“Ok, but expensive” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fifi's Place Restaurant

Fifi's Place Restaurant
6934 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33141-3206 (North Shores)
305-865-5665
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fifi's Place Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #177 of 838 restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish, Tapas
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Shores
Cross street: Collins
Description: Fresh seafood Latin Fusion style in Miami Beach. I'm Nelson, a Cuban-American bred in New York and Miami, and I work the front of the house. My wife, Mayneth, from Venezuela, leads the cooking crew in our kitchen; she is better known as Fifi. Please be our guests for the freshest fish in Miami Beach. Dress casual and be prepared for a mouth watering treat.
NYC
“Ok, but expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Food was good, fresh fish is exceptional. This restaurant has many excellent appetizers and less entree choices. The appetizers are very good, but they are small and very expensive ($19.00 for a small sushi roll). At these prices there are better choices in Miami

Visited January 2013

78% Recommend
“Ok food, bad service and definitely on the expensive side!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I LOVE seafood, I could literally eat it in bucketloads every day so when I went to Miami beach, seafood for lunch was the only thing on my mind. I did a bit of research beforehand into both quality and prices so Fifi's seemed like an obvious good choice at a time. I must admit, I left disappointed: service is definitely not with a smile! Waitress serving us was far from attentive and charismatic, twice forgot about our follow up drinks and did not seem that bothered when one if our mains has turned up 10 mins after all others. More importantly, although the seafood is decent, it is definitely far from being affordable. I would say it is definitely on an expensive side especially as portions are small! In fact having had a starter and main course each, every one of our 5 people party went for a massive cake in an Argentinian bakery down the road which was amazing! So my verdict is - next time I am in Miami, I would stay away from Fifis!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“The best kept secret in Miami Beach....?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Ok. Go as soon as possible. I lived on Miami beach 3 years ago and we still fly to Miami to eat there....and to play. First. Fresh, fresh seafood. The appetizers are incredible. NOTE! The shrimp tempura, no kidding, is incredible! Share this one for sure. Tuna miso also very good. I always have the hog snapper grilled with extra seasoning. This place is small but elegant. Not a glam place where you get raped on everything. This is well decorated but it's main focus is the seafood. Service is good and attentive not a Capital Grille or The Palm type. We (2) just were there and had a great meal with a bottle of wine for 150$ w tip! It resides in what is referred to as north beach off collins ave. I've been to them all, Joe's etc.. but FiFI's is a treat for any occasion. We'll be back sooner than later...Enjoy

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“Fifis I miss you !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We came across fife by chance and we were hooked. We ended up easting here 3 out of the 5 nights we were in Miami. The paella we had here was better then what we had in our 2 weeks in Spain. The baked fish was really good. Some of the other things that we tried and really liked were the stone crabs, shrimps and scallops. They ended it with a free dessert which was a nice touch. Even now we sit and talk about fifi when ever we are eating seafood anywhere since there is no comparison.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stamford, Connecticut
“Mouthwatering!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have eaten at Fifi's several times. It's always fresh, exciting food. Most recently my husband and I had the Jumbo stone crabs which were perfect, not mushy or tough, as a main course. Try a bottle of Rose with them. Perfect compliment. But, you can get them as an appetizer as well. I've also enjoyed the whole fried hog snapper, which, is killer. As for the appetizers, I could eat one of every one of them and forgo the main course, they are all so succulent! We shared the shrimp tempura, which, are a perfect crispy explosion in your mouth. Also, the thai miso tuna is to die for. Ceviche combo is another winner. The only bad part about the meal was when it was over. But, there is always next time.

• Visited January 2013