First, this was billed as a one-bedroom apartment. It had a murphy bed that was exposed to the kitchen/dining area, and when unfolded, there was a space about 4 inches to pass between the wall and the mattress: to get to the bathroom. I had it in my mind that there would be a door. That's what it means to be a 1-bedroom.
Second, one key reason we picked this place was because of the washer and dryer. We were staying here for 2 nights after a cruise, and the ability to do laundry was critical for us. I was expecting a low-end stackable unit, but instead got an Asko all-in-one washer/dryer. They just don't work very well -- 200 minutes to dry a half-size load. Plus, the temperature is so hot, i had a pair of gym shorts in there, and they were partially melted and my other clothes smelled burnt. I realize this is operator error, but it's just an odd system. Knowing what these units cost, they could have installed a stackable type unit for much less money.
Now, the place was cute, and the location can't be beat. Half a block from Lincoln Road, walkable to the beach, restaurants galore, awesome spots to shop in - especially for books - the Assouline shop within a shop is a must-see, as is the Taschen shop are all positives. It was also great being able to pick up some fruit and things to much on, and have a fridge to keep them in.
Most of the other guests were Europeans, for whom renting an apartment is a more common mode of travel. There was some noise travel from apartment to apartment. The bed was uncomfortable. Probably wouldn't stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- Chic Place At Lincoln Hotel
- Chic Place At Lincoln Hotel Miami Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chic Place at Lincoln, located in the heart of South Beach, is considered a boutique residency that makes guests feel like locals. Our residential-style property allows you to experience the South Beach lifestyle and take it for a test drive in a new and trendy way. Conveniently located steps away from South Beach’s famous Lincoln Road, the nine uniquely appointed apartments feature curated art, vanishing mirror TV’s, built in ceiling TV over your bed, built in wall iPod docks, full size European kitchens, impeccably restored vintage furnishing, small washer/dryer, and a most accommodating living area. Free use of W-fi and parking are a great added value. The toothsome owner is plugged into the art and design world, so each of the 9 studio apartments are uniquely decorated with vintage and kitschy furniture, patterned rugs and of course, tons of art from permanent works to rotating, curated exhibits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your ChicPlace at Lincoln reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.