“You pay for what you get” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Clay Hotel

You added The Clay Hotel to your Saves list
The Clay Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1438 Washington Avenue, South Beach, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #109 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Curitiba
“You pay for what you get”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

The hotel was really well located, the room was clean and the AC was also ok.

The hotel is simple, so do not expect a lot of luxury, because you must always remember that the price is very very cheap for the average price charged around this area.

I reccomend and I also indicate the brekfast next door. The italian delicatessen.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms that do not face the Espanola Way and if possible, roms with windows to the garden...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Brampton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed 2 nights before cruise. Central to all activities in SOBE. Smack on HOP ON / OFF tour bus route. Arrived at 12:30 and asked to store our luggage till 3;30 check in. But AXEL said our room was ready.Stayed in second building , maintenance man took my wife's suitcase and ran up 3 flight of stairs. When I attempted to offer a tip, he smiled and shook his head-no. I did'nt get his name . But again Gracias Amigo. Wanted to try simple local food for lunch AXEL suggested "PUERTO SAGUA" .A must go to place-Cuban. Stayed Jan. 24 & 25.
FOR US CLAY IS A GREAT BUDGET HOTEL. WILL COME AGAIN FOR SURE.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ClayHotel, Manager at The Clay Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you very much for your positive feedback.

We are very grateful for your compliments to our staff members who were able to make a difference during your visit to Miami Beach.

Please come visit us again.
Miami Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

The Clay is perfectly located at 5 min walk from the beach and stores. Public transport is easy as the busstop is just outside the door. It's a basic hotel but very clean and the staff is very helpful. We would really recommend this hotel. And also good to know is that this hotel is gay friendly so my partner and I felt very welcome.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for your feedback.

We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location so convenient.

We have accomplished our most important goal, to make you feel as comfortable as possible during your vacation.

Please visit us again sometime.
Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Area is wnderful on espanola way with street side cafes and music. But sleeping is impossible before 3am and the workman start work with sanders and hammers around 8. Also dont come with more than a carry on bag because you will be carrying them down the street to the next block and up flights of stairs to the smallest room you'll probably ever stay in. Nightlife is great, everything else, not.

• Stayed February 2014
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night before a cruise. Like previous reviews I was very surprised I had to drag my suitcase up 3 flights of stairs after walking down the street. I tried to ask the front desk if there was anyone available to help and I was soundly ignored. I finally reached my room after walking down a smelly and damp hallway filled with construction materials. The room was also musty. The AC wasn't on. I was confused. It was a very small room with a decent bathroom. Now the bad part is that during my 1 hour in the room, the lights constantly flickered and finally went out. They came on a few minutes later but I was beyond fed up at this point. I stuck it out since I was only going to be there another 8 hours but I will NEVER stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback.

Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience which may have occurred during your stay at The Clay Hotel.

Due to the historical preservation of our building, we unfortunately do not have elevators at this time, which we understand may be an inconvenience.

We will further investigate other issues mentioned to ensure they are corrected immediately.

Your feedback is very valuable and will assist us in improving your stay and others in the future.
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed here for one night and would highly recommend this hotel. Loved the location and the room was clean and quiet. Fantastic service at the front desk and even has valet parking.Great cafe next door to grab breakfast on the go.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for your feedback.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Please come visit us again.

Been to The Clay Hotel? Share your experiences!