“Wonderful surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Sandwich, Massachusetts, United States
“Wonderful surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This was a beautiful place with lots of character. Great location and easy walk to where you'd want to go. The staff were great and felt really welcome. The room was clean, comfortable and charming and was a delight to be in. I would be more than happy to stay here again.

373 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We are quite used to the Hotels in South Beach. But this one was a real surprise. The room was big and bright. We had a little balcony. It was also clean and we had a room with two beds. Only car parking is difficult in this area and the valet parking at the hotel is with 29 Dollar a little bit too expensive for what i think.
As you know in South Beach you will find many additional costs on your final bill. As in Europe i believe that this should be transparent in advance to everybody.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I loved this place! The people at the dent desk were so helpful! Sydney was very attentive. The staff was very friendly! The hotel was clean and very modern. My room was lovely and spacey. Loved the rooftop pool!!!Only complaint was that my room did not get cleaned and I had to request clean towels. Other than that over all great place to stay!

• Stayed February 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Direct on Ocean Drive close to the absolute south on South Beach you find this quiet hotel with spacious rooms with nice and new interior. Not comparable with big hotels! You check in at a tiny desk where the receptionist sits with his laptop and iPhone....
In the reception it is too noisy as the music is much too high for 40+ guests...
But the place is fine and very convenient placed for going to the beach.
Free WiFi all over. A small outdoor pool on the roof.

Hengelo, Overijssel, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

it was already a year ago that we visited this hotel. The changed the website and the hotel. There is now a restaurant in the hotel that serves brunch, lunch and diner. It is a good addition to the hotel because there is now a roomservice available. The rooms are renewed and it is even beter that before. The value for money is not bad because it is is a small luxures locatie.
As most hotels in Miami Beach you can hear everything from the buren and the hallway.

Room Tip: All rooms are good in this facility, the rooms at the site of the ocean drive do not have partial vi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I'm sure the Sense Beach House is a very lovely hotel. I booked it based on the beautiful photos, location and amenities. However, despite having a confirmed reservation I was not able to stay here. I booked this a reservation for Friday night online the evening before, when my return flight to New York was cancelled due to inclement weather. The Sense emailed me my online confirmation.

At noon on Friday, Sense Beach House called me and told me that they were overbooked and I could not stay there. I was unclear as to why they had not called me earlier to inform me, since they were basically stranding me in Miami at the last minute. I told them they had very much inconvenienced me, and asked if they would book me a complimentary room at another hotel. They said they would help me find another hotel, but I would have to pay full price for it.

I have stayed at hotels in many different price ranges all over the world, so I know that not honoring a confirmed reservation at the last minute is very unusual. It happened to me only once before. I was staying at the Marriott Las Vegas, and they cancelled my confirmed reservation at the last minute due to overbooking. They paid for me to stay at a nicer hotel in the area, and also paid my taxi fare to the other hotel.

So I do know that this is exceptionally poor service, especially for a hotel in this price range. My "confirmed" room was $321 a night.

Perhaps this is a very nice hotel. But do you really want to risk being stranded in an unfamiliar city three hours before check-in time, despite having a confirmed reservation?

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Neat place, we had a small room that overlooked the alley in the back, but most of the other rooms had balconies. They were all very friendly and had beach chairs and towels to take to the one block to the ocean. The roof-top pool area was fun, and there was never anyone else up there. We had Sunday brunch and it was pretty good for the price, and the unlimited Mimosa's were a hit

Room Tip: Ask for a view!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sense Beach House? Share your experiences!