“Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 19 Miami Beach B&B and Inns
Palm Beach, Florida
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

The new hotel is in a safe quiet location in North Beach, which for us was much nicer than the scene in South Beach. I loved that we could walk from our hotel to breakfast, to the beach and through the local park. You could check in for the weekend and have a nice quiet getaway without driving anywhere. We checked in late and the restaurant was still open, I loved the pizza, it looked pricey at first but it was not considering what you get. Our room was simple modern and clean very Ikea which I like. This hotel doesn't have a lobby or anything like that but the pool area although small is really nice for relaxing. The bakery around the corner is addicting, Sazon was awesome great cuban food and there are other nice local restaurants huge park on the beach and a noodle shop in walking distance.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We spent two nights at the New Hotel around New Year's. We chose it in part because the prices of hotels in South Beach were outrageous, and we very much enjoyed our stay. As others have noted, the neighborhood is much lower key, and is more relaxed than South Beach. The hotel itself is small, but we had a very good sized and pleasant room.

The staff there were very nice, and when we complained that the shower was not cleaned very well (it really wasn't a big deal, but the cleaning staff missed a couple of spots), the owner herself came to take care of it (it was after hours) and offered us free drinks. She could not have been nicer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

It's a ways off the beaten path but if you're staying in my Miami you'll need a car anyway. Clean and modern rooms are a plus. Someone did open my hotel room door late one night but perhaps it was a confused guest? Aside from that I had a pleasant stay. Free parking was very convenient.

• Stayed October 2012
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

As long as you're staying here for the right reasons - looking for an economical alternative to the pricier hotels in South Beach - you'll be just fine. We had a ground floor room, nice and clean, no problems with noise, and right around the corner from a Walgreen's with daily Krispy Kreme delivery. An easy walk to the beach was very convenient. Little bit seedy in the general area, but never felt at risk. Obviously you have to drive to get to the heart of South Beach, but that's the trade off.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

First, the good: the staff is super friendly and it's nice to have a fun and unique beer garden and restaurant at your fingertips. The location is also perfect for those who want a quiet Miami Beach experience with plenty of interesting and tasty restaurant options within easy walking distance. The beach one block away is quiet and perfect.

Now the bad. We reserved a particular room that was one of their nicer ones. Upon arrival, we were told that it wasn't available due to an electrical problem and we were offered a lesser room for a price reduction. Not having any alternatives, we accepted. The room we got was pretty sad. Fine in size, but it felt like a slightly upgraded Motel 6. Cheap feeling, average bed, cheap fixtures, with a view to the parking lot. Tiny bathroom, TINY sink. Smaller than anything I've even seen in Europe, and that's saying something. The noise from the downstairs beer garden was pretty heavy too....as was the noise from neighboring rooms. We could literally hear what people were talking about in the room adjacent to our bed. Then we ventured downstairs to the restaurant and got pretty bad service. Drinks took forever to come out, one of the drinks was wrong, and half our order didn't come out at all. When we re-ordered, we were told they were out of the item, plus they were out of other items too. Needless to say, we didn't return for dinner again. It was nice of them to comp our drinks that night, so that's positive I suppose. The atmosphere at the poolside bar is unique and cool, so we did try it for drinks again the next night and it was better. Overall, I wouldn't stay here again. Sorry to the staff of the hotel, who really were very friendly, but they can't cure the bad room experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Cape Coral, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I had looked up hotels near Miami Beach and found the “New Hotel” listed as one of the top 3 in Miami at a pretty cheap rate. I called and the lady who answered the phone “Anne” was very rude at first stating the price listed online was wrong, in which I stated that if that is price shown online it should be honored she hesitantly said “FINE” and proceeded to take my information. She stopped me halfway and said she couldn’t understand me and that I would have to call back to speak with someone else, I was already annoyed with her attitude and said ok then hung up. After thinking about it: how would the next person know of the ordeal? So I called back and asked Anne how the next person would know to honor that price? She then stated “They will honor whatever priced when you call” I said no that is why I wanted to book now, she then stated “Well our prices just changed.” I asked to speak with someone else when she said SHE was the owner! At this point I was PISSED! First she was rude, then lied and come to find out she is the owner! This is how the owner treats people…wow! I told her I would not stay and would write a very extensive review on Trip Advisor, she then stopped me and said “OK FINE!” I couldn’t believe the attitude I was getting from her but from the looks of the room I really wanted to stay somewhere nice/decent and after reading the reviews it seemed really chic. I’ve stayed at a few hotels in Miami before and yikes they can be gross! So she says let’s start over, she proceeds to take my information but isn’t friendly nor rude more annoyed which I didn’t appreciate. First of all this is not a hotel but rather a bed and breakfast type of hotel [only 5 rooms]. When we arrived [about 2 hours early] she did however let us check in early, about an hour and a half sooner. The location is nice since its really close to the local beach but pretty far from SOBE and the traffic was ridiculous trying to get there. The room was clean and modern but really not much to it, in the hotel photos on their website they show a beautiful room with a beautiful chandler which did not work, there was a sink in the kitchen with only 2 cups for coffee and a mini mini fridge that was barely cool. The bathroom was nice and clean but it took literally 15 min for hot water in the shower. There was a large walk in closet but only 2 tiny shelves, the bed was big and comfy but hubby swore the comforter was not clean. They have a nice bar outside and on our way back in people were still partying well past 3:00 a.m. which didn’t bother us but the very next morning at 8:00 a.m. I was woken by EVERY foot step, chair being scrapped across the floor and tables being pushed back into place. NOT what I wanted to wake up to let alone at 8:00 a.m.! It was an OKAY stay but definitely not for the going rate….

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I'm a travel writer from Australia and put this review in under a different user name which I abandoned. Thought it relevant to put it back in since I have a new account.

I travel about three months a year and have stayed in six star resorts down to family run B&Bs and Inns, but was incredibly surprised at the convenience, value and amenities that The New Hotel has at a great price with familial hosts.

It's a small hotel, only ten rooms but mine was large, light, spotlessly clean, with fast wi-fi, fridge, flat screen with hundreds of channels and a huge tiled bathroom with a large sparkling shower. It's in a transitional neighbourhood as all of Miami seems to be at times and it's just the way SoBe was 15 years ago when I visited then. But best of all, the price for accom, the dazzling array of local, quality and cheap food options plus the free parking make it a must stay.

I'll be coming back here every time I make Miami a destination because it feels like home thanks to Ann and Lou's bighearted welcoming and care throughout my stay

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to The New Hotel? Share your experiences!