“Delicious meal and ambiance...” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Essensia Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 909 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Organic
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 30th Street
Description: Essensia Restaurant follows a farm-to-table philosophy, offering a seasonal selection of wholesome global cuisine with emphasis on premium local and sustainable ingredients. Working with local farmers and carefully selected purveyors, Essensia’s menu features healthful and flavorful dishes made with produce, meats and seafood primarily sourced from within the State of Florida. Essensia’s exclusive wine list is committed to being sustainable, organic or biodynamic and has been selected for sharing Essensia’s mission to be good for you and the environment. Essensia is open 7 days per week for breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. Essensia offers discounted valet parking rates for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner.
Chicago, Illinois
“Delicious meal and ambiance...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

I was very happy with the old southern ambiance at Essensia, in the Palms Hotel. The food was standard American fare, but with a nice upscale twist. We had wonderful Italian wine, which was a great compliment to the meal.

I ate the Chicken, while my friends ate the Cod. Everyone enjoyed our leisurely meal.

Visited February 2012

Saint-Bruno de Montarville
“Great Cocktail Hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

I stayed in this hotel before it was `The Palms`- This hotel is so good looking and the cocktail hour on thursday night is fantastic.....Immagine you have 50% reduction on a nice glass of champagne and in such a nice atmosphere....even the duo that were playing music...they were fantastic. If I would live in Miami I will for sure be there every thursday night. They even offer you free snacks with the cocktail.....WOW !!!!!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Covington, Kentucky
“Great food, business and relaxed atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Relaxed yet formal atmosphere for a business lunch or dinner.

Visited March 2012
Maureen Phillips
“Beautiful setting food is a bit fussy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We had dinner here on a cold Miami night and the place is just beautiful. They had the tower heaters going so we could eat outside on the deck. The lighting, the decor the setting- is perfect. Our waitress was incredible and gave us a hand with the menu, which is from a brand new chef. We needed the help. The food is very fresh and interesting but it was a bit too fussy for us. We were there with two friends and they agreed. We all liked something on our plates but each dish had some component that was just one thing too many. I had the cod which was coated in panko breadcrumbs and served with some kind of a mustard/coconut sauce. It came with "forbidden rice" which had some chocolate base too it. My husband had the wahoo and it also was layered with ingredients. Our entree's were about $40.00 a piece so the food should be excellent. I would go again and try some other dishes. If you like more exotic ingredients, this place if for you.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC area
“Some creative food, but probably not worth cost”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

My husband and I ate at Essensia after a couple's massage at the hotel spa. We appreciated the creative dishes (especially the lobster BLT), but thought they were somewhat overpriced.

The service lacked a bit. Although the waiter was nice, he did not take my order down correctly and also dropped a glass that shattered next to the table. My husband was finished eating before my corrected order came out, and despite saying he would have the glass cleaned up, no one did so before we finished our food and left.

• Visited January 2012