a concert. I would normally go for a steak or Cuban food while in Miami Beach but I felt the need to try something different and was I glad I did! As I entered the establishment I was greeted with a smile and a directive that I would be able to find a spot upstairs due to the bottom part of the restaurant being full. I didn't have a problem with going upstairs for service. I will tell you this restaurant has many locals as patrons. There were pool tables upstairs with a full service bar and wait staff. Unfortunately, you can't build your own burger upstairs but you still have quite a selection you can order from to get a very tasty burger. I was able to find an angus burger with guacamole, special sour cream dressing, jalepeno relish, cheddar cheese, tomato, and sauteed onions...WOW!!! The burgers are usually made medium rare but I ordered mine medium and it was extremely juicy and flavorful. As a sidenote, the toppings I mentioned were all on the side except for the cheese and onions for those of you who like to dip in your toppings (it's a little neater than piling it all on at once). The burger came with "skinny fries" which I am not usually fond of but they were cooked perfectly. There were plenty of appetizers to choose from but I refrained because I had read reviews about the hamburgers prior to my visit and knew I would not have room to "eat the money" if I had any appetizers. I am usually not a beer drinker but I did find that the Blue Moon was a great combination with the burger I chose.

I will say that the service when I first got upstairs was a little slow but I believe I came in right when they were possibly doing a shift change. The bartender did give her attention to the larger parties which was expected on my part. However, the bar support staff was very attentive to me. At one point, a staff member went downstairs to get me samples of ale that they didn't have in the upstairs bar. I do wish the establishment would have had a better selection of ale but overall, I was pleased with the Shock Top. Overall, I would say that the burger was the best burger I have ever had in my life! I will definitely go back and tell everyone I know to visit the Burger & Beer Joint when they are in Miami Beach:)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Burgers, Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We met here with some friends that live in Miami after they recommended this restaurant. The burgers are excellent and we really enjoyed them. Also the fries were really good as well. I had the thunder road burger and it was delicious. Also had the sweet potato fries and they were good as well. The onion rings were also huge in size. We really enjoyed lunch here and if your on a budget I would recommend splitting one of the meals as the burgers are really big.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kemi
“Best meal in Miami Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Burgers were great and very tasty! Beer selection was good, we ended up try a few. Restaurant was a bit hard to find first time. Restaurant looked very nice and american, just what we wanted.

• Visited September 2012