“This quaint beach bungalow- style hotel will captivate and capture your heart.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sense Beach House

You added Sense Beach House to your Saves list
Sense Beach House
3.5 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   400 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #43 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

If you are like me, you don't crave the posh, super swank and overpriced vaction stays where no one truly cares or knows your name-but hey, they have "hot chicks"by the pool that won't talk to you either. I decided to avoid those soulless places and look for more intimate, personal and attention-to-detail hotels that treat you like a long-lost friend staying over the weekend. SENSE BEACH HOUSE is every bit a top notch hotel, with that "Welcome home, friend!" feel. You are in Miami , but you could swear you have been transported to your coastal surf pad or the beachy house you always dreamed of owning. Part Hamptons, part Malibu and a generous helping of Hawaii; rustic lanterns and reclaimed fixtures; compelling "barbie" art and books left here and there and always in arms reach just when you need them. The crew are all willing, charming and knowledgeable about the hotel, their solid menu and inspired summer cocktails. Beach access and the pool are both aces while staying here. The longer you stay, the more nuances and grandeur unfold. I found myself showing people I just met around and talking about the art , perfectly designed rooms and service as if I've stayed here my entire life. Maybe this is the true appeal of SENSE BEACH HOUSE...that all the work, creativity and professionalism are so perfectly masked that you can totally relax and live without interruption, and yet never need and want for anything more. Oh, and the restaurant pulled in tables of gorgeous people and they did talk, drink and laugh with me. I'm happy; I'm sad to go-I shall return!
Mark A.Tambone

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I spend a week here complitely relax very nice service And italian food And the best is the roof top swiming pool!!!very close to the ocean like 1 minuts walk and very simple access to the beach!! Best quality price..

• Stayed July 2013
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

this hotel is great. close to action yet quiet and away from it. all rooms have great views and the staff is best ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! didn't get a chance to eat at the hotel restaurant but it must be good since there were always people there eating.

Room Tip: ask for room #16
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This boutique hotel is located on Ocean Drive in the world famous Art Deco area of South Beach, often known as SoBe. The location proved to be ideal with the beach only a few minutes walk away and the tourist section of Ocean Drive about 5 minutes walk.

Other than the obvious beach house theme, the hotel was garnished with festive decorations which made us felt warm and welcomed. Check in was effortless (despite our arrival being well before scheduled check in time) and and the front desk staff proved helpful throughout our say by assisting with printing our boarding passes for our onwards flights and making recommendations for food and things to see.

The newly renovated hotel rooms was specious and comfy. I love the Barbie portraits throughout the hotel and the bathroom felt open and fresh.

One of the highlights of Sense Beach House has to be the rooftop swimming pool with a view to the beach. While the water was a little too cold on our trip the whole area was well stocked with towels, cool water and plenty of comfy places to lounge.

For photos of the hotel, please check out my travel blog:

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Such a great place to stay. simply elegant. The staff are just awesome! Our suite looked so clean and comfy. The rooftop looks nice and cozy. Has a great view of Ocean Drive and the surrounding areas. Walking into this hotel i automatically felt relaxed and comfortable. the music they play is great. The restaurant is excellent. Anyone eating there, i recommend the fries and pan fried salmon. Superb! Thanks a bunch to Jessie and Mitch for accommodating us! Shall not forget it.

Room Tip: Corner suites have the best of both worlds. lol
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I read reviews about the hotel and saw pictures and booked our room based on them. I'm so very happy that I did. They were so amazing. We arrived early expecting to just drop our bags but they checked us in and let us go to our room. The hotel smelled amazing and was instantly soothing and relaxing. The decor was absolutely adorable. The staff was so friendly and very very helpful. The provided beach bags, towels and chairs. Any request we had they always fulfilled with smiles on their faces. Our room was spacious with the most comfortable beds. I had the best sleep and wanted to bring the bed home with me. The bathroom was also beautiful and the shower was amazing. Everything was super clean. The balcony and view was great. The pool area was immaculate and very relaxing. It's beautifully designed. You can see the ocean from your lounge chair. I ordered food from the restaurant, which was delicious and I enjoyed it pool side. I can't express enough how nice and helpful every single person was. Especially Sydney, the late night Concierge. He was very helpful and always had a smile from ear to ear. They helped us from getting extra towels, Ice, glasses, etc to telling us where to go each day and night for dinner,drinks or for dancing. It was close enough to the strip but far enough to keep it peaceful at night. I will always stay at sense house for as long as I go to Miami.

• Stayed June 2013
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed in the cute boutique hotel for a couple of days. Comfy beds and modern finishes. Pros: Across the street from the beach. Hotel provides beach chairs, umbrellas, towels. Although you're paying an $8 + daily convenience fee. Cute but tiny pool upstairs, which closes at 8:30. Precisely the time we would actually want to use it. Cons: random "pipe" noises, though only during the day. Otherwise pretty quiet. Lots of natural light between the exposed bathroom window, and bedroom curtains. So if you're a light sleeper like myself, this can be annoying. Ask for a quiet section of hotel.

Stayed May 2013

Been to Sense Beach House? Share your experiences!