“Not very good” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Fifi's Place Restaurant

Fifi's Place Restaurant
6934 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33141-3206 (North Shores)
305-865-5665
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fifi's Place Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #137 of 832 restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish, Tapas
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Shores
Cross street: Collins
Description: Fresh seafood Latin Fusion style in Miami Beach. I'm Nelson, a Cuban-American bred in New York and Miami, and I work the front of the house. My wife, Mayneth, from Venezuela, leads the cooking crew in our kitchen; she is better known as Fifi. Please be our guests for the freshest fish in Miami Beach. Dress casual and be prepared for a mouth watering treat.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Not very good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The food was ok. Not great for the price.

Unfortunately, my girlfriend doesn't like to see the fish head or have bones in her fish. We specified this to the server. They brought the whole fish. The server insisted we requested this way. My girl friend specifically said no bone and I said a filet.

My girlfriend did try to eat it and the server did come over to ask if it was ok. She said she would give it a try but it was filled with bones which she doesn't like. When the server came over again, she did ask again. My girlfriend did say she would like to have it replaced. I had finished my meal before hers arrived so I had to sit and watch her eat her food and vice versa she had to sit there and watch me eat mine.

While the food was decent...decent not great. We weren't happy about the length of time it took to get everything right as it set us behind for going out. In addition, it didn't sit well with me that not only was no discount offered for the mistake which is not great really but on top of that they had the nerve to add an 18% gratuity on top of the bill for two people. I paid the bill as it was as it is not about the money but the principle.

We went to a really great restaurant in Deerfield Beach called Oceans 234. Got a much better tasting meal, better service and a bottle of wine and an appetizer (only got mains and one glass of wine at Fifi's) for the same price and in addition got a brilliant beach view. A long drive but well worth it.

Go there not here.

Visited December 2012

80% Recommend
Pensacola, Florida
“Excellent seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Fifi's was recommended to us as one of the best fish restaurants in Miami, we were not disappointed. We had the hog snapper and it was great. The presentation was special too, the carcass of the fish was fried and was the centerpiece of the serving dish, they have photos of it on their website.

Visited October 2012
“Out of the from south beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Neighborhood place with excellent food. Had the grilled whole snapper. Excellent. Appetizers were phenomenal. A liitle bit of a taxi ride but well worth it. Getting a taxi back can be an issue, but the resturant can one for you

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
“Best fresh Seafood in Miami Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I am a concierge at a very well known resort in Miami Beach and I send all my guest to Fifi's Place confident that they will get only the freshest fish. I live in the area as well and have been going there from the start. Try the shrimp tempura, the sea bass is incredible and the paella is to die for. Latin flavor with an asian flare, fifis place will be the only spot of off the beaten path dinning exellence.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phila Metro Area
“amazing seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

the classic seafood parillada was amazing! everything we had was fresh, flavorful and well prepared.

Visited September 2012