“Never ever this hotel!!!I will make sure i will not recommend this hotel to nobody!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lorraine Hotel

Save Saved
You added Lorraine Hotel to your Saves list
Lorraine Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2601 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140-4798 (Oceanfront)   |
Ranked #182 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
New york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Really bad experience.
The towels are very cheap,you can scratch your skin if not careful.No duvet covers, only the cheap duvet.The staff NOT eager to help NOT friendly NOT nice,it's like they almost ignore you or the worst,they have an attitude.I think they forgot that their paycheck comes from us.
Coffee it's just water.I asked early check in when i booked,and late check out.
I had no early check in and after 100 requests at the hotel,i had late check out.The shower head i had to fix it before i could use it .Make sure you bring with you a cup,a glass,knife,fork,spoon..you have none of this in the room.

• Stayed June 2014

212 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Munich, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We spent 2 nights in this Hotel in April 2014 and I would not at all recommend this Hotel.
When arriving, the room was in a bad condition: There were hairs everywhere on the floor (cleaning staff?); the small window in the bathroom was broken, just ajarred and not fixed; the mattresses of the bed were really really dirty (big brown stains); the fridge in our room was completely iced; .... The second night, we used 2 contour sheets as a protection.
The breakfast was organized with minimal effort: bagels (flavorless), toast, butter, jam, cereals, milk, yoghurt (the only thing my boyfriend could eat), bad coffee,.... no ham, no cheese
The personal was not very helpful. When arriving, the cleaning staff (about 4 persons) was standing right in front of the hotel-entrance and smoking. When checking in, we had to wait 10 minutes because the 2 receptionists were having a talk. When asking for the best way to the harbor, we just received a very short answer.
The location of the hotel as such is good: a 2-minutes walk to the beach (clean), directly at Lincoln road, bus stop right in front of the hotel for a 10-minute ride to the Ocean drive, 50 minutes with the bus to Aventura mall in the north of Miami (half way to Fort Lauderdale)
Even if we tried to reduce the time spending in the Hotel to a minimum of time, I had a disgust after checking-out after two nights.
Next time in Miami Beach, we will definitely be not money-conscious in order not ruin our holidays again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Do not book this room if you have decent expectations. I read the reviews online & they were mixed so I booked the room. The staff was very nice however the lobby is the only updated area in the entire hotel. There's only one very small elevator that can't hold more than one person & their luggage. The hallways are small & creepy & the room was VERY basic. There were 2 full size beds, we requested queen, there was a stove w/ 2 burners that had foil under them, the bathroom was small & it had pink tile from 1965. It didn't look or smell clean. We ended up checking out about an hour after we checked in. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed May 2014
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, with great service. The rooms were very nice & clean. I would definitely go back! Everything was good, the beds were very comfortable. Great view. Very thankful I stayed here for spring break

• Stayed April 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Room was a bit dated, but everything functioned fine, and it was comfortable. Wifi worked well. Very close to the beach (the hotel will supply you towels free of charge - you just pay a bond). It's a solid 30 or 40 minute walk to the more happening parts of South beach. There is a restaurant right outside the front door at this hotel, but more choice if you do the 30 to 40 minute walk. Its a nice walk though if you take the coastal, board walk. I also extended my stay from 4 nights to 7 nights which they easily did for me and at a discounted rate which I requested. Breakfast was provided, not thrilling but enough. They have a funny comms system with the cleaners - quite unique - the reception staff are always talking to them on walkie talkie's. This place won't suit everyone, but it suited me fine travelling the US on a budget - so if your doing the same then I recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
lorrainebeach, Guest Relations Manager at Lorraine Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Thank you. Your review is honest and paints the picture. We appreciate your staying with us and hope we see you again!
Cohasset, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I would like to thank the Lorraine Hotel in Miami for finally opening my eyes to how easy it is to make a bad hotel look good on the Web.

Having driven up from Key West during the day with my wife and mother-in-law, all three of us were looking forward to getting our heads down in a South Beach hotel. Sadly, this was not to be the case.

When we first approached the Lorraine, my first thought that reception was through what looked like a convenience store on Collins. After getting out and walking around for a bit, I found a set of stairs that led into the reception area - thankfully empty of the hipsters that seemed to be hanging around outside.

Parking the car was OK, but we were lucky to find a spot next to the hotel - especially as our stay was to be so short. To cut a long story short, we lugged our bags inside and then spent 10 minutes waiting for somebody to appear at reception (it was around 10 pm). When he did, I mistook him for one of the guests, dressed as he was in jeans and a t-shirt and carrying a towel. Imagine my surprise when this person then let himself in to the office and "checked" us in to our "deluxe room"...on the first floor, next to the office and the lifts.

My wife was already less than impressed and, after inspecting not only the room allocated but also one on another floor, declared that she would not stay there. The floor in our suite was filthy and the bedding would have been too dirty for a youth hostel in the 1970s. I then spent valuable minutes telling the "receptionist" that I wanted my money back...greeted with a shrug and the name of the duty manager - who would be there in the morning - on a scrap of paper.

I then lugged the bags back to our car, while my better half desperately searched for an alternative in her phone - an airport hotel some 25 minutes away from the Lorraine.

We were only supposed to stay for 2 nights and the hotel agreed to refund one night. Put it this way, losing $200 was a reasonable price to pay for NOT staying in The Lorraine. It looks OK online...the reality is somewhat different.

So I would like to thank the owners, management, cleaning staff and everyone else connected with this beach hotel for making sure that I will never book a room anywhere in the world without doing the requisite research...

Room Tip: It's close to the beach...nowhere near the fun stuff
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was so thankful that we had only booked one night at this hotel. The carpet in our room was so disgusting that when I walked on it with bare feet, they turned black. The shower was so disgusting that we wouldn't dare use it. The mattress was so bad, you could feel the springs. This is what we got for $237/day. Honestly, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Please, accept our apologies for not meeting your standards. We are in the process of removing the carpets from the only 3 rooms in our hotel that have them. The price paid is by no means our regular rate. You happened to be in town for one of our many high season events. This happens every year between February and April, and many days the rates double or even triple up. We see how this might give the impression that we are a higher category hotel. Truth is, if you paid that much here, the rate at any 3 or 4 stars hotel in the area was probably at least $100 more per night. The good news is, anyone who is not coming to town for an event can easily avoid the high rates by planing their stay around these busy dates. Our website allows you to play with tentative check-in dates to make sure you get the best possible price.

Been to Lorraine Hotel? Share your experiences!