“The most amazing experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 33 Attractions in Miami Beach
Type: Monuments/ Statues, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: Dedicated in 1990, Kenneth Treister's striking environmental memorial is dominated by the Sculpture of Love and Anguish, a 40-foot-tall outstretched hand, reaching to the sky.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Haddonfield, New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
“The most amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I had decided to check out this memorial based on what I read about it on TripAdvisor. It was the most amazing thing we experienced while in Miami. I don't think words can describe the emotion that is brought out when visiting this site. Completely randomly while my husband and I were there, a woman and her mother walked up to us to tell us that the older woman was a Holocaust survivor, and did we want to chat with her? We discovered that her name had just been etched on the Memorial Wall and she was there to see it with her daughter. She showed us her ID tattoo on her arm and described that she had been in 5 camps, the last being Auschwitz. She was 20 when she got out. My mind was blown by this experience, and would recommend that anyone coming to Miami visit this incredible reminder of history that should never be forgotten.

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Freehold, New Jersey, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Take time to linger...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was on a bus/walking tour and was not able to remain at the Memorial for more than 20-25 minutes. But they are some of the most memorable moments of my entire trip to Miami. The sculptures are magnificent, especially when you emerge from the tunnel. I was literally startled by my own emotional reaction. Such a beautiful and haunting place -- be sure to stop! And there is an info booth and website for more info about the artist and history.

Doetinchem, The Netherlands
19 attraction reviews
“Must see”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We found this through tripadvisor and it was worth it!
This memorial is very well made and it touches you! The sculptures are beautifully made.
You get the chills of all the names, pictures and storys on the walls.
This is really a must see when you are in Miami.

Visited May 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
11 attraction reviews
“Moving artistry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Touched me deeply. I only had a few minutes to spend here but was glad I stopped. Short walk from the craziness of SoBe and right next to botanical gardens

Los Angeles, California
11 attraction reviews
“A must see when in Miami Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My girlfriend and I stopped by here while riding a scooter for the day. The great big hand with the people statues are amazing! As you read through the history of the Holocaust it gets a bit sad but it is very imformative. The millions of names on the wall from old pictures really fascinated us. It's not a long tour of the memorial at all. It took us about 30 minutes to walk around and read some of the artifacts. This is a must see if you are in SoBe!