“Terrible experience” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #114 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami Beach, Florida
“Terrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

My job put me up here for a few days until my real accommodation was ready. I'm sure they won't do it again. I stayed there in July 2011 (late review, I know). Check-in clerk was very rude. He ignored me mid-transaction to help someone else who spoke Spanish. The room was filthy...dark, dirty floor, no toilet paper, damp bedding. The air conditioner was placed right over the desk/table so it blew on me whenever I sat there, so I either had to turn off the a/c when eating/working or not sit there. No elevator so had to lug my bags up 2 flights...nobody even offered to help.

Worst of all, the day before checkout, the same rude Spanish clerk insisted I pay the bill before going back upstairs. He didn't believe me when I told him my job was paying for it. When I went to the room THEY HAD PADLOCKED THE DOOR!!!!!! I was even checked out yet! I went downstairs and called my job who spoke to the Spanish clerk to tell them that they were paying, not me and that the hotel already had the credit card number. Suddenly the clerk was smiley and apologetic.

P.S. also picked up a foot infection from the carpet.

Room Tip: One tip: don't go there
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

The sheets had blood stains, the pillow cases had unidentified stains, there was garbage stashed under the bed and there were little BUGS walking everywhere (on the walls, on the bed, in the bathroom...). Asked to change or clean the room and when we returned at the end of the day they had done nothing... We left before risking to get a desease. The place should be closed down by the health department

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

lake in the hills, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

I'm not a picky person when it comes to hotels, I see them as a place to lay my head but this hotel was by far one of the worst I've stayed in. I should point out there's a short list of good things:
nice staff, only a block from the beach, no bed bugs or anything gross like that.

OK, that being said, it is a TOTAL budget hotel. No phone, no outlets in the bathroom which meant also no hair dryer. The rooms were old and run down...walls peeling, the tile in the bathroom was chipped, the tub was scratched/chipped, the carpet was old and stained (specific stains included not one, but TWO iron marks....guess the person didn't learn their lesson the first time LOL) Also, I was around when one of the cleaning ladies was cleaning my room and I can't say for sure but I think she used the same brush for the sink as the toilet.

I stayed here for 3 nights mid September and I've been traveling a lot for the past 2 months...just getting around to reviews but this is definately not one I'd recommend, sorry.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

We stayed at the Princess ann on oct 19th and 20th. The location is fantastic and the price is right. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for somewhere to sleep and shower. If you plan to spend lots of time in your room and like nice amenities, I suggest you stay somewhere else. The room needed worked, a paint job and new carpet would do wonders for the room. but at least the bathroom and sheets were clean. We didn't spend much time in the room so it was perfect for us. There is also a free continental breakfast nothing fancy, so don't expect much. The people at the front desk were very nice though. Its a 2 star hotel so don't expect much more than that.

Room Tip: Spend most of your time on South Beach not in the room as it is no where near fancy. lol
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Uherske Hradiste, Czech Republic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I decided to buy room in this hotel, because of the location. The hotel is in the heart of South Beach. Everything is very close to the Hotel (Ocena Drive, Beach, Famous Hotels and Restaurants). The big problem was cleanless in the Hotel. Hotel is pretty old and smelly, needs to be refurbismented. It looked like nobody was cleaning bathroom. I had to clean bathroom by myself, because dust was everywhere. To be honest, I was afraid to touch something. For the next time I know that I will rather pay more then to be accommodated in very cheap hotel. The big plus was only location and nice staff.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

My friend and I stayed for 7nights and it was entirely acceptable accommodation for our means. We possibly wouldn't have chosen this had it not been for a great deal, but we're glad we did...
It's in an outstanding location and for the amount of time you'd actually spend in your hotel room whilst in Miami, it's perfect.
We were out all the time and it's exceptionally close to some brilliant restaurants, clubs and bars - Clevelander and Mangoes are literally across the road and it's just a stones throw from the beach.
When you're tired, the beds are clean and the bedrooms are quiet (after a good day you won't notice the hum of the air-con).
My friend is an absolute '4star or more' only type of girl, so she was initially abhorrent about our stay. I talked her round and now we'd actual plan on staying here again.
She had qualms over the decor but for me - clean sheets, decent shower, a hygiene-friendly bathroom, working TV and a Fridge made me happy.
Albeit the place and utilities were certainly weathered around the edges with the breakfast (in the lobby?!) a fold-out table of minimal joy, this should not deter your stay if you're the type to expect less and go out more.
If you have more money you may be more idealistic and comfortable elsewhere... but the money we saved here was spent on some of the best nights out.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011 via mobile

This hotel is great for the price. The location is perfectly situated in the center of south beach, only one block from the beach and the famous Mango's. There is also a parking garage about a block away that charges $24 for 24 hour parking. The hotel is old and could definitely use some renovation, but is maintained and kept clean. The front desk was friendly and helpful. Overall, it was a good experience and I would recommend this hotel to anyone on a budget.

• Stayed October 2011

Been to Princess Ann Hotel? Share your experiences!