It was hard to decide which Miami hotel to pick, but we decided on the Lorraine Hotel because of the price and the location. My husband had already stayed here once, and he "warned me" somehow. Luckily, the hotel is "OK" and I was very satisfied.
We stayed one first day here, then went to other places in Florida and got back for four more nights. The first stay we had a room in the second floor overlooking a dumpster, which was not very nice, so we requested to have it changed for a room with a balcony for our second part of the trip. We didn't get the balcony (they said it had a different rate) but they gave us a room in the third floor overlooking Collins Ave, which was great! (You could not open the windows though, but it was fine).
We liked this hotel and honestly, if we went back to Miami Beach, I would consider staying here again. Yes, there are some "warnings" indeed (and although I state them as "warnings" for the travellers who may read this to be prepared and to have a full picture to decide, I also think it is an important opportunity for improvement for the hotel).
- Right next to the Miami Beach
- Nice, big, clean rooms
- Complimentary Mineral Water on the day of arrival
- Great wifi reception in the room, Lobby and even in the Elevator!
- Daily housekeeping
- Hotel provides beach towels
- Parking: few spots on the hotel street (26th street) or you can go to the parking lot that is one block away. On both cases you have a parking meter that costs 1 USD per hour (there is a three hour limit, but you can add time)
- Breakfast is nice and filling (waffles, fruits, yoghurts, sorts of breads)
- Right below the hotel is a general grocery/deli store and a restaurant. One block away you can find a supermarket, a Subway store, other delis, etc.
- Hotel is 30 minutes aways walking from South Beach or there is a Metro Bus stop close by.
- Nice service and friendly, super helpful staff.
- They allowed us to stay an extra hour when checking out. That was super helpful to enjoy a while at the beach, bathe and then leave!
- Rooms need maintenance and a little "color": they seem hospital rooms. Paint is ok, but there are some patches made and it shows different colors; A/C was set too cold and it was not possible to set the temperature from inside the room (my husband ended up strapping a shoe box to the vent!).
- Walls seem paper-made: you can hear the people in the rooms next to yours loud and clear (as if they were with you). Some acoustic isolation could make it work.
- Floors are creaky in the outer corridors. The wood gives an interesting look though... and in the rooms they sound too loud when you step (or the neighbours on the sides and over).
- Beds are twin size, so don't expect much space if you are sharing it. Linens and pillows are alright.
- Bathrooms definitely need updating. In the second stay, there was a fixed hole in the bathroom door (and you could still see the punch in the door).
I would recommend this hotel to other travellers, and I would even return, but have in mind that is not a 5 star hotel -but they try hard to provide a good service-. :)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Lorraine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lorraine Hotel Miami Beach
- Lorraine Miami Beach