“One of the most enjoyable meals we've had” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dutch, Asian, Indonesian
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Sarasota
“One of the most enjoyable meals we've had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here, prompted by the Tripavisor reviews and the fact that we had never before had Indonesian food. It was a wonderful experience. I don't have much to add to the other reviews. The food here is very good, but the combination of the food and the delightful ambience created by the owners makes dining here a very special occasion. Be sure to try the rijstafel (did I spell that right?) offerings. They give you an opportunity to try many different dishes, all of them very good. We found none of the dishes to be overly spicy, so don't worry. Prices are quite reasonable.

Visited November 2013

Reston, Virginia
“Just what we needed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We like locally owned, small, interesting restaraunts and Indomania was pure delight. The atmosphere is cozy and attractive. The Indonesian food was creative, delicious and served with a lot of style by the terrific waiter. A friendly Dutchman named Pieter owns it with his chef wife, and he stopped to visit with each table, and even went out in the rain to hail us a cab.

Visited October 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Spectacular meal, you have to try it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

The owner welcomed us into the restaurant and seated us in a great spot by the window. The food was excellent, our waiter Teju was great, couldn't have been more enjoyable!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami Beach, Florida
“Heavenly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

As a Miami Beach local I see and hear about many many restaurants, additionally I am a concierge at a local hotel and my rule is never send a client to a place I have never been or would never go. I had initially heard about this place from a few friends so decided to try it for myself, oh how much I have been missing. The food here is absolutely AMAZING, everything is cooked to perfection and the flavors are forever embedded in you taste buds. I have been sending my guests here and ordering a to go meal regularly (which they do not normally do) ever since. On Valentines Day I recommended this place to a co-worker who was raised around Indonesian cuisine he came back raving about the food and ambience. I myself on a recent visit took my girlfriend who lives out of town here and she has not stopped talking about how much she enjoyed the place. The place is owned and run by a Dutch couple Husband manages and runs the floor while Wife is the main chef, together they have created a gem, this is a MUST VISIT if you are in Miami. Make sure to try the tasting meals which provide you with a large variety of small portions of different samples off the menu.. Definitely worth it!!!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
miami beach
“Mind blowing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I had no expectations about Indomania. Read good reviews, heard one indifferent one. I wasn't even hungry when I went there.

The owner recommended we tried two samplers for our table of 4. The food was spectacular! I still dream of the yellow rice. Who would've thought rice could be so delicious? .The salmon wrapped in a banana leaf was delicious, and I don't even like salmon! That's how good this place is! The sweet beef was to die for. Next time I go there, I'll have this for an entrée.

The place is small but very cozy. I suggest you make reservations. The restaurant is closed Sundays and Mondays. Another suggestion is to go by cab because street parking is very limited. Perhaps there's a nearby parking garage. I don't now.

I will definitely recommend this place to friends and family.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere