“Great Hotel for the Price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lorraine Hotel

You added Lorraine Hotel to your Saves list
Lorraine Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2601 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140-4798 (Oceanfront)   |
Ranked #166 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
San Francisco, California
“Great Hotel for the Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed at the Lorraine for 4 nights two weeks ago. I must say it definitely isn't the fanciest hotel, but it is totally worth it for the price. I came around Ultra music festival, and all the other hotels were overpriced, so the Lorraine was the most affordable option.

I'm subtracting one star because the first room they put me in had a really stained carpet, it'll be nice if this was removed altogether since Miami is pretty warm and there isn't really a need for carpets.

What I am really satisfied about this hotel is the customer service. When we asked to be moved to a different room, this was immediately done. The next room was simple, but very clean. The rooms are small, but have all the necessary amenities. When we asked for extra towels, this was also immediately done. They also serve continental breakfast in the mornings, which can add to your savings. All the essentials, but definitely fresh.

But first and foremost shout out to their front desk people!!! On my last night there I happened to drop my cellphone on the elevator crack. That's the worst thing it can happen during vacation...a day without cellphone!!!! But I came down the next morning and asked the front desk attendant for help. I feel terrible that I didn't get her name (she was a young Hispanic girl, a little Asian looking), but this girl went above and beyond to help me get my phone back. Even when I had already given up, she suggested getting some tools and calling the elevator company to try to open the elevator box located under. At the end she got my phone back, and I am totally grateful for her!

Overall, if you are a budget traveler, I would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms have a full kitchen with utensils. Regular rooms have a fridge and microwave tho.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
lorrainebeach, Guest Relations Manager at Lorraine Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are a modest hotel, but we make customer service a priority. The story you tell about the retrieval of the phone is great, and so is Nataly, the person who helped you. We hope you come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Hotel is disgusting! no manager on duty, even when we saw her in the office! dirty, breakafast very poor, elevator old, a/c not working, no internet! please do not go to this hotel!
My husband find a cucaracha under bed, bathroon really dirty.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
lorrainebeach, Guest Relations Manager at Lorraine Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
We apologize for these inconveniences. We need to make one thing clear, though: we do not have roaches. We are not saying you didn't find one, but it might have squeezed in from outside. We have periodical visits from pest control to ensure we don't get unwanted visitors :)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I didn't expect much for the price of $160 after taxes, but I did expect a clean room. There were hairs on the bathroom floor, and my feet became muddy after a shower the walking on the floor. There is a big gaping hole in the wall where the broken smoke detector used to be and an inoperable remote for the circa 1986 television. They charge a $6 resort fee, I guess for the use of beach towels. There is no parking, they advise you to park at a metered parking lot a block away, but they do not have any quarters so one has to scurry around the various shops begging for change and feeding the meter. Our room was a sweatbox, there wasn't any AC on, or thermostat anywhere in the room. The second floor room had windows that I had to force to lock before leaving the room. When we tried to open them they wouldn't stay up, so we had to wedge a water bottle in the corner to let in the breeze.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
lorrainebeach, Guest Relations Manager at Lorraine Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
We apologize. We are working on improving our air conditioning system. Also, we have replaced many of our faulty windows with new hurricane proof ones.
New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Bad.
Bad room. Bad location. Bad prices.
At first it didn't looked that bad. Once you get to yor room the nightmare starts. Plan on bringin your own fan. The room a/c was terrible and the ceiling fan sounded like a cricket. It should be a $50.00 night hotel. Don't do it!

• Stayed February 2013
We apologize. We are working on fixing our air conditioning.
Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed in Miami for 2 nights and chose the Lorraine Hotel. We arrived early due to our red-eye flights from the West Coast of USA and asked for early check in, if possible. The older man working said we were too early and would not be checked in until their check in time of 3pm. He was extremely rude and disinterested in helping us. We had to sit in the foyer for hours until the lovely young lady at reception checked us in early.
The rooms were awful; very thin walls, floors and ceilings. The shower head leaked and left pools of water on the floor. No independent air conditioning or heating in the room. People continuously played extremely loud music until early hours of the morning. The hotel is not close to the main streets/mall so you either have to taxi or take a long walk.
We had some issues with the noise above our room and when we questioned it, nothing was done about it.
We also asked the reception to book us a taxi to the airport and they said they would book for us but I don't think they did as no taxi showed up.
Even though it's cheap, I would recommend you stay elsewhere. It is budget, but too budget. We won't be returning.

Room Tip: Chose a hotel close to Lincoln Mall
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. Please, accept our apologies.
EARTH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I travel for a living and this hotel is just perfect for a place to lay your head. Looks like it was built years ago, referbed in the 70's. If your looking for a name brand or need the flat screen TV,
"Move along nothing to see here."
If your stay is for work or the beach this spot is it. There is a great restraunt and cafe on the same block. I would stay there again just for the Brothers cafe cuban Expresso on the corner.

• Stayed February 2013
Your review summarizes best the experience at the Lorraine Hotel. Thank you! (And, yes, the Cuban coffee next door is terrific!) We hope to see you again soon.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have stayed at about 4 or 5 different hotels on South Beach and this is by far the grungiest. It was resonable and the staff seemed nice but the hotel itself is run down and old. If your looking for something cheap then go for it. My friends and I only stayed one night while we were in Miami for the Foam Fest. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
lorrainebeach, Guest Relations Manager at Lorraine Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thanks for your review. Access to the beach, friendly service and great prices are what most of our guests come looking for.

Been to Lorraine Hotel? Share your experiences!