“This place is a joke” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lorraine Hotel

Save Saved
You added Lorraine Hotel to your Saves list
Lorraine Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2601 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140-4798 (Oceanfront)   |
Ranked #174 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
“This place is a joke”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed October 3rd and 4th. They put us in a room on the second floor with a window that looked down on the dumpster and a wall. Parking is a joke. There is no parking lot and if you happen to find a place to park, do not leave or it'll be after 11:15 PM before you can find a spot in the free parking that is located across the street and a block away. It states it's oceanside, but it fails to mention the apartments that is oceanfront.
You cannot control the temperature of the room, unless you count the ceiling fan that doesn't cool down anything.
The only good thing about this place was the price, but it's more of a hassle than a blessing.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It depends on who you are, as a student you would find this place is great for a spring break and you paid only under 50$ per night last summer. The beach is close by and a fast food restaurant is near the corner.
As a thrifty traveler, staying for a night to board a cruise ship it might be OK too.

Otherwise, you would find the place dated and yucky everywhere except the reception. All the fixtures in bathroom and bed are broken here and there, the bath tub is painted over and rusts leaked from under. The floor even though not carpeted was still black after the maid finished mopping. It reminds me of my student life renting from a cheap landlord. There are also occasional music from the electric generator of the nearby condos to entertain you if you are in one of the lucky room
There are no "$$ and good" restaurant around so I settled for ordering deliveries from Lincoln's.
Breakfast is minimal, with occasional banana and small croissants that disappeared as soon as it is restocked (not many times).
You have to pay 32$ for taxi to the cruise terminal and around the same to the airport.
You are also entitled to one time shuttle from/to the airport that also picks up other clients around Collins. I came in the afternoon around 1PM and have to wait to 4:30 for a shuttle.

Nothing exciting on this part of Collins avenue, people will look at you as if you are potential victim if you walked late in the afternoon, better take the boardwalk but not at night.

If you pay cash expect to have half the total as deposit.

I gave 2 stars only because it is near the beach.

Room Tip: Only a handful corner rooms on 2nd and 3rd floor has a small view of the ocean. But on that ocean s...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Out of the many hotels situated in Miami, it was a difficult task to finalize one. But after a search for a few couple of days, I am happy that we selected this hotel. The prime reasons for the selection was the cost and the location. We loved this hotel in every aspect. They even provided us a free upgrade to a room with beach facing balcony (they have very few of these type of rooms), which made the stay even more wonderful. Obviously I would not say it is a perfect hotel, but considering the price that we paid for, I am really more than satisfied with this hotel.

Pros:
- Right next to the Miami Beach (very clean and calm beach)
-Nice, big, clean rooms
-Daily housekeeping
-Hotel provides you beach towels and beach chairs!!!!! :)
-Next to the Metro Bus stop. This bus takes you anywhere in Miami at very basic cost
-Nice service
-Breakfast is nice and filling
-Right below the hotel is a general grocery/deli store

Cons
-The Wifi is weak. It kept on disconnecting in the room.
-Not a con as such, but they are very strict to the checkout times. A night earlier we were told that we could do a late checkout at some additional cost. But the next morning they said it was not possible as all rooms were full. So we had to change our plans at last minute. They have a storage room where they will accommodate your luggage.

I would surely recommend this hotel to fellow travelers who are looking for a pleasant stay in Miami.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My stay here was normal , the hotel have all you need! No luxury! But A confortable bed, a/c , hot water, cable tv, in front of the beach and close to resaturants, boutiques, night life!. With a very friendly staff and very clean rooms. Is a good option for a short stay (3 days) in Miami like me.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
lorrainebeach, Guest Relations Manager at Lorraine Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Warm regards from our staff to you!
Port of Spain, Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I went to this Hotel some many years ago and was much better. The Hotel is old, but mostly clean. Although the cleaning service seems to be very fast and basic. Breakfast is very basic too, so you better go to have breakfast somewhere else. The staff was nice. The location is good, and its probably the relation between price and location which keeps this Hotel working. If you are willing to sacrifice location you can have a much better Hotel for a few more dollars. If you want to be most of the time outside, it might be an option.

Room Tip: They have some rooms that have a little balcony that might be nice.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thanks for your review. If you decide to return, make sure to get in touch with us. We will upgrade you to a room with a balcony at no extra charge :)
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Good location (beach). 20 minutes walk to Lincoln Road.
The Lorraine hotel is very basic. Very noisy rooms, old bathrooms. But all rooms rooms do have wifi, TV and a balcony. Breakfast was good. Bagels, toasts, fruit, yoghurt, milk, orange juice, coffee and tea.

Overall rating: 140 dollar a night (4p). Good enough, If you want more you have to pay more!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on 26th street and not on the Collins avenue. There is too much noise in the night bu...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
lorrainebeach, Guest Relations Manager at Lorraine Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thanks for your review! We are glad you enjoyed the balcony in your room, (which, by the way, is a feature that only our Deluxe rooms have) Being able to sit outside in the early morning and smell the salty air of the ocean from your room balcony is priceless!
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Believe me when I say stay away! I'm taking my time to write this review and help others have a better experience than I had. There were so many things that went wrong. When we got there the front desk person was rude and not helpful at all. There is an additional charge of 50$ (deposit) that was never mentioned before. The lobby was nice, but the elevator was small old and dirty it barely fit 3 people and two medium sized luggage bags. The rooms need a huge update! The only nice thing in the room was the flat screen TV. The room was a good size. The beds were old, squeaky and not comfortable at all as well as the pillows. The curtains in the room were ancient, they were soooo old and dirty, however the large window was nice. The bathroom was really, really dated. It had pink tile everywhere and an old sink. The tub was dirty and stained. I would wear flip flops when I showered. Cleanliness is not a priority in this hotel. The housekeeping ladies would not clean our room somedays and others they asked if we wanted them to clean. When they did clean, I don't know what else they did besides take out trash. Nothing was wiped down at least, they did not sweep (there was sand, tags, other small things that were still on the floor after they "cleaned", our floor was never mopped during our stay). Also, I had to ask for their broom twice to sweep myself and I had to clean the bathroom myself as well. Overall everything was nasty and dirty. The sheets, pillowcases, and towels all had yellow or black stains as well as hair on them that was on there before I even used them. In order for me to sleep in my bed I had to find a clean sheet, put it on top of the comforter and then lay a blanket that thankfully I had brought with me from home and sleep on that. For the pillowcases I had to put one of my clean t-shirts over it. There is a mini fridge in the room and the ice in ours for the freezer portion smelled really bad. There is also a small table with two cushioned chairs. The ones in our room were again dirty and sticky. I had to put towels over the cushion to be able to sit on them without feeling disgusted by them. All, but one of the front desk people were rude and acted like they were doing me a favor when I requested items or asked for directions. They did not make me feel comfortable at all! The a/c barely works. The room did not have their individual thermostat to control temperature. I complained about it after our first sleepless night due to the heat and they did not do anything about it. The breakfast is honestly a joke! They should not be able to advertise as a continental breakfast. I have been in plenty of other hotels and have a basis to compare to and they did not meet my minimal requirements. One day while I was helping my daughter with her cereal that they advertise as Kellog's Frosted flakes, but really is an off brand cereal, there was an old napkin stuck in the wheel that dispenses the cereal. Disgusting!!! Also if they run out of an item they don't replace it for like days. So the already small choices you have go down. Their breakfast consists of bagels, toast, cereal, apples, bananas, croissant, muffins, yogurt, coffee, and orange/apple juice. All these items are only available sometimes not all the times. The only good thing about this hotel is their proximity to the beach. This was the worst experience and had to stay there for 12 days unfortunately! I believe there should be minimal standards that should be met by a hotel especially regarding cleanliness and professional/friendly staff and this hotel did not meet any!!!! The shuttle they provide is only from the airport to the hotel for back to the airport you have to pay for it. You can hear everything coming from the hallways and other rooms.

Room Tip: stay away believe me
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
lorrainebeach, Guest Relations Manager at Lorraine Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
We are so sorry to hear you experienced such an unpleasant stay. If there's anything we can do for you now, please let us know. We are always willing to talk and to make it up to you.

Been to Lorraine Hotel? Share your experiences!