“Great Location, accomodations, and service!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Ocean Reef Suites to your Saves list
Ocean Reef Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1130 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #154 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Great Location, accomodations, and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This is the second time I stay here and I absolutely love everything about this place. You are located in the heart of south beach near 12th and collins ave and a block away from ocean ! Marcelo and Faviola were super friendly and accomodating to any special requests I needed ! I recommend getting the suite as you get a kitchen and lots more room and book early and online for specials ! Super clean too! They were also very informative about what to do in the area as well . Thanks so much again ! -Johnny ! You guys made my birthday week amazing!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Been in this hotel for one night.
there is no hot water
We waited with the tap open at least half an hour before we gave up.
I went to the reception and we were told that old Pipe-and it takes time to get hot water

:The positive thing
Perfect location in Miami Beach
good free WIFI

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My kids booked this hotel based on the pictures. When they arrived for their stay for Spring Break they were let down my daughter said "mom the outside was cleaner and nicer than the inside" the room was not clean, I had to call the hotel to demand they clean the entire room again and fix the tub that was not draining. The next day the AC was not working. I told them call to haven it fixed.
The only reason they stayed was because no refunds allowed. I would not recommend any travel site to put them on a list of 1,2,3,4,5* hotels. Please don't stay there if you want clean and comfort.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2015

My family came over from Europe to visit Miami Beach, and we wanted a place to stay, so we found this place in a very convenient location. The price per night was cheap, the lobby area looked really nice and clean. It was too good to be true! What was the catch? We checked in and we went to our room and the moment we opened the door a strong smell of dust hit us. It was coming from the old AC unit located below the window. We had to turn it off immediately; it was a health hazard. The little kitchen and dining area in the room looked nice and clean, so did the sleeping spaces. However the windows were a mess! Nobody has cleaned those windows for ages. The curtains were also old, ugly, and dirty. And then when we went to the bathroom we were absolutely disgusted by it. The shower curtain was old, ripped, and moldy. The bathtub was almost falling apart, and there was mold growing in the corners in the bathroom.

Apart from the convenient location, right in the Art Deco district of Miami Beach, this was a pretty poor hotel experience. If they invested as much money in the rooms as they did in the lobby area, this would be a great hotel!

Stayed March 2015
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2015

Again, before I booked here I was a bit worried by some of the incredibly negative reviews of this hotel (and pretty much every other hotel of this lower price range in Southbeach). Yes, $200 a night seems like a lot of money when you compare it to what you could get in Kansas City or Peoria, but to quote Dorothy, you are not in Kansas anymore, Toto. Southbeach is a lot more expensive in general, and we found Ocean Reef to be a bargain. It was much, much nicer than I was prepared for and very clean, with no bedbugs or other insects. Front desk staff were helpful and friendly, especially Faviola who went out of her way to assist us and recommend places to visit. Also thanks to Tamara, Erica, Anna and one of the male front desk attendants who I don't know his name. I didn't catch our maid's names, but the room was spotlessly clean every single day. I should have taken a photo of the room but forgot, but it was really nice. We had a problem with the tv upon arrival, and two very efficient maintenance men came and replaced the tv with a brand new one, almost immediately! Wow! This fast and efficient service took us by surprise. The kitchenette was very helpful; we were able to boil water for tea on the hotplate, and there was a nice cold fridge, and a microwave too. In the lobby there is a free coffee machine you can use, too! A good sized dining room table was available to sit at in our room. The suite had two beds, which worked very well for us. The a/c units were no louder than any other a/c units I have experienced in my travelling, so I cannot imagine why people complained about them. They were accurate and efficient. Like many hotels, however, they could use a thorough internal cleaning to freshen the smell of the air in the room. The tv was a large flat screen with excellent clarity and many cable stations. There was no charge for WiFi or local telephone calls and they had top notch modern safes that you can program your own code. The bathroom was clean with an excellent shower that had a strong flow of even temperatured water. We asked for a quiet room and were given one. Who could ask for anything more? This hotel is centrally located in Southbeach, and close to everything. There is a little store connected to the hotel to buy snacks or bottled water. I highly recommend people stay on Collins Avenue rather than the much noisier Ocean Drive. You are only one block away from the action, but Collins is MUCH quieter. Unless, of course, you are 20 years old and have no intention of sleeping much anyway. They have an excellent shuttle bus arrangement for pick up to the airport, which I believe was only $20 something for the two of us. If we go back to Southbeach, I can tell you we will book well in advance at the Ocean Reef to ensure a room there. Well worth it!!! :)
ps If you are on a budget, always check the price of drinks or food at bars and restaurants before you order. You can find great deals, but also there are bars with eyepoppingly expensive drinks. Be aware before you order and there will be no nasty surprises later! But the food and bar scene around this location are absolutely superb.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, just ask for one. We had room 103 and it backs onto the side of another bu...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2015 via mobile

This was by far the most disgusting hitel I've ever stayed in. The only reason we stayed is because they would not refund our money. The service was just as nasty as the room. I can't believe anyone would stay here..

• Stayed February 2015
Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2015

This place to stay is perfect if you want to be just amid of the happening. The location could hardly be better. The staff is friendly but busy all the time, at least it seems like that. Be aware of the fact that it could be loud during the evening and the night as many clubs and parties are around. At least we made this experience at our stay.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Ocean Reef Suites? Share your experiences!