“Customer service LIVES” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Austin, Texas
“Customer service LIVES”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Our crew of 12 friends recently took over Sense Beach House for a 3-night stay to celebrate a friend's 30th birthday. This place is perfect for a romantic weekend or a weekend of partying with your friends. It is definitely more on the relaxing end of the spectrum.

The absolute best part about this hotel was the customer service. In a time when good customer service is very hard to find, this hotel knocks it out of the park! Each morning we ordered breakfast from the downstairs hotel restaurant (the Local House) and they delivered it up to the pool for us to enjoy poolside with a distant ocean view. The restaurant staff was UNBELIEVABLY friendly and was there to serve us with everything from poolside mimosa refills to simply filling our solo cups with ice downstairs at the hotel restaurant/bar. This hotel and restaurant/bar staff are an excellent team who enjoy their jobs and deliver perfect service.

The location is perfect. Walking distance to the main parts of Ocean Dr. and South Beach.

The rooms are very comfortable, as already noted in other posts, with a comfortable rain-water shower-head. The pool is small but just perfect considering it's a smaller boutique hotel. We were usually the only people by the pool, which we thoroughly enjoyed.

Being a smaller boutique hotel, you are getting personal service and attention.

I cannot say enough positive about this place. Excellent rates considering the ideal location on South Beach, and customer service that beats any other more expensive property. You will NOT be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

383 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Marktschellenberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Our stay was absolutely fantastic! The starlett at reception was amazing and so truly caring that it has been a pleasure to meet her every morning. We definitely loved the food-no matter if we talk about breakfast (go for the pancakes!!!), snacks (goats cheese croquettes!!!) or dinner-the chef is a genius!
The whole atmosphere at the Beach House is so well thought through and very relaxing, there's no negative point I could possibly think of. The rooms are beautiful & spacious with tremendous bathrooms, the pool deck is very inviting and the restaurant with its terrace right at Ocean Road simply makes you sit there and enjoy and sit and enjoy and sit and sit... ;)
As you can see we loved every single minute we spent in this beautiful place, we enjoyed every moment we got to talk to the staff (again-especially the lovely girl at reception) and we all wanted to stay there much longer.

The Sense Beach House is a lovely and to me the perfect place to stay in South Beach-very close to the beach but not directly within the hustle & the bustle. But then if you want to be-it only takes you two minutes and you're right in the middle of it! PERFECT!!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed there for 3 Nights and out of all the places I stayed in Miami before this one is definitely the best I would never stay anywhere else again.
As we pulled up with the cab I was wowed right away by the beautiful tranquil coastal setting!
Then there was the super cute receptionist which had the nicest smile and was so friendly and made us all feel so welcome she was in in a huge surprise for me. My girl fiends organized one of my friends from Germany to meet us there and she was super helpful to her while she was waiting for us to arrive!
The room was gorgeous! I am just in love with the coastal decor through out the whole place everything is super clean and comfortable, the mattresses are super comfy was hard to get out in the morning. Our first breakfast changed the getting up problem... I am telling you their Banana pancakes are out of this world we tried pretty much everything on the breakfast menu and its all sooo good and sitting outside Oceandrive and it being so peaceful was a surprise you are right there but with out all the craziness.
The service was always super friendly and knowledgeable. As I am pregnant right now there are a lot of things I cant eat but there always accommodated my needs.
We went out for dinner the first night which was OK. The next day we decided to stay and eat dinner downstairs and WOW again the chef is out of this world we regretted that we went somewhere else the previous night.
The goat cheese balls and the stuffed dates are amazing
and we tried pretty much everything from the menu trough out the next few nights and shared everything there is not one thing bad I could say the stakes are all perfectly cooked and seasoned and everything just tastes soooooo fresh you want to lick the plate!
my girlfriends enjoyed the cocktails as well they where really creative and refreshing with fresh fruits I was a bit jealous that I couldn't have one but I ordered a virgin mojito which did the trick for me! And all this outside on their little porch again in a tranquil setting with candles!
They have a beautiful rooftop pool which we didn't have chance to use because we where to busy shopping the whole day! But i could see my self there in the future with a nice cocktail lounching the whole day! We went for a few beach walks, its nice located across the beach they rent out paddleboards and you can take free beach chairs and towels to the beach which wowed me as well because these days nothing is for free anymore!
All together we had a fabulous stay and I am so looking forward to come back!

Thanks to all the lovely staff which made the stay even better!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights. It's on ocean drive an away from the 'busy' touristy area. We arrived early and the receptionist, a pretty blonde girl, welcomed us. We were able to check in early on this occasion which was really good of the hotel. Room is spacious and clean. Bed is comfy. Decor is cool. Shower is big. The pool was our favourite area. It's quiet, relaxing and perfect to cool down. Pool is shallow - 3ft- not too deep. Great for cooling off. The beach ain't far away at all. The main part of ocean drive is not too far and very busy. Checking out was easy. Chris was really helpful and friendly. The staff here are great.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My recent stay at the sense was amazing, from the service to the restaurant. I simply loved it. My advice is if you're in miami or you live in miami and want to get away,the sense is for you. Don't forget bout the local house restaurant! try the local burger ! Sooo good!

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were looking for a one night to get away when we found this gem. We are Miami locals and just wanted to relax and rejuvenate.

We walked in and were immediately greeted by morning concierge (Chris). He walked out and helped us with our bags. Valet is $29. It took no more than a couple minutes and we were shown to our room. We were given a free upgrade to a partial ocean view, balcony access room.

The room was large with beautiful with beachy themed decorations. The room was equipped with bathrobes, iron & ironboard, assorted snacks and drinks, safe, and bath slippers which were comfy. The balcony had a great view of the city as well as a decent view of the beach for a non-oceanfront property. The tv was a pretty large 50 something inch LED. The bathroom comes with all shower soaps and shampoos. You can also ask for extra towels and soap for free. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever been on.

When we came back down to the lobby there was another concierge (Anthony). He explained to us all the extra amenities we had received by paying their $8.50 resort fee (beach stuff, unlimited wi-fi, and promotional passes to local businesses). He then went on to recommend local bars and restaurants (as a local I already knew some of them but great recommendations nonetheless).
We spent a couple hours out to town and when we returned we asked about dinner. Anthony ended up helping us choose a place (Prime 112) and he went ahead and made reservations.

Dinner was delicious and we ended up going to Radio Bar after for drinks. When we came back to the hotel we were greeted by a third concierge (never got his name). He greeted us like the other two and we headed upstairs and turned in for the night.

Next day we went up to the pool on the roof and had breakfast while getting some sun. Their in-house restaurant (The Local House) is phenomenal and they have a great unlimited mimosa special. Finished up breakfast and went back to the beach before checking out.

Checkout time is noon but the hotel will hold bags for you if necessary. Yessey, their other morning concierge, was very sweet and checked us out quickly. She even gave us some ideas of what to do on SoBe before heading home.

Amazing experience. Definitely recommend it and would go back for my next mini-vacation. Next time I would bring my own liquor though cause it can get a little expensive at the bars. Shout out to the concierges. Their service was awesome and made my stay all the better.

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed in this beautiful boutique hotel mid June with my girlfriends and I have to say the Sense Beach House blew me away! From the decor in the room, lobby and restaurant to the extremely attentive staff! Let me just break it down for ya!

The local house restaurant:
This restaurant for being fairly new is beyond words! The food was delicious! I was taking a look at the reviews on yelp.com and everything stated is absolutely true! Bottomless mimosas was the top notch for our everyday brunch!

Sense beach house hotel :
As soon as I walked in to check in, the first thing I noticed was how quickly I felt at home, and relaxed. The lighting, the decor, the beachy feel to this hotel is stunning. The concierge that checked me in was all smiles and very helpful with tips on what to do and where to go. The room I had was room #3, which is a corner room with wrapped around balcony. Beautiful view! The beds were out of this world! I felt rejuvenated every morning! The rooftop pool is perfect to relax, read a book and listen to their 80's music they have playing!

I've never felt so relaxed in a hotel, especially one in south beach! This hotel is perfectly located! Far away from all the noise but definitely close to everything. I'm truly happy I came across this beautiful hotel! Thank you for such a wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Sense Beach House? Share your experiences!