“Disappointing not worth the money” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Lorraine Hotel

You added Lorraine Hotel to your Saves list
Lorraine Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2601 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140-4798 (Oceanfront)   |
Ranked #169 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Disappointing not worth the money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I didn't expect much for the price of $160 after taxes, but I did expect a clean room. There were hairs on the bathroom floor, and my feet became muddy after a shower the walking on the floor. There is a big gaping hole in the wall where the broken smoke detector used to be and an inoperable remote for the circa 1986 television. They charge a $6 resort fee, I guess for the use of beach towels. There is no parking, they advise you to park at a metered parking lot a block away, but they do not have any quarters so one has to scurry around the various shops begging for change and feeding the meter. Our room was a sweatbox, there wasn't any AC on, or thermostat anywhere in the room. The second floor room had windows that I had to force to lock before leaving the room. When we tried to open them they wouldn't stay up, so we had to wedge a water bottle in the corner to let in the breeze.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
lorrainebeach, Guest Relations Manager at Lorraine Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
We apologize. We are working on improving our air conditioning system. Also, we have replaced many of our faulty windows with new hurricane proof ones.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Bad.
Bad room. Bad location. Bad prices.
At first it didn't looked that bad. Once you get to yor room the nightmare starts. Plan on bringin your own fan. The room a/c was terrible and the ceiling fan sounded like a cricket. It should be a $50.00 night hotel. Don't do it!

• Stayed February 2013
We apologize. We are working on fixing our air conditioning.
Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed in Miami for 2 nights and chose the Lorraine Hotel. We arrived early due to our red-eye flights from the West Coast of USA and asked for early check in, if possible. The older man working said we were too early and would not be checked in until their check in time of 3pm. He was extremely rude and disinterested in helping us. We had to sit in the foyer for hours until the lovely young lady at reception checked us in early.
The rooms were awful; very thin walls, floors and ceilings. The shower head leaked and left pools of water on the floor. No independent air conditioning or heating in the room. People continuously played extremely loud music until early hours of the morning. The hotel is not close to the main streets/mall so you either have to taxi or take a long walk.
We had some issues with the noise above our room and when we questioned it, nothing was done about it.
We also asked the reception to book us a taxi to the airport and they said they would book for us but I don't think they did as no taxi showed up.
Even though it's cheap, I would recommend you stay elsewhere. It is budget, but too budget. We won't be returning.

Room Tip: Chose a hotel close to Lincoln Mall
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. Please, accept our apologies.
EARTH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I travel for a living and this hotel is just perfect for a place to lay your head. Looks like it was built years ago, referbed in the 70's. If your looking for a name brand or need the flat screen TV,
"Move along nothing to see here."
If your stay is for work or the beach this spot is it. There is a great restraunt and cafe on the same block. I would stay there again just for the Brothers cafe cuban Expresso on the corner.

• Stayed February 2013
Your review summarizes best the experience at the Lorraine Hotel. Thank you! (And, yes, the Cuban coffee next door is terrific!) We hope to see you again soon.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have stayed at about 4 or 5 different hotels on South Beach and this is by far the grungiest. It was resonable and the staff seemed nice but the hotel itself is run down and old. If your looking for something cheap then go for it. My friends and I only stayed one night while we were in Miami for the Foam Fest. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
lorrainebeach, Guest Relations Manager at Lorraine Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thanks for your review. Access to the beach, friendly service and great prices are what most of our guests come looking for.
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I booked this hotel over a month ago for a trip. My trip was canceled; in response I cancelled the hotel via Lorrainehotel.com. I was even given a cancellation number. My reservations was cancelled more than 3 weeks prior to my original check in date. Not only was my credit card still charged, but the customer service I received was horrendous. With all my years of travelling and communicating with people, I have never came across a staff as incompetent such as the staff at Lorraine Hotel (Natalie and Roberto). I was told for over a week that there was no manager on duty. I've never heard such foolishness before. How can a business operate with no manager or supervisor? Not only was my credit card charged without authorization, but I have yet to receive my refund that they allegedly issued. I thank God I did not stay at this hotel and you should reconsider this location as well. Next step, reporting them to BBB. Safe travel and Happy stay at another hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
It was a mistake. Once we noticed, we refunded your card right away. We also contacted you to apologize. Our manager was indeed not present. She was out of the country attending her father's funeral. Finally, your manners over the phone were not respectful and, we are sure, didn't reflect the way you wish to be treated by anyone.
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The size of the room and the bathroom was OK.
There was not even 1 chair in the room.
Safe on the floor is very disturbing for an older adult.
We could not fill the sink, so it was impossible to make light wash of shirt or socks.
Breakfast was served to late - starting 7:30 is far to late, and most of the times it wasn't ready even at that time.
Cleanliness - We found it OK, but we heard some others complaining.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your review. indeed, breakfast is served from 7:30am to 10am. For most of our guests, any time before that is actually too early. Many think we should even extend it past 10:30! We do our best to find a balance and satisfy everybody. Please, accept our apologies if we haven't met your expectations.

Been to Lorraine Hotel? Share your experiences!