“Other then Location, thats all this place offers.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lorraine Hotel

Save Saved
You added Lorraine Hotel to your Saves list
Lorraine Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2601 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140-4798 (Oceanfront)   |
Ranked #180 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Other then Location, thats all this place offers.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

***Stay March 2012***

I stayed here for my spring break trip march 2012 after coming back from the Bahamas.
All I can say about this hotel is that it’s a serious turd. We show us to the hotel after our 4 day trip to the Bahamas, we get checked in and the room is a serious pit! There was Socks left under the bed and dresser in the room, there was pubic hair left in our bathtub/shower and the view from our room......Well there was no view just the building across from us. But the worst thing I think I saw was the hskp waiting outside the front door, they had an open 12pack of beer sitting with them, either they took it from a room that a guest checked out of....OR they had been drinking on the job the whole time.
My personal experience, I will never return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Trust me spend the money and stay somewhere nice.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

204 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Burdwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had stayed here for two nights. Room size was big, sea was visible from the window. Rooms were well decorated with LCD TV, Refrigerator & microwave.
Bathroom was also optimum for a routine traveler.
Buffet breakfast, though not great, was good.
The hotel location is very good. It is little away from the crowded area of the south beach, but easily accessible by bus or simple walk. The area is clean and peaceful.
Though the property is old one, still the maintenance is adequate.
Finally, got this hotel, a stone throw from the sea beach, in $84 per night which I think reasonably good.
Recommended for people who want a peaceful night sleep.

Room Tip: East side room are facing the sea
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
New york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Really bad experience.
The towels are very cheap,you can scratch your skin if not careful.No duvet covers, only the cheap duvet.The staff NOT eager to help NOT friendly NOT nice,it's like they almost ignore you or the worst,they have an attitude.I think they forgot that their paycheck comes from us.
Coffee it's just water.I asked early check in when i booked,and late check out.
I had no early check in and after 100 requests at the hotel,i had late check out.The shower head i had to fix it before i could use it .Make sure you bring with you a cup,a glass,knife,fork,spoon..you have none of this in the room.

• Stayed June 2014
lorrainebeach, Guest Relations Manager at Lorraine Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We sincerely apologize for these inconveniences. A stay with an early check-in and a late check-out is every guest dream. However, as much as we'd like to please everyone (especially those who request this when they reserve) these are not things we can guarantee. For someone to be able to check-in early, another person has to be willing to check-out on time because we normally are fully booked and have no rooms to spare. We hope you can understand. The rest of the things you mention, are topics we must address with our staff and definitely will. Best regards and thanks for your review.
Munich, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We spent 2 nights in this Hotel in April 2014 and I would not at all recommend this Hotel.
When arriving, the room was in a bad condition: There were hairs everywhere on the floor (cleaning staff?); the small window in the bathroom was broken, just ajarred and not fixed; the mattresses of the bed were really really dirty (big brown stains); the fridge in our room was completely iced; .... The second night, we used 2 contour sheets as a protection.
The breakfast was organized with minimal effort: bagels (flavorless), toast, butter, jam, cereals, milk, yoghurt (the only thing my boyfriend could eat), bad coffee,.... no ham, no cheese
The personal was not very helpful. When arriving, the cleaning staff (about 4 persons) was standing right in front of the hotel-entrance and smoking. When checking in, we had to wait 10 minutes because the 2 receptionists were having a talk. When asking for the best way to the harbor, we just received a very short answer.
The location of the hotel as such is good: a 2-minutes walk to the beach (clean), directly at Lincoln road, bus stop right in front of the hotel for a 10-minute ride to the Ocean drive, 50 minutes with the bus to Aventura mall in the north of Miami (half way to Fort Lauderdale)
Even if we tried to reduce the time spending in the Hotel to a minimum of time, I had a disgust after checking-out after two nights.
Next time in Miami Beach, we will definitely be not money-conscious in order not ruin our holidays again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
We apologize for not meeting your expectations. We have addressed your comments with our cleaning staff and we will do what's in our power to prevent this to happen again (with emphasis on improving the cleaning and work etiquette)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Do not book this room if you have decent expectations. I read the reviews online & they were mixed so I booked the room. The staff was very nice however the lobby is the only updated area in the entire hotel. There's only one very small elevator that can't hold more than one person & their luggage. The hallways are small & creepy & the room was VERY basic. There were 2 full size beds, we requested queen, there was a stove w/ 2 burners that had foil under them, the bathroom was small & it had pink tile from 1965. It didn't look or smell clean. We ended up checking out about an hour after we checked in. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed May 2014
We are sorry you were disappointed. We are indeed not a fancy hotel, but try our best to meet our guests' needs while keeping our rates affordable.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, with great service. The rooms were very nice & clean. I would definitely go back! Everything was good, the beds were very comfortable. Great view. Very thankful I stayed here for spring break

• Stayed April 2014
Thanks for the review! We hope to see you again on Spring break next year :)
Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Room was a bit dated, but everything functioned fine, and it was comfortable. Wifi worked well. Very close to the beach (the hotel will supply you towels free of charge - you just pay a bond). It's a solid 30 or 40 minute walk to the more happening parts of South beach. There is a restaurant right outside the front door at this hotel, but more choice if you do the 30 to 40 minute walk. Its a nice walk though if you take the coastal, board walk. I also extended my stay from 4 nights to 7 nights which they easily did for me and at a discounted rate which I requested. Breakfast was provided, not thrilling but enough. They have a funny comms system with the cleaners - quite unique - the reception staff are always talking to them on walkie talkie's. This place won't suit everyone, but it suited me fine travelling the US on a budget - so if your doing the same then I recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
lorrainebeach, Guest Relations Manager at Lorraine Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Thank you. Your review is honest and paints the picture. We appreciate your staying with us and hope we see you again!

Been to Lorraine Hotel? Share your experiences!