“I liked it!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fashionhaus Hotel

You added Fashionhaus Hotel to your Saves list
Fashionhaus Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   534 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Henry Hotel)   |
Ranked #147 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Perth, Australia
“I liked it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Good location. The hostess was lovely and helpful. Jacinta i think was her name. Shower good. Room good. Bathroom small but no biggie. Room was a decent size. Very comfy beds and pillows. Recommend and would stay again. Pretty well priced also. Lovely cafe connected to it also

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here with a friend, mostly because we got an excellent deal on Expedia.

The location is excellent - quick walk to shops, restaurants and the beach. The hotel appears to want to be a boutique hotel..
Rooms: Interesting deco! Definitely in need of up-dating but came with the essentials. Beds were comfortable [but for some reason no duvet!] and the rooms quiet to outside noise but probably because of the AC. Old style AC so noisy, room cleaning was very average.
Bathroom: reasonable size. Shower worked well.
Reception: Staff could have been better - we requested a wake-up call which we didn't get, and same for an early morning taxi reservation. Fortunately we had Uber!
The hotel did provide beach towels which was very handy.
Access to the rooms was via stairs - not great with a heavy suitcase, and whilst we were there the lobby had some work done with one of the stairways closed. There was no information provided so something we discovered at the bottom of the stairs!

Would I stay here again - yes if I got a good cheap deal. At full price I think it is expensive [but Miami Beach is anyway], and there are other options available that I would explore. Best thing was location if you don't care about being on the beach.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
London, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel was clean it has a good location It has two story with NO elevator we are middle aged and I suffer with a very bad back and we were not offered any assistance with our bags When we asked about parking ,the girl at the front desk had her I phone playing loud music and I had to ask her the question 3 times instead of turning the phone down she leaned toward me and raised her voice, VERY unprofessional ! Then I was given incorrect information and came within seconds of having my car towed away by the notorious Tremont towing (as seen on TV) would have cost me $400.00 as I was informed by a parking enforcement Officer. In house restaurant was expensive It was $3.75 for a small coffee There was a party on the second floor people running up and down the hall laughing and hollering until 5 am management did NOTHING would not recommend for anyone over the age of 21 to 25 years of age.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Cole Harbour, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

not the worst hotel you could stay at but certainly not the best. It looks so good, the décor is good but it was very dirty, especially for this price at $250 per night. The lobby is cute, the furniture is nice, the staff seemed nice, that lamp in the lobby is awesome, the fashion face room doors are fun. Then you enter the room. Ours had two double beds for a first night of our honeymoon before heading out on our cruise, we wanted a king, that's ok, we snuggled in a double. The bathroom appeared to have not been cleaned, the sink, vanity and floor were really dirty, there was even hair on the facecloth. It appeared that maybe a housekeeper came in and emptied the trash and made the beds and replaced some of the towels. There was even a shoe box in the closet that the last visitor left behind that the housekeeper neglected to remove. Overall the location is good, the décor is good but if you get a filthy room you should not pay in this price range.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2015

Stay away!
Had to carry our bags up the stairs because the elevators were down. The halls had a strong chemical smell which wafted into the rooms as well. The rooms were dark, deco was very dated too. Bathroom door wouldn't close, touched the handrail in the bathroom and it fell off.

Windows look straight into the next building, very minimal privacy.

The only good thing about this hotel was that the staff were nice and the location was close to miami beach.

Room Tip: Just don't pick a room here.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2015

This was by far the WORST experience I've EVER had traveling! I have never been more appalled in my life! I purchsed a double room for me and my traveling partners. Upon check in, I was told that there could only be 2 occupants to a room and my other 2 guest would be charged $25 additional. This was the first strike. I have worked in the hospitality industry close to a decade and have never been or worked at a hotel where a room with 2 beds cannot occupy 4 guest. It is obvious when guest book room with 2 beds they are expected to have 2 or more travelers.

The front desk staff was RUDE. They spoke in spanish without realizing that my traveling partner spoke spanish fluently and were caught speaking badly of my family. I would never suggest this hotel to anyone. Not even my worst enemy. The pictures look better online. Word advise-- try to find a hotel that is NOT privately owned. Privately-owned hotels seem to take advantage of the rules and typically tend to "do whatever they want"!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are dirty and housekeeping will go through your things!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Bethesda, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2015 via mobile

Let's start with the positive. The staff is super nice. But I was so disappointed! This hotel was recommended by both the lonely planet and a very popular French guide, both describing it as a hype boutique hotel, each room supposedly designed by a different designer etc.... The reality is quite different : rooms are very very standard (where is the designer, can I talk to him?), really small (to the claustrophobic point), the AC unit is so noisy that you can either not sleep because you're too hot or not sleep because of the noise. And despite the miniature rooms, the hotel does not offer any area to chill: the 'rooftop' is half abandoned and the only coffee you can get is a nespresso capsule for $ 2.50 in the lobby. All in we had a very disappointing experience.

• Stayed January 2015

Been to Fashionhaus Hotel? Share your experiences!