“Interesting for a one-time trip” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bass Museum of Art

Bass Museum of Art
2121 Park Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)
305-673-7530

Type: Art Museums
Attraction Details
Raleigh, North Carolina
110 attraction reviews
“Interesting for a one-time trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I frequent art museums, so perhaps my view isn't unbiased. That being said, the Bass Museum is small, intimate, and a bit underwhelming. Their special exhibitions might make up for their permanent collection, although I wasn't completely pleased with the show I saw on a recent trip. The most interesting part, sadly, was the building itself-- strange yet compelling architecture. I'm not sure I would venture a return visit, but I would suggest it for a one-time trip.

Visited December 2012

Miami, Florida
14 attraction reviews
“Very worthwhile experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is a very good museum, a hidden gem in some ways. They have interesting exhibits all the time. Look into it if you are on the Beach.

New York
14 attraction reviews
“A fine small collection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This small museum, centrally located in Miami Beach is a local gem. The exhibitions are inventive, well curated and I like how they represent a mix of art styles and emphasize artistic contributions from the Hispanic community. They also host a variety of musical performances which I believe are free with museum admission. A worthwhile cultural experience and an excellent break from the beach.

Visited January 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
“Unnatural exhibition”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I had the pleasure of visiting the Bass Museum exhibition 2 weeks ago for the Unnatural exhibition and was quite impressed with the curator's choices. Do not miss the watermelons in the Dead Sea and the Wall of flowers - two among many unique offerings. I am excited to see what is next.

Visited October 2012
27 attraction reviews
“Meh...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Not my favorite Art Museum in the area. I've been to several especially during Art Basel for the past couple of years. They do have great guest exhibitions, but I have not been impressed by their ongoing works. It is a rather small art museum so I would hope that the exhibitions would be more astounding, but I found myself wandering through each room rather quickly. Plus the layout of the building is rather confusing. I often found myself wandering back into the same room or realizing I missed another corner of the exhibit. It is an average art museum, but when there are so many other locations in Miami, this is not the one I would recommend.

Visited October 2011