“Great Location for a Great Value!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lorraine Hotel

You added Lorraine Hotel to your Saves list
Lorraine Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2601 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140-4798 (Oceanfront)   |
Ranked #169 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Location for a Great Value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

I booked this hotel through their website a few days before we arrived in Miami for just one night before we left on our cruise. I was a bit unsure because of some of the negative reviews, but this hotel turned out to be perfect for us. Our flight was arriving early so I let the hotel know. We were able to check in early, no problems. Staff was helpful and we went from lobby to room to beach in about 20 minutes! The location is a short 2 min. walk along a pathway to the beach. The hotel provides beach towels, which was very handy too. The location is to the north end of South beach. It's quieter and about at 10-15 minute walk from the busy pedestrian area.

The room was only ok, but it served its purpose. It was worn, had no working alarm and the tv didn't get many channels (which was only a bummer because the Oscars were on that night!).

The breakfast is all carbs, but it's a nice perk. There is a great little cafe right beside the hotel which serves good reasonable food and great cappuccinos (It doesn't look like much but the food is good!). They had delectable-looking pastries but I didn't stay long enough to try any. You can also get takeout pizza.

The staff were so nice that they let us leave our bags for the day when we got back from our cruise and wanted to go to the beach for our remaining time in Miami.

TIP: If you are flying into Miami airport the airport flyer bus will take you right in front of this hotel for just a couple of dollars. Very economical!

I will return to the Lorraine for a longer stay another time. Next time I just have to be careful to sunscreen the tops of my feet to protect them from that Miami sun!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
lorrainebeach, Guest Relations Manager at Lorraine Hotel, responded to this review, May 25, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such encouraging feedback on your recent visit to The Lorraine Hotel.
I am truly pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to having you back at The Lorraine Hotel soon and remain at your service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Bay Harbor Islands, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

My friends was on spring break from georgia, and we spent 2 nights at the lorraine hotel, on the beach!! we were just there, location perfect, close to south beach, walking distance and the rooms were nice and the staff too.beachtowels and breakfast free.

Room Tip: rooms with balconies are very nice
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Lorraine staff, we would like to thank you for your kind feedback. We are very glad you chose us to be a part of your vacation experience and that you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to see you again.
BA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

I have stayed at the Lorraine hotel with my boyfriend and had a nice stay. Rooms were ok, ( a little bit outdated) but clean. Staff was friendly. I do not have major complains.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback and are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you come back again!
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

This hotel was so bad that I almost checked out. I had a 24 hour layover in miami and got a room here. If my flight wasn't so early in the morning I would have gone somewhere else for sure. The floor was covered in hair and my comforter had stained blood on it. I was so grossed out that I didn't even use blankets and I was afraid to take off my shoes. The clock radio was broken so I couldn't even use the alarm clock. Don't be fooled by the somewhat cute lobby. I guess if your flat broke and want to be by the ocean and don't care about cleanliness this is your spot. But I wouldn't even stay here again if you paid me.
The guy at the front desk forgot to give me a room key but I didn't notice it until I got to my room door. So I went back down and told him that I never got my key. He insisted that he gave me a key and if I wanted another one, I would have to pay $15!! Later that night he said he decided that he wouldn't charge me. (As if he was doing me a favor. )

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
lorrainebeach, Guest Relations Manager at Lorraine Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2011
Dear guest,
We would like to apologize for your unpleasant experience with us, If we were notified about the problems you mentioned, we would’ve done something to change your room. Here at our hotel we like to keep our guest satisfied and happy with their stay, we appreciate your review and will make the necessary inspections in our rooms to avoid other unpleasant reviews. Thank you again for your feedback
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

After thoroughly researching hotels in Miami Beach for the 2011 WMC, we settled on the Lorraine because it offered the best in terms of location and value for money.

On arrival, the reception staff were quite rude - I put this down to them not understanding my English very well and hope this was the case! We were under the impression that breafast and towels for the beach were complimentary - at least this is what it said on lastminute.com - we were charged $35 for the week for this priviliege when we checked in. I use the term 'privilege' loosely because breakfast was nothing more than toast, tiny muffins or pastries and on one morning past 10am when we wanted towels for the beach we were told they were not yet dry.

We also had to swap rooms on first arrival as the room allocated to us was just awful. We had been promised a small kitchenette - this room had a microwave and nothing else. The windows were absolutely filthy, the view was at the back of some ugly buildings and the bathroom was falling apart.

In all fairness to the staff at the hotel, they moved us straight away into a much bigger room with a kitchenette as expected and a much nicer view - you could even see the sea if you looked at the right angle!

As we were there for WMC week, we expected the hotel to be busy with people coming and going late at night. We weren't wrong! There were a lot of drunk guests shouting/laughing/generally making noise at crazy hours of the morning. Reception staff dealt with one incident well though and were soon up on our floor telling a young lady to stop banging on a door and shouting (it was 4.30am).

Walls and ceilings must be pretty thin though as there was a lot of noise being made in the room above us. It sounded like furniture was constantly being moved around, day and night which was a bit bizarre.

To end on a positive - the hotel is in a good location (right on the beach). It isn't too far from the main action in South Beach and if you don't fancy the walk then there are 3 or 4 buses you can catch right outside that take you down to Lincoln Road and further down Collins Avenue closer to Ocean Drive.

Ultimately the purpose for many of going to Miami is for fun so I wouldn't imagine you would want to stay in your hotel room for long anyway - just make sure you check which room you are checking into first!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,
Please accept our deepest apology for your unpleasant stay at our hotel, we would like to trust that we immediately resolved the incident to your satisfaction once notified. Your visit to Miami Beach was during Spring Break, our most busy season of them all. Like any other hotel, we have Spring Breakers that can get out of control but we do enforce quiet hours in the hotel and we take charge when we hear complains.
We appreciate and take your review very serious and focus on trying to provide better hospitality to our future guest.
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

I stay in a standard double bed, there is a stove in the room but no kitchen ware, no air con, is pretty uncomfortable during hot days, no parking, very close to the beach, thats the only best part...and also they have beach towels available, I wouldnt pay more than 100 bucks/night for this place, if the price is below $100, I can consider it!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

nice hotel,clean ,nice place.the room is comfortable and the housekeper are very nice i going to recommned this hotel all my friend

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Lorraine Hotel and hope to see you again in the near future.

Best Regards!

Been to Lorraine Hotel? Share your experiences!