“All new !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of San Juan Hotel

You added San Juan Hotel to your Saves list
San Juan Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1680 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #118 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Brazil
“All new !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was my 4th stay in this Hotel (before or after cruising). The location is perfect. Close to restaurants, bars, stores, snack bars, bus stop, Española Way, beach, etc. Famous Lincoln Road Mall is just 2 blocks away.
The hotel was 90% renewed but it is not art deco style anymore. There is a very nice bar to be opened soon (probably next June 2015) right at the entrance, close to the Front Desk. The new pool was not ready yet.
My room was new, with comfortable bed and pillows. Nice bathroom. All very clean. Wi Fi worked ok.
I might advise you that the air conditioning is centrally controlled so it might be cold. As I knew that, I brought my pyjamas ! So... for me it wasn´t a problem at all.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. Thanks Claudio, Byron, Ana, Rafael and Efraim !
I highly recommend this hotel ! Should I be back ? Definitely !

Room Tip: Nosso quarto era lateral e bastante silencioso.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We needed somewhere to stay for one night before a cruise and decided on this hotel, because of price and location. Check in was fast and easy. All the employees we encountered were courteous. The room was clean and a decent size with big windows and a nice view overlooking the St James Hotel. The bathroom was nice with a tile shower. They have valet parking, but we choose to use a parking garage two blocks down the street. The location is AMAZING.... seriously. Walking distance to Lincoln Road and the beach, so plenty of options for shopping and dining. The elevator is pretty small and there isn't a thermostat in the room, so you can't change the temperature, but we stayed comfortable and didn't have any problems. I was a little nervous because of mixed reviews, but I was pleased with my stay and would definitely go back!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel was spectacular! It exceeded my expectations. From reading previous reviews I had mixed emotions going into this vacation. When we arrived, we could not believe how stunning the lobby was. Check-in was a breeze, we were in our room in less than 10 minutes. The whole staff was so sweet and very helpful. Then for the best part, our room! We stayed in the luxury king room and it was perfect for two people (possibly even more). I come from New York and this room is HUGE compared to the closest sized rooms in NYC. It was so pretty inside, flat screen tv, mini fridge, a lot of storage, gorgeous bathroom (no bathtub if that's a big thing for you). The location is amazing! It was in the center of it all. I would definitely stay here again and I will most certainly recommend this place to everyone. Thank you San Juan for such a pleasant experience

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2015

Stayed from 15th march till the 20th-as allways the staff are really friendly and helpful-even though renovations are ongoing the noise was kept to a minimum Even the kids on spring break were enjoying themselves and not noisy as anticipated
The new rooms are clean and spacious and once all completed will be one of the best value hotels in this location-so close to lincoln road and ocean drive -and the beach only 2 blocks away-would definitley recommend and will be returning at christmas for a week
which my wife and i are looking forward to as they will have a bar in reception and the pool will be completley refurbished
regards alan and bev eiffert england

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

I would recommend this hotel if you're looking for an affordable option near the beach. They were still in the middle of renovations while we were there. The room and bathroom were small and not great quality but worked for us. The sink in our bathroom leaked like crazy and the walls were very thin. Despite all of these issues, the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
SanJuanHotel, General Manager at San Juan Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2015
Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are sorry you caught us in the middle of our renovations but our rooms, corridors, lobby and porch are now 100% complete. Our pool, garden and bar should be ready by the summer of this year. We certainly hope you give us another chance on your next visit to South Beach so that we can turn your 3 star experience into a 5 star one.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

I will start with the positives.
1. the location. It is on Collins Avenue and is convenient to everything. The liquor store right next door is convenient and there are several bars and restaurants within walking distance.
2. The bathrooms are newly renovated. Very small, but the shower and the sink are nice.
3. The beds are small but they were pretty comfy.

negatives:
1. Everyone at this hotel is so rude. Be prepared to wait at check-in. Also be prepared for them to not have your reservation. Almost every person checking in in front of us was waiting because the hotel "didn't have their reservation in the computer". There is also only one computer and one person handling check in.
2. The valet parking is a nightmare. The only parking they have is a little roundabout right in front of the hotel that can fit maybe 3 cars. We had to park outside and while we were waiting for their valet to come get the car, the woman kept harassing me saying that if I didn't move my car right away, someone would come ticket me. We waiting for over half an hour for someone to move the car and I had to stand there waiting with it so no one would ticket the car.
3. The rooms don't have thermostats. We were freezing the entire weekend and the air was just constantly blowing. Called down to the front desk to ask for an extra blanket and the guy told me that "they didn't have those."
4. They are just straight up unorganized. While waiting in the lobby at check out, there were some guys checking in. One of them came back down and told the girl that they needed a different room because there were already people in that room. I mean, COME ON.
5. Their key system sucks. You have to hold the key up to the door for at least 5 or 6 seconds for it to open, and most of the time it wouldn't actually open. The safe in our room didn't work and I never felt comfortable leaving my stuff in the room.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone to be completely honest. I would have rather spent more money somewhere else that I actually felt safe and welcome.

Room Tip: try to get the first floor because the elevator is sketchyy.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on this forum. First and foremost, we apologize for the service you received. From the sound of it, it was completely inexcusable. I have sent a private message to get a little more detail on this and to provide a more personal apology.

Since your stay we have taken measures to better serve our guests. We have added additional staff during busy periods to minimize waiting time and increase our organization. We have also retrained our staff on the pillars of SJH service to ensure guest services remain our hallmark. We also spoken with the valet company we work with about adding more man power to better serve our guests. Finally, we also have rfid key cards for our door locks. We truly hope you give us another chance so that we can make it up to you and take care of you the way you deserve - especially while on vacation. Hopefully by that next visit, our brand new pool, garden and bar will be ready and waiting for you!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

Last Monday on 3/9/15 me and my God sis flew out to South Beach for my 24th birthday and we stayed at the beautiful San Juan Hotel on Collins Ave. I must say that when i was looking for a hotel down there i was surprise to find such a affordable one that was located smack dab in the middle of everything. When we got there we were welcomed by the front desk lady and she was really nice and made our check-in experience fast and easy. She also gave us a free complimentary drink for the restaurant or hotel around the corner from there. When i seen our room i was amazed on how it looks just like the photos on the website. i was happy to see how clean it was and how cool the room felt since it was pretty warm out. The beds felt great with the pillow top mattress too.The bathroom was so cute and just perfect for us. The water pressure was AWESOME for a hotel, the best I have ever experienced! The walls are pretty thin so we heard other guest as well but it didn't bother us at all. We knew that Spring Break just started and we was excited about that as well. We did not have any problems with this hotel what so ever. The beach is just 1 block away and it sooooo beautiful. The liquor store "I Love Liquor" is located right next door and that is nice as well. You have all your needs in the palm of your hand..Walgreen's, CVS, clothing stores, all types of places to eat on Lincoln Road. The best part is that Ocean Drive is just 2 blocks down and a half a block over, and if you have never been there you will love it. The hotel was kind of still in the middle of construction but only in the lobby and out front. I recommend this hotel for the younger and older crowd because its sooo convenient. Also the Miami International is only 20-25 minutes away which was great. When it was time to leave a cab was called for us and he came less than 5 minutes. Best believe when i come back to South Beach i will be staying here again. Thank you so much San Juan for making my stay here, enjoyable and pleasant. The Best Birthday Ever...Until next time! :)

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your wonderful feedback here. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and can't wait to show you an even better experience on your next visit to South Beach! We look forward to hosting you again soon!!

Been to San Juan Hotel? Share your experiences!