“super location and quiet enough if you are back from the street” 4 of 5 stars

Ocean Reef Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1130 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #154 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Brisbane
“super location and quiet enough if you are back from the street”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Enjoyed a four night stay here.
Parking is a challenge. We did the valley at $20 a day. They drop your car of and pick it up for no extra charge 24hrs a day. Biggest challenge with this was the time for them to pick it up. Had to pay for parking sometimes to avoid tickets. They drop it off within 15mins.
The rooms are decent with a bar fridge, microwave and plug in stove.
Free coffee and tea in the lobby and beach towels you can sign out and in.
Front desk is 24hrs and they are very helpful.
Access to south beach and heaps of shopping and restaurants within minutes of walking. We only used the car for the Florida Keys and everglades.

Room Tip: Get a room back from the street for a better night sleep.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed here from 12-12-14 to 12-14-14 and staff member Marcello provided the best service from the time I called the hotel to book my reservation all the way through my checkout. He treated us like family and because of him I will continue to do business with Ocean Reef Hotel. Also, our suite was large and it felt like home. The lobby was renovated and of course I had to take lots of SELFIES in the main entrance! The hotel is located near all the exciting venues and I'm currently in the process of booking another room; thanks to Marcello for providing excellent customer service!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were two couples staying there for two nights after finishing a cruise. We were not very impressed by the rooms, but they were ok and the location is great. The little travel agency in the same building was a real gem and helped us with all that we wanted in a nice way.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Olympia, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was in there a a week ago and the hotel is great and we were looky to met Marcelo M. He did an amazin job and He was so good with my parent for take time to expland so many thing. So we are planing be back soon We hope Marcelo can be still there !!
Carolina del valle

Room Tip: no elevation so old people or with some special need my choose first floor
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
ORSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Reef Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We are glad you enjoy your stay! We work hard to satisfy our guest request. We hope we you choose to stay with us again soon.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My friend and I booked through their website for our two night staybecause of the ideal location. I fully regret that decision. The staff was very unpleasant and rude. Upon arrival the room had a pungent odor that continuously got worse throught our stay. The furniture is extremely cheap and uncomfortable; forget trying to use the pillows. The sheets were such a poor quality that we were able to see the mattress (and all of its stains) right through them. Most concerning however was that they ran my credit card for an unauthorized $100, which was then pending in my account for $213.70. The man who did our check in "forgot" to tell me about the $100 deposit they require. Despite the fact that I did not sign anypaper work for the transaction, he ran it anyway. When I inquired about it the lady at the desk said it wasn't a big deal because it's just a hold and will drop off. I tried to
explain that they had seemingly overrun the card and it was causing issues. She continued to
brush me off and at one point dismissed me saying "Whatever".

Save yourself the headache and hassle. Do NOT stay here.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
We are sorry to read that we did not reach your expectations, we hope you give us the opportunity to work with you again, we will made amends to change the opinion you have from your first experience with us. Plus, return guest get 10% discount.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We made the reservation WEEKS beforehand, and when we arrived, they told us we have to go to a different hotel! We wanted this location because of the centralization of the hotel, but the customer services was awful. The customer service representative and the manager failed to meet our needs of staying in the hotel, one in which we made a reservation weeks a head of time, and called the day prior. Turned our trip into a nightmare

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Sebastian, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I made a direct reservation with Ocean Reef Suites three weeks prior to my arrival. When we got there on Friday afternoon at 4:00 we were informed that our room was not available and we would have to go their sister hotel, Aqua Hotel up the road. They gave no explanation. The front desk clerk was very stressed out and although he was trying to be helpful he was aggravated with us. The manager did not want to speak with us. It was totally unprofessional. We went up to the Aqua Hotel and checked out their rooms and were really bad. No carpet - it was like having a room in your warehouse.

Do not stay at this hotel because when you get to there; there is no guarantee that you will have a room and the last thing you want to do after a travel journey is look for a hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Been to Ocean Reef Suites? Share your experiences!