“Exceeded My Expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 101 things to do in Miami Beach
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: People watching is a great pastime in Miami's South Beach, which draws celebrities and beautiful people in skimpy swim attire to see and be seen. The wide and fine, white sand-covered beaches are popular spots for fashion photo shoots, so you're sure to see models. The area is known for its hip clubs and wild nightlife as well as numerous excellent restaurants.
Bay Area
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Exceeded My Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were staying in South Beach during the Thanksgiving long weekend. The weather was perfect: sunny in the mid 70s - not too hot, just pleasant enough. The temperature of the water was very comfortable: again, just pleasant enough. The beaches with excellent sand run for miles. The water is beautiful turquoise color. There is also a wooden boardwalk that runs from 21st St to 46th St. The colorful lifeguard stations of Miami Beach are done in Art Deco style. Beaches of Miami Beach exceeded my expectations!

2 Thank Belbri

Turner Valey, Alberta
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 178 helpful votes
“Love this beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This beach goes on for miles. Even though there were a lot of people on it, everyone had their own space and it didn't feel crowded. Very nice for walking, swimming and sunbathing. So beautiful!

Seven Corners, Virginia
153 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 170 helpful votes
“Windy in December”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Went on the beach to soak some sun, but it started raining and gusts of wind uprooted all of the umbrellas that nearly knocked me off of my feet. :) Then it was sunny and beautiful for the rest of the day. You can rent a bike for $5/hr and ride along the paved path (you can't really ride on sand). There are also plenty of places to eat and drink.

Visited December 2012
Sydney, Australia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Average Beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I expected big things of South Beach, but wasn't impressed at all. The sand isnt very soft, there are no waves and the vibe isnt amazing. I may be spoilt as I live in Australia, but I wasnt overly impressed.

Peterborough, New Hampshire
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Wonderful beach. Great water, great neighborhood, great sand.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Had 2 hours on a visit to Miami and went to South Beach based on reviews. We were not disappointed and found it exceptional. Easy access to the beach from our car, great sand, clean water, friendly people. A bit of trash that could have been better policed, might have been more of an issue if we had been in the summer crowds. In our Dec. visit there was plenty of room to avoid it. And yes, the Dec. 2nd water was perfectly comfortable to our old bones! We spent a solid hour in the water, completely comfortably. Will advise that the public beach is actually partly topless (I had discounted the reviews mentioning this, surprise!!). There are many stores an easy walk from the beach, altogether it was a very nice visit.

Visited December 2012