“GREAT LOCATION AND AWESOME STAFF!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lorraine Hotel

You added Lorraine Hotel to your Saves list
Lorraine Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2601 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140-4798 (Oceanfront)   |
Ranked #167 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“GREAT LOCATION AND AWESOME STAFF!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I enjoyed my stay with the Lorraine Hotel! The front desk staff along with housekeeping were very polite and all around decent people. Nataly at the front desk was very welcoming and patient. She went out of her way to accommodate me and so did Jeanette from housekeeping. Thank you for the clothes detergent Jeanette! You are the best! Eduardo is hilarious and fun! He made me laugh every time I saw him and/or talked to him! If you don't like Eduardo or appreciate his sense of humor, then there is something wrong with you, not Eduardo! Nora was also very helpful, nice and sweet. You rock Nora! I also want to thank Jonathon for being so pleasant! The boardwalk/beach were steps away from the hotel and seemed more like a private beach rather than public. It was awesome! The price was reasonable and the continental breakfast wasn't bad either. When I go back to South Beach (because I will), I will be staying at the Lorraine! Thank you guys for making my second trip to South Beach such a pleasant experience! I will see you soon!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
lorrainebeach, Public Relations Manager at Lorraine Hotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Lorraine Hotel.
We tank you for sharing your experience and we will gladly await your arrival on your next visit.
My staff mentioned on your review, appreciated your sincere comments.
See you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I stayed in a double deluxe room on the 3rd floor. It was reasonably clean, in a safe area, and with a public parking lot relatively close buy. The night staff were unfriendly, but the daytime people were fine. The in-room internet did not work and staff were unwilling to do anything about it, internet in the lobby did work. It was extremely spartan, but acceptable. No cups provided in rooms, walls are thin and I wished I'd had earplugs. Continental breakfast was okay, nothing fresh provided but there was a good selection of bread and sweet rolls. I wouldn't stay there again, but it wasn't too bad since I didn't spend much time in the room anyway.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
lorrainebeach, Guest Relations Manager at Lorraine Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2011
Thank you for your constructive feedback.
We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences encountered during your stay and rest assured that our staff is working diligently to overcome any opportunities presented.
We sincerely appreciate all of your feedback and hope that we can see you at our Hotel in the nearby future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

I had bugs in my bed and the hotel did absolutely nothing about it. They did not even move us to another room nor did they provide any kind of bug spray or repellent. When we reported it to the front desk the agent said we have never had bed bugs. Ummm maybe you want to take the picture hanging above my bed with dead bed bugs in it down before you claim you've never had bed bugs. After much research on the internet I believe I had sand mites in my bed, but the dead bugs in the picture hanging above the bed looked like all the pix I'd seen of bed bugs. I never was bitten, but I did feel bugs crawling on me. The bugs I saw in the bed were barley visible to the human eye, which is why I believe they were sand mites. I don't blame the hotel for having the bugs, but their total lack of response, even trying to deny that there was even any bugs at all. In fact the maid the next day didn't even clean our room until after 1:30p.m. after us telling them there were bugs in the bed. Very disappointing as the location of the hotel and room 303 are very nearly perfect. We had an ocean view and the beach was just steps away from the hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
lorrainebeach, General Manager at Lorraine Hotel, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
Thank you for your recent stay and your feedback. We use all comments - both positive and negative - to always improve.
We have changed all the linen and it was approved by you, we even offer you to change to a different room and your answer was “thats fine, we dont need that” , besides these facts, after researching with a pest control company we found that we do not have any type of bugs at all....
Your room was "specially serviced" the following morning after you report the issue.
I hope you choose to return to our hotel and allow me a chance to make your stay live up to your expectations next time you come to Miami Beach.
vancouver, wa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

I did a lot of research before booking this hotel. I read all the reviews "good" and "bad". We were looking for a place to stay after our cruise for a couple days and were on a very tight budget but, wanted to spend some time on the beach. This was the cheapest place that was still very close to the beach and thought oh, how bad can it be? After all, the pictures on their web sight were beautiful! (wink) First, I have to say we are not a "high maintenance" family. We enjoy to travel and like nice things but on the other hand we camp and "the small' things don't usually bug us. But, I have to say when the Taxi dropped us off in front of the hotel we had to chuckle.. Not quite like the picture. We knew the hotel was an old vintage building from the 30's. but, wow.... But, we immediately saw the beach and thought at least it's VERY close to the beach how much time will we spend inside anyway?? We went inside. Lobby looked fine. Walked up to the Hotel desk. Staff was very friendly and accommodating we arrived a few hours early. I did notice how the lady that helped us looked very unprofessional and her hair looked like it hadn't been washed in days.. very greasy. Yes, i know that's a little "catty" but it leads up to the rest of the story. The hotel is very old looking and a bit run down, the elevator was quite charming.. Tiny with solid wood interior. Okay, I'll just do it this way instead of writing a book.

Pros: Inexpensive
Close to the beach
Beach is very nice but beware it is a topless beach. We didn't know this and with two
children we were all a bit surprised. Maybe this is an east coast thing??
Very friendly staff
Comfortable beds
Flat screen TV

Cons: Very DIRTY ( and I am not a neat freak) Walls through out the hotel were filthy, carpet
in room was disgusting. Window's were dirty, no screens on windows, crack in
window and we found several items left from other people under bed. Lipstick, USB
cord, paper with notes written on it. Holes in doors and walls. stains on curtains.

There was a phone in room with no instructions. example: Which number to push to
reach front desk, etc. Just thought that was weird.

Walls were paper thin. Heard every room door open and close all night long.

Continental breakfast is not worth mentioning.

You have to walk about 10 blocks to find a good restaurant. We finally found a
Subway Deli about two blocks away. This is the first hotel I ever stayed in that
didn't have a "food" guide in the rooms with a list of nearby restaurants that
deliver/etc.

I would not recommend this hotel to my friends but if your not picky and just want a place to crash that's cheap while you hang out on the beach for a couple days then go for it! :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
lorrainebeach, General Manager at Lorraine Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2011
Thank you so much for your genuine feedback, we truly take all constructive criticism to heart and make every attempt to learn from these comments.
I apologize for the oversights in service that you experienced; we are addressing those deficiencies with urgency with our head of housekeeping, clearly these are atypical and not indicative of our standards. I’m sorry that you did not like your overall.
I would also like to thank you for your "pros" and point out a few things about your "cons": The phone does not have like the 5 star hotels speed dial preset buttons, since there is 9 to dial out and 0 to reach the Front Desk like all around the world, continental breakfast has more than coffee and bread, so I guess it does worth mentioning, since has from 2 different kinds of cereals to fresh pastries.
I truly hope I can have you return. I will make every attempt to make sure you have an amazing stay.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

I only have one major complaint. The in-room safes were locked & could not be opened by the hotel staff. In fact, we switched rooms because the safe was locked & then the second room's safe was also locked! Staff was very friendly. Rooms were clean, although you couldn't open the curtains in the first room. Continental breakfast was good.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review and your genuine feedback. I am glad you found our staff friendly and rooms clean, we truly take all constructive criticism to heart and make every attempt to learn from these comments. We have changed all the safe boxes that were old for new ones and I can assure you no other issues will arise.
I certainly hope you will come back to our hotel and please feel free to contact me before you do so I can personally make sure you have a great time!
Florida, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

We just spent a week at The Lorraine Hotel and had a marvelous stay. The personable staff - all greeted us by name & with a smile, and all went out of their way to brighten our trip & give us great service. It's a charming place with a great location, though it could use a little freshening up here and there. The elevator is a dinosaur and needs an upgrade and the hallways could use fresh carpeting/flooring, but it's overall a charming place. If you have a rental car, there is a big municipal lot a block away for a fee, and the beach/boardwalk is a block and a half away. You're a quick bus trip or short cab ride from Lincoln Road, and nightlife isn't that much farther down. We simply love it.

Room Tip: stay away from the sandwiches at the deli in the corner, instead right next door you have a really l...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
lorrainebeach, General Manager at Lorraine Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thank you so much for your great comments about all of our staff here at Lorraine! It is our goal to provide an outstanding hotel experience for all of our guests, and so it makes us very happy to know that you had such an excellent time with us.

Thanks again for your great recommendation, and all of us here at the hotel look forward to seeing you both again soon!
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I will start off by saying we checked in, and checked right back out. The room was filthy. Sand and hair on the floor, dirty out dated bathrooms, disgusting stains on the curtains covering the filthy windows, and the other guests were so wild and loud, we were actually afraid. I was conerned about my families health and safety staying at this hotel, so we checked out immediately. We went to Hotel Victor; talk about night and day. We ended up having a wonderful, relaxing, clean, and safe S. Beach experience. The only way I can rationalize that someone would give this hotel a high rating is that they are used to living in filth and are comfortable living in unsanitary and unsafe conditions. If you have high standards, STAY AWAY from this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. An experience such as the one you described is taken very seriously by all of us here at the Hotel, and we look forward to an opportunity to make it better.
Although I cannot undo what happened, I would like to personally discuss your recent stay, and hopefully you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us.
We would love a chance to welcome you back to our hotel if you are ever in Miami Beach .
Until then, all of us at hotel remain fully at your service!

Been to Lorraine Hotel? Share your experiences!