“Nice opportunity to stay cheap and practical in SoBe” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Playa de Oro

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Miami Beach
Playa de Oro
751 Meridian Avenue., Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
London, United Kingdom
“Nice opportunity to stay cheap and practical in SoBe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The apartment building is located in an area that will allow you to reach the beach quite easily on foot. As for the rest I wouldn't agree that you can walk anywhere, especially during hot season. Nevertheless, we rented a bike for 20$ a day and the manager let us put them inside, so it was the ideal situation. We had apartment 9, not a big a fan of the air conditioning there (which was a bit smelly) but the beds were comfortable, the kitchen was essential but had it all + a big fridge. The bathroom was nice and with a big shower. We found towels in the apartment and some water/snacks.The street is very peaceful, so you can sleep comfortably at night. . To be honest I wouldn't go as far as defining it excellent and I was quite surprised it was at the top of the list in South Beach at the time I booked. It's good, no doubt about it, but it's not luxury or possibly the best option in South Beach. Having said that, the price was extremely reasonable for the service we received. The manager Andrea was very helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I booked this place (Apt #1) in July 2012 for 5 days and it was amazing! Our place was spotless, everything was provided from beach towels, shower towels, pots/pans, utinsels, plates, cups, parking,etc. It is just a few blocks away from Collins Ave, Ocean Ave, Washington Ave, the beach, dining and the nightlife. All walking distance and the main streets make it very easy to catch a cab where ever you need to go. I will definitely book here whenever I am in South Beach. Stay here and you will be completley satisfied!! Thank you Andrea!!! :-)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Jessheim, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Stayed at Playa de Oro for 1 month in feb/march!!! Great place, great staff...thank you Andrea :))

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Malaga, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Just returned from our stay at 751 Meridian and i must say that it is a perfect place to stay in Miami. Location was perfect, apartment was extremely clean, brand new kitchen and bathroom and parking was also included( Apartments' photos are 100% real). I will come back for sure. Thanks Andrea for all her help.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

A relative recommended this apartment hotel in South Beach at the corner of Meridian and 8th st. We stayed 6 nights mid january in suite #1 in the ground floor. Everything was as expected or even better. The great thing is that you get a FREE parking space assigned to your suite or room. A must in parking restricted South Beach, even if Lincoln street, its cafés, restaurants and shops are only 8 streets away.
The kitchen is up to date with the best equipment and the shower room offers you all the linen you may need during your stay. There is plenty of room as our suite area is of more than 600 sqft (60 sqm if you are metric).
A place we strongly recommend in the hearth of sunny Miami. We plan already to reserve here again next winter

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Playa de Oro! It is in the heart of south beach and easy to walk to many fantastic restaurants, as well as the beach. I stayed for 4 weeks, so it was important for me to feel completely at home and comfortable, which is easy to do because the studio is well equipped with a full kitchenette including stove, microwave, refrigerator, cookware, plates/utensils, etc. as well as large closet with iron/iron board. The weekly cleaning service was immaculate and definitely added to my comfort. I am also a young, single, female so it was important that I felt safe. The property is gated and kept secure with keys and codes that only the residents and staff know. My studio was also double locked on the second floor, which added to the feeling of safety. All in all, I would highly recommend staying at Playa de Oro.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

I was a little skeptical about everyting at first becuase me nor my husband had ever been to Miami. All the reviews I read about hotel accomendations weren't that good even at hotels that are suppose to be good quality hotels. But our first impression when we walked into our studio apartment was very good. The linens and towels were freshly washed. The room was very clean and our 5 day stay was comfortable and affordable. Andrea and her staff was very professional and courteous. Thank you we had an awesome time!! Everything was in walking distance we did not rent a car.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Playa de Oro? Share your experiences!