“Pretty OK but nothing great” 3 of 5 stars

You added Stardust Apartments to your Saves list
Stardust Apartments
2.0 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   910 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL FL 33139   |
Moncton, Canada
“Pretty OK but nothing great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed here for three nights. It's a long apartment style room. It was clean, and I used the kitchen for leftovers, etc. The washroom is old and worn looking, as it's an old building. I think just a new paint job would make the whole place SO much more appealing. The shower nozzle was kind of sketchy looking, but it worked ok. The wall tv worked well. There is a safe that put my mind at ease for my cash and passport when I was out. The only bad part about the room was the bed. It was a king bed, and not falling apart or anything, but it was just a cheap bed, with no support that you look for in a hotel room. The pillows were small and not very good. I slept ok though. The people running the place are very nice, and helpful. The location is awesome, right in the middle of South Beach. Overall I enjoyed the stay alright, but I'm not sure I would stay there again. Maybe I am spoiled, but the place was just a bit too spartan and basic. The washroom and the bed were both a bit sub-par, and those are very important aspects of a hotel room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
bmore, maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

The location is great in the center of south beach. The check in people are very kind and nice. The room is roomy, long and skinny. It has a flat screen and direct tv. The price is also good. It has coffee make, fridge, sink, pots, and microwave. The bathroom is dated with pink and blue colors, but who cares. There were a few bugs in the sink, but that happens in Florida. My main gripe is the bed. It was the worst bed I have ever been on. I am not sure how they can seriously rent a room with a bed so bad. It had a giant dip in the middle and poked you in the back. The other bad thing was the constant bass all day long. I am not sure where it was coming from possibly the store below. Overall won't be coming back unless they get new beds and turn off the bass.

Room Tip: stay on top floor, ask for comfortable or new bed, without bass all day
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I was visiting from Bermuda and this is the second time I have stayed at The Stardust.
I returned this time as the apartments were everything I needed, Spacious, quiet, spotlessly clean well located for the beach, shops, restraunts reasonably priced and easily accessible from the airport by Super Shuttle.
All ways round just a great experience.
I have asked the proprietress to keep the room ready for my next visit !

Nick V

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Good value for the location! One block from Ocean Drive and the beautiful beach. The check in was quick and the guy who worked there was really nice:) Nice clean rooms with comfortable beds. Small kitchen area with a fridge and a coffee maker!

The negatives: A balcony would have been really nice! The cleaning staff was a bit annoying. They were hanging around on our floor from early morning and looked inside the window every time they walked past. I can understand that they wanna clean the room as early as possible, but don't behave like that please!

Overall we liked the place and would definitely come back again! It's hard to find anything cheaper with this location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Aburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

First of all I don`t understand all this bad reviews for that hotel. I stayed there for 3 nights last week and I have to say that all my expectations were more than fullfilled. The whole staff is very friendly and tries to fullfill your wishes at any time. I really felt like at home. The rooms are very spacious, clean and in a very good condition. The rates are very good for Miami Beach as the hotel is just a hop away from Ocean Drive and the beautiful beach. There was absolutely nothing to complain about during my whole stay. Even an assist to book the next hotel in Mexiko for my further vacations was not to much for the staff at the reception. Overall the Stardust is a really good place to stay for some days in Miami Beach.

For people who expect the conditions of a 5 star hotel in a 3 star hotel it might be better to pay 600 dollars straight away at Hilton and for those who don't like noise I have to say "Stay away from Miami Beach"

Regards

Carlo

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Hotel with poor structure, poor service, staff unqualified, untrained, lack professionalism!
Hotel old, carelessly!
Location median, away!
noisy
bed bad
old sheets
dirty bathroom, broken
The worst hosting I have had in my life
U.S. $ $ 100 deposit is required, but do not return the money today, or are swindlers

Room Tip: Run Away!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Ilana C, General Manager at Stardust Apartments, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Guest, Our Hotel has one of the most central location in the South Beach District We are one of the most spacious rooms in the Miami Beach Area, and our Staff has always been courteous in a professional matter responding to all of your inquiries ever step of your stay.
We have a Non-Smoking policy in which Guest are not allowed to smoke inside the rooms. This is considerate a liability and the action you've taken inside the room resulted in a fine by our management.
You have agreed to this terms before entering the room by signing our registration form and the Stardust South Beach Hotel takes these policies very seriously.
We honestly hope you had a great stay in Miami Beach.

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you're looking to stay in South Beach, 1 block from Ocean Drive and don't want to break the bank, Stardust Apartments is a good option. The room was big, clean and had basic facilities. Nothing fancy.

There's little staff around. When I wanted to check in, there was no one there. I had to call them by phone. One night at 3am, the fire alarm went off (false alarm) and we had to wait outside for 30 minutes for the firemen to pull up and turn it off. There was no staff around to help out, they were never even aware of it. When there actually was staff in the building they were very friendly and helpful though!

Minus the few times that I needed some staff there it was a great place in a great location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Stardust Apartments? Share your experiences!