“The PERFECT Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Augusta, Georgia
“The PERFECT Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at the Sense Beach house in September and it was absolutely wonderful. The staff was friendly the food was great and the room was clean and quiet! A perfect location when you do not want to be in the middle of a South Beach party not a far walk from the party either! Loved it!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

For what it is, it's a great small boutique hotel. The decor and furnishings are modern and the location is perfect. Restaurant food was surprisingly delicious, as were the cocktails. Full bar at the restaurant is great. Beach is a block away and great restaurants and shopping are in walking distance. We are yoga practitioners and walked to a different studio every day we stayed. Our room had a great balcony, and for Miami, I found the location to be relatively quiet.

All that being said, for the price, I expected a bit more. Half the time no one was at the front desk for assistance - don't expect towels or service on call. At one point I called to ask if ice could be brought up as there are no ice machines on the floors and they informed me to go downstairs to the restaurant to fetch it myself. There are no coffee machines in the rooms and the downstairs restaurant doesn't open until after 8. If you are an early riser you have to walk a couple of blocks to the nearest coffee shop (Aroma espresso bar is great!). While the beach is super convenient and their resort fee covers the use of beach chairs and umbrellas, we were so excited until we realized about half of them don't work. Test them out before you walk off the property. Two of our chairs had such giant holes they left you sitting in the sand and one umbrella had one side that was completely collapsed in.

All things considered, I would stay again if I were in the area, but definitely with lower expectations of what I was getting into for the price point.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I love this nice small hotel. The hotel was very quiet , small and clean. I would recommend this hotel for those that don't want to stay at party hotel. This is also one of the very few hotel that actually have a pool on ocean drive.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

I reserved this hotel for my last night of a March Break trip to Florida through Booking.com. I received confirmation of my booking several days before my arrival. When I arrived at the hotel, I was informed that the hotel did not have my room as they had over-booked and honoured someone else's booking and found another hotel for me. The girl at the front desk tried to tell me that the other hotel was compareable... well,not quite! What a disappointment! Although the people at the hotel that we did stay at were very nice, the accomodations were not at the same level as the Sense Beach House. Make sure you really have a reservation with this hotel before setting out on your trip. Not sure if I would bother trying to book with this hotel again. What a way to finish a great vacation....

Room Tip: never got my room so I can't provide a tip!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

Loved this hotel. Stayed after a business trip in Fort Lauderdale. Arrived and was able to ask for immediate valet parking. Although early the room was available and was able to check in. Room was tastefully decorated in subtle shades. Lovely comfortable bed with spacious bathroom and molten brown toiletries. Food in restaurant delicious and staff super and friendly. Location is superb on Ocean and just away from the really loud part. There is a beautiful beach accessible right across the road. All in all SUPERB....

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Toulouse, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2015

Great hotel and restaurant in fabulous location.Stayed here for 2 nights from 6 to 8 feb and loved it.Big comfortable rooms with all the amenities expected with bath robes and beach towels it felt very luxurious.Went to their restaurant for dinner and brunch on the sun which is not cheap but lovely quality.All the waiters are friendly and happy making you feel wanted and special.Loved this place dont go anywhere else and its minutes from main strip but much nicer for ambiance and sleeping

Room Tip: ask for rooms facing the ocean
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015

I loved the beachy design and feel of this South Beach Hotel, it is so unique for the area! The location and price were great. You’re one block from the beach, right off of the main drive. Service was excellent, and our room was wonderful. We slept great, the beds really are very comfortable! The rooftop pool was very nice, but I would recommend they add some entertainment. I’ve used Foli at a few locations, and it’s great for the pool or beach, really adds value to your stay. Plus I can take articles with me for the flight home, which is a nice perk. Overall, we enjoyed this unique ambiance for South Beach and will definitely be back for another stay!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Sense Beach House? Share your experiences!