“Other diners seemed to enjoy place more than we did” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fifi's Place Restaurant

Fifi's Place Restaurant
6934 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33141-3206 (North Shores)
305-865-5665
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fifi's Place Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #141 of 829 restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish, Tapas
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Shores
Cross street: Collins
Description: Fresh seafood Latin Fusion style in Miami Beach. I'm Nelson, a Cuban-American bred in New York and Miami, and I work the front of the house. My wife, Mayneth, from Venezuela, leads the cooking crew in our kitchen; she is better known as Fifi. Please be our guests for the freshest fish in Miami Beach. Dress casual and be prepared for a mouth watering treat.
Newnan, Georgia
“Other diners seemed to enjoy place more than we did”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

We weren't sure of our plans on a Saturday night in Miami beach and somewhat at the last minute was looking for a place to go - we ended up going to Fifi's somewhat based on concierge recommendation even though reviews were mixed -

Seafood and fresh fish oriented menu - we had a grilled calamari to start along with the hog snapper ponzu appetizer - I liked both but my wife liked neither and the grilled calamari needed some interesting sauce.

For my entree I had the Miso cod - flavor was fine but I didn't think fish was cooked quite enough - my wife had a florida lobster and shrimp dish with spicy Marinara sauce - it ws just ok

So overall we didn't find the food very good, the waitress was pleasant and worked hard - likewise perhaps we just didn't order correctly since other diners seemed to be enjoying their food quite a bit -

One other note - just a wine and beer license - no hard stuff

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
Esbjerg, Denmark
“Lovely food and place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Very tasty food, Well prepared and nicely presented Suprisingly reasonable prices for such quality dishes. Very friendly waitress.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miramar, Florida
“This neighborhood gem is a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had a wonderful meal and will be back! The Paella was outstanding. My wife had the sea bass and that too was most delicious. The Shrimp Tempura (appetizer) was also great. We found this place on Miami Spice, and what a find!
We enjoy eating out and this is one of our spots now!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami Beach, Florida
“The Spice menu is worth every penny and then some”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I had been to Fifi's before and had truly enjoyed myself - the problem is the prices are a bit expensive - true it's fresh seafood and everything else on the menu is delish - the sizes are adequate and the wait staff pleasant; it just seemed like I was always paying a little more than I wanted - such an irony that to obtain good quality seafood in Miami Beach us locals have to pay so much.

That tirade being said - I wanted to try their Spice menu offered in August and September at reduced rates. First - unlike many Spice participants - their menu offers quite a number of selections for the robust yet low income end of a Spice experience; and by golly - was it sumptuous and good. No complaints - only raves - the food was served timely, artistically, fresh and in abundance and there was even an extra side salad that was just as delicious as could be. FIfi's - I think I'm coming back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fresh fish any way you want it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I picked my own freshly caught and cleaned grouper from a cooler they had in the restaurant. Delicious!

Visited July 2012