“I love this place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #126 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“I love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I love this place it feels like home everytime I'm here. This is the second time I have stayed here and will continue to stay here, there is no need to go to another hotel. This is the only place I will stay when I go back. Will recommend this place to anyone and everyone traveling to Miami. See you in December.

• Stayed September 2013

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bytom, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The hotel is an ideal place to stay when having fun in Miami Beach. It`s just one block away from the sea and it`s still quiet and peaceful at nights. The owner is a very easy-going person. The rooms are spacious and really clean. There are many places to eat in the area but the kitchen in the apartment is also well equipped. I highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: I didn`t notice any difference between the rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Sheraton right on the beach in Ft. Lauderdale and paid over twice as much as this place and we like it much better here! I'm so glad that we left there early and came here, this room is twice as large,we have a kitchen, hardwood floors, huge bedroom and separate living/dining room, and FREE WiFi here (and it's fast speeds), we had to pay $10 a night for slow WiFi at the Sheraton. South Beach is so much more fun than Ft. Lauderdale, You are 2 short blocks from the beach right in the heart of the real vibe this beach has to offer--the action is from 5th street to 16th street and you're right in it, and yet, things really quite down once you walk over here to the hotel, so you are near the party, but not living in it. I'd much rather stay here then "on the beach", here you can get away from the noise if you want to.

A great tip is to talk to the valet parking guys just around the corner for parking; you just give them a call 20 or 30 minutes in advance and they'll have your car waiting for you. Bathroom is clean, the entire room is clean, the queen sized bed is very comfortably, I'm a big guy and I'm comfortable in the bed. The outside of the building is not good but it is being renovated right now, but no construction noise that I could hear. So don't let the outside fool you, this place is very clean in the room, I'd come here again. Mitch is a great manager, he'll help you with whatever you need.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

After much review (tripadvisor included) we settled on the Sherbrooke Hotel, for the following reasons; Great reviews, close to all of the attractions in the SOB area (Mangoes, Lummus Park, Ocean Ave, all the SOB clubs). Much to our surprise when the GO Shuttle stopped in front of the a dilapidated looking building, our hearts stopped beating. The walk up to the entrance was even worse, the scaffolding had police tape and we needed to be buzzed into the hotel (no lobby receptionist). The voice on the other end of the intercom said, "once you enter come up to the third floor." What he didn't say, was the elevator is on the fritz, please wait while i check the roof to reset the elevator... Long story short, the rooms look at first glance like a boarding house (they do have several long-term tenants) or hostel. Too many un-used doors to gain access to your room, thin walls, scary looking bed (not sure about you, but if i dont even feel comfortable laying my head down, then I'm out) and mildew in batharea.

We left for the following reasons: May 30, 2013
* hotel elevator is intermittent - owner/receptionist/housekeeper (all the same person: Mitch) stated that it would be updated in the near future, because it is so old.
* We were given two wash clothes only after being questioned for not bringing our own ??? One of the two clothes looked well used and dingy. after a small debate, Mitch exchanged
* Checked the bed area (mattress and boxspring) and dresser drawers and found small wiggly bugs crawling.

Owner/receptionist/housekeeper = Mitch, confirmed he saw the insects before yet only on the floor, that was enough for us.... so we checked out!

Good things about this location (Yes, can't believe I typed that right!):
* Mitch was very understanding and did not try to hold us to the check-in/cancellation policy even though he had swiped our credit cards. He allowed us to us the free wifi to book new reservations and was very courteous.

* If you are yound and dont mind the dingy bathroom accomodation, small insects (that you may or may not see, if you don't move items in the room). Then this location is close to the center of attractions in SOB.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Mitch, the hotel manager was very helpful during my stay. It so happened there was a huge rain storm and he provided me with several amenities that I needed. The hotel is in an ideal location, walking distance from all the hot spots in South Beach. Great prize, great vibe, and awesome location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Uppsala
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Considering the great location and what you pay I would recommend this hotel to anyone. If you expect luxury, spotless rooms, restaurant, stylish reception area etc, well.. its better to go somewhere else. Still the place is clean enough and the rooms/apts have character. We stayed in a quite spacious corner room with many big windows equipped with kitchen area, fridge, microwave and a big table. We liked it a lot. The furniture is basic and the supply of kitchenware was decidedly limited though. The caretaker Mitch is very nice and will come and assist if you call him. The apartment was ca 40 m from Ocean Drive, not far away from the noise but still reasonably quiet. The building is an Art Deco jewel that would see architecture buffs on pilgrimage anywhere in Europe, but this is South beach and there are hundreds of them Deco houses around here. If there had been some more forks, spoons and so on, somewhat cleaner, somewhat upgraded furniture I would give 5 stars. Location can't be better, great value. Would surely come back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

If rating value and location alone, I'd give the Sherbrooke at least 4 stars. Like many places in South Florida, cleanliness doesn't seem to be high on the priority list. For the money and the location, the Sherbrooke is clean enough. The caretaker is a friendly guy and the rooms are very spacious and full of character. We'd stay there again, but would hesitate to mention to travelers who require a spotless room.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sherbrooke Hotel? Share your experiences!