“Not bad really for what it is” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Clay Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Clay Hotel to your Saves list
The Clay Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1438 Washington Avenue, South Beach, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Weekday Promo !
Ranked #110 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
London, United Kingdom
“Not bad really for what it is”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We stayed here for 3 days. Room was nice, clean and modern. There was a fridge and microwave which was helpful.

The fridge in the room made noise at night but with my earplugs, luckily it didn't bother me. The bed was fun but the pillows were hard and lumpy, so I didn't always sleep well.

This hotel is well located, right on a busy strip. We asked for a quiet room after reading reviews on here and we're glad we did, as parties really don't stop.

Miami is a very cool place. I recommend doing the Everglades, boat and city tour for $70 - great day out and one gets to see the other side of Miami.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Every time I go Miami I stay here. Very reasonably priced and great location, only a couple of blocks from the beach. It's on española way, which has great restaurants. I always find the staff to be friendly and it's always great to be recognised and welcomed back when I return.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

i stayed at the clay hotel in march the rooms were tiny and dingey even after being renovated hardly any room to walk, we also got charged with out being told £60 after we left? Be aware! the room hardly ever got cleaned too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I'm glad I read the reviews prior to booking this hotel otherwise my daughter & I would have been wandering around South Beach at 6:00 in the morning. My daughter & I like flying into Miami a day or so before we go on our cruises so I chose the Clay Hotel. We took a "red-eye" and our flight arrangements kept changing and so I called the Clay Hotel to see if we could get an early check-in. I was told that a special notation would be made. We arrived at the Clay Hotel at 6:00 a.m. on a Friday morning. So when I check in, the manager (I assume) told me that there were no rooms available. I told him that I had called and let them know that our flight would be arriving earlier than anticipated. The manager did tell me that there was a place where we could leave our bags but that they were not responsible for any loss. I was ticked off. I told him that nothing was open and that we were not going to walk around at that time of the morning because it was dark and we were women. So finally he looks through his listing and tells us that there is a room available. I handled this situation with class and tact but I wanted to slap the hell outta him!!! His assistant was actually very nice...he brought all of our luggage up 3 flights of stairs (there is no elevator in the hotel). Our room was clean, quiet & close to everything. Even with the problems, I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ClayHotel, Manager at The Clay Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for your feedback.

We are so upset to hear on your experience at our hotel.

Our check in time is indeed at 3:00PM and early check ins are subject to availability and may incurr fees. However this does not excuse any lack of customer serivce you may have received during your arrival.

Occurence will be further investigated by management to ensure that it does not repeat itself. Employee whom you spoke with was certainly not a member of management , we do apologize for inconvenience.

We hope to have a another opportunity to accomodate your stay in the future.

Please feel free to contact us regarding this matter , you may email us to info@clayhotel.com
Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

This lovely little hotel is in the heart for Miami South Beach on Espanola Way.
Rooms have been renovated to a high standard, although they are a little small but ideal for a short stay.
Reception Staff were great, friendly and helpful.
The hotel has valet parking for $19 a day which isn’t too bad as it’s difficult parking in Miami beach.
Espanola way is closed off in the evening and the restaurants and bars come to life. The main street on Miami south beach is Ocean Drive which is only 2 blocks away where the art deco district is and is full of life in the evenings with vibrant restaurants, bars and clubs.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Older building partly renovated and undergoing further renovation.

Our room had been recently renovated including the bathroom. The room was compact but adequate. The bathroom was small but worked with the exception of no soap holder in the shower and no real vanity to put things on. We really enjoyed the lovely king bed, the air-conditioning, the free in-room WiFi, the large in-room safe (I could fit my HP Note Book in it). If, like us you prefer ceiling fans, it was quiet but only had one speed, high. Shower water pressure was quite reasonable.

We stayed on the Clay Villa's. An interesting set up with buildings down the street with separate entrances. Very "Spanish" by original design.

The Clay Hotel is conveniently located on the corner of Washington Road and Espanola Way, the later with maybe 7 or so restaurant on a tree lined festive street. The main shopping mall along Lincoln Road in about 3 blocks away, an easy walk. South Beach is just a few blocks away. Our room despite fronting Espanola Way, was beyond the restaurants and very quiet.

Service was good and very helpful.

Everything was great except for an adjoining room shower which was very load, so much so that it woke us at 1am.

Room Tip: We were very happy with our room which was renovated in the building known as Clay Villa's