“Birthday Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

$65*
and up
Miami City Bus Tour
Ranked #4 of 155 things to do in Miami Beach
Activities: People-watching, Sunbathing, City walk sightseeing, Nightlife, Dining, Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: People watching is a great pastime in Miami's South Beach, which draws celebrities and beautiful people in skimpy swim attire to see and be seen. The wide and fine, white sand-covered beaches are popular spots for fashion photo shoots, so you're sure to see models. The area is known for its hip clubs and wild nightlife as well as numerous excellent restaurants.
US
30 attraction reviews
“Birthday Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

What can I say, it's South Beach. It was everything and more. A lot of shops, restaurants, clubs....it was a great trip where there was a lot to do, including laying on the beach.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Fort Myers, Florida
19 attraction reviews
“Beautiful water”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We are from the gulf coast of Florida so we are used to gorgeous beaches. The water her is crystal clear and beautiful!

There are lots of homeless people but they posed no threat to us. If you choose to eat outside on Ocean Drive, you might not want your table on the sidewalk because the homeless will come by and the restaurant personnel will do nothing to run them off.

SoBe is fun, cosmopolitan, and pricey! I wouldn't recommend this part of Miami beach for families. There is lots of skin shown! LOL!

Everyone should go there at least once!

Bogota, Colombia
“SO MANY HOMELESS IT DESERVES CAPS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Well, it is what you would expect.. a Beach in the South of Miami Beach.

There is an insane amount of homeless people gathering around the beach... some like to sleep next to the shore.

I was honestly surprised.. there's been no city I've ever visited (Chicago, Caracas, Bogota, Cancun, Madrid, Amsterdam, etc) that I've seen more homeless people than in SoBe

Atlanta, Georgia
33 attraction reviews
“The best florida has to offer...feels like Europe and Cuba had a child named South Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

South Beach...gorgeous weather, beautiful people, lots of different cultures and some of the best clubs and nightlife in the United States!

Visited September 2012
18 attraction reviews
“Magnificent Ocean, "Eh!" Beach, Seaweed and Birds...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I grew up in NJ, several hours away from the seashore, which I enjoyed year after year. My appreciation of the ocean never diminished. South Beach was unremarkable to me, compared with these memories, except for holding hands with my husband, dodging seagulls and viewing several ships toward the horizon. Seaweed was abundant the closer we got to the water. To be fair, it had been raining off and on, and "Mother Nature" didn't have time to clean up for us. : ) We walked along the beach, then later along the streets and sidestreets. We had to go to a parking garage earlier, since there were so few places to park, and people were everywhere, crowding along narrow sidewalks even on bikes and other "wheelie things".There were lots of souvenir shops, but none carried the "orange blossom" fragrance that my best friend asked me for, that she remembered from the last time she was in Florida. Overall, I didn't really like the place. It's over-commercialized and overcrowded. My husband did, however, so sometime this year or next, we are likely to go back. Perhaps I will enjoy it then.