“Ties as one of my two favorite meals in Miami Beach.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Indianapolis, IN
“Ties as one of my two favorite meals in Miami Beach.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

AMAZING! The cuisine at this restaurant is so inventive and different than anything we've tried before. My partner and I shared a Rijsttafel, a variety of tiny dishes around one of four themes. We chose the "Ocean." I'm not even sure how to describe it because it was so different, but I'll try to include a few details...The sheer number of vegetables offered in a variety of preparations was refreshing. The sauces complemented the food perfectly. It was just so obvious that each creation in each tiny dish was thoughtfully prepared. The staff was also incredibly thoughtful and attentive, and both the chef/owner and an owner/manager came to ask us about our meal.

Visited May 2013

“Titillates the taste buds!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Amazing food. We ordered 2 different family style meals, ocean and a beef/ chicken. Such a variety to try. Dish after dish was a culinary delight. If you are in Miami this is a must. Make reservations in advance seating is limited.

Orlando, Florida
“Excellent IndoDutch food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I like Indonesian foods. Grew up with it (mom and family would cook it off and on), have it at home sometimes, and occasionally at a restaurant. Due to the location I expected touristy food, but I was pleasantly surprised. Every dish we ordered was very tasty. For Indonesian food it was bland (minimally spicy), but we were provided with some hot pepper so we could spice it up to desired level. Service was friendly and fairly efficient, and the food arrived within reasonable time. The latter sometimes being a problem with Indonesian food. A little pricey, but the restaurant is located in the high rent area, and certainly not unreasonable. The place is relatively small and fills quick. Reservations are not a bad idea.

Visited April 2013
Seattle, WA
“Absolutely amazing IndoDutch meal and service in South Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I booked my reservation for Indomania based on a number of Tripadvisor reviews and cannot say enough about this restaurant. How I managed to miss that the specialty of the house is the Indonesian Rijstafel (ricetable) when I read the reviews and made the reservation is beyond me. One of my favorite experiences eating out in Amsterdam is the rijstafel (a smorgasboard of small Indonesian plates) and I've never found one outside of Holland.
We arrived for our reservation and were promptly seated by Peter, the owner, a charming Dutchman. The food was simply outstanding, spiced from mild to very hot and all delicious. The rijstafel is prepared for two, and comes in two "sizes". You can also order a vegetarian or seafood version. Go with the Sumatra - the largest featuring beef and chicken, as well as some vegetarian sides, salads and pickles). The service throughout the meal was warm and attentive and the small space brimmed with boisterous diners and chatter. We were celebrating our anniversary and Peter even brought us two glasses of champagne to go with our desserts. By the way, don't miss dessert. The cinnamon layer cake and pandan pancake (looks like a dessert fresh roll stuffed with coconut flakes) were fantastic and very unique. Both (in fact, all) desserts come served with homemade coconut ice cream. This was our best meal of a 10 day vacation (heavily food focused) and truly a wonderful experience all the way around. There's a reason every table was reserved... And as a testament to his service/customer focus, Peter managed to make the several walk in guests without reservations feel welcomed and "made it work" so they would not leave disappointed. Well done!

Chicago
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I brought a mixed crew of Italians and Americans here. we had a great dinner by mixing a couple of the rijstaffels. A person who does not love fish was bowled over by the fish dishes and the egg curry was very popular. The children in our group loved the sweet beef. The owner was very welcoming and, later in the evening, his wife, who is the chef also came by.