South Beach miami is basically divided between the art deco / boutique hotel area and the high rise hotel area. The Sense is perfectly located in the art deco part of town but not in the middle of the craziness but just at the onset on ocean drive.
* absolutely great location (on ocean drive at the beginning of the row of restaurants / bars)
* new construction (around 3-4 yrs) which makes for great rooms / hotel - the vast majority of the hotels there are old '20s- '30s constructions that have been re-done at some point in time but many are still not what you would expect for the money
* very cool design inside / vibe
* pool on top where you can relax / have breakfast
* quiet and relaxing surroundings but just a minute away from non stop music and craziness
* one block away from the beach (they give you beach towels down-stairs + beach chairs)
* being a very small boutique hotel the place has some very weird particularities - the closet had no hangers (never encountered this in any hotel, not even a 2 star) and when we asked for hangers we were told the place doesn't have any + our request was out of place (???) - we ended up buying hangers ourselves from Wallgreens (2 blocks away) to hang going out shirts, dresses and pants. not a big deal but for the money you would expect hangers or at least the hotel to go and buy some.
* sometimes a bit of weird service - see the hanger situation above + another time we had a problem with the A/C and we basically had to wait it out.
All in all a very good experience, would definetly recommend the place based on the location, the design and property age, but to get this place to 5 star for the price one pays they need to step it up on the service side of things.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sense Beach House is just steps from the beach, offering a personalized and casually sophisticated vacation getaway. The hotel offers 18 modern rooms, a rooftop pool and lounge area with ocean and skyline views and indoor/outdoor restaurant, The Local House. Perfectly situated on the southern end of South Beach, in the chic SoFi neighborhood, Sense Beach House provides what South Beach has been missing – a true beach escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sense Beach House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sense South Beach Miami