“Nice and cheap budget hotel in South Beach!” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Stardust Apartments to your Saves list
Stardust Apartments
2.0 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   910 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL FL 33139   |
“Nice and cheap budget hotel in South Beach!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Good value for the location! One block from Ocean Drive and the beautiful beach. The check in was quick and the guy who worked there was really nice:) Nice clean rooms with comfortable beds. Small kitchen area with a fridge and a coffee maker!

The negatives: A balcony would have been really nice! The cleaning staff was a bit annoying. They were hanging around on our floor from early morning and looked inside the window every time they walked past. I can understand that they wanna clean the room as early as possible, but don't behave like that please!

Overall we liked the place and would definitely come back again! It's hard to find anything cheaper with this location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Aburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

First of all I don`t understand all this bad reviews for that hotel. I stayed there for 3 nights last week and I have to say that all my expectations were more than fullfilled. The whole staff is very friendly and tries to fullfill your wishes at any time. I really felt like at home. The rooms are very spacious, clean and in a very good condition. The rates are very good for Miami Beach as the hotel is just a hop away from Ocean Drive and the beautiful beach. There was absolutely nothing to complain about during my whole stay. Even an assist to book the next hotel in Mexiko for my further vacations was not to much for the staff at the reception. Overall the Stardust is a really good place to stay for some days in Miami Beach.

For people who expect the conditions of a 5 star hotel in a 3 star hotel it might be better to pay 600 dollars straight away at Hilton and for those who don't like noise I have to say "Stay away from Miami Beach"

Regards

Carlo

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Hotel with poor structure, poor service, staff unqualified, untrained, lack professionalism!
Hotel old, carelessly!
Location median, away!
noisy
bed bad
old sheets
dirty bathroom, broken
The worst hosting I have had in my life
U.S. $ $ 100 deposit is required, but do not return the money today, or are swindlers

Room Tip: Run Away!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Ilana C, General Manager at Stardust Apartments, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Guest, Our Hotel has one of the most central location in the South Beach District We are one of the most spacious rooms in the Miami Beach Area, and our Staff has always been courteous in a professional matter responding to all of your inquiries ever step of your stay.
We have a Non-Smoking policy in which Guest are not allowed to smoke inside the rooms. This is considerate a liability and the action you've taken inside the room resulted in a fine by our management.
You have agreed to this terms before entering the room by signing our registration form and the Stardust South Beach Hotel takes these policies very seriously.
We honestly hope you had a great stay in Miami Beach.
Amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you're looking to stay in South Beach, 1 block from Ocean Drive and don't want to break the bank, Stardust Apartments is a good option. The room was big, clean and had basic facilities. Nothing fancy.

There's little staff around. When I wanted to check in, there was no one there. I had to call them by phone. One night at 3am, the fire alarm went off (false alarm) and we had to wait outside for 30 minutes for the firemen to pull up and turn it off. There was no staff around to help out, they were never even aware of it. When there actually was staff in the building they were very friendly and helpful though!

Minus the few times that I needed some staff there it was a great place in a great location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I drove from Jacksonville with a friend to Miami on Saturday without booking a hotel, at night we looked for hotels with affordable price to stay one night as I have to get back to Canada the day after, all the hotel rate was around 250-350/night while walking we saw this hotel we walked in to the office and we had a room for less than 150/night tax included.
The hotel is like a apartment than a hotel, but I was amazed when I entered the room (302)I was surprised ( compare to the price per night with other hotels in the area) because it was big and clean and has a dish network satellite receiver also has a nice small kitchen and a table for 4.

If you are travelling with family or friend that staying outside on the beach and need hotel for resting and relaxing this is the one, but if you look for partying and making and noise looking for nice ocean view than spend the 200+ and look for another hotel.

The manger (Lady) was so nice and explain everything for us at the time of booking to avoid any extra charges or any problem.

For sure I am going back to this if I am heading to Miami again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
West Hempstead, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed here for a week. A friend visited the hotel room of me and my boyfriend the first two days of my stay. He stayed for a few hours both times. On the second day the lady who works in the office pulled us in to say that we had to pay $25 for the two nights my friend had stayed, and also pay $25 for each night we had left. This was ridiculous to us, because our friend was not going to come over everyday, as he has to work. So we basically paid $175 for our friend to visit twice. We asked if we could just pay for the first two nights, and they did not allow that. The man in the office said "This is not how we run our business." The lady was also very unreasonable and tried to argue with me. They were the reason my stay was unpleasant.

Otherwise, the cleaning was perfect everyday. The room was large, clean, and well-equipped. The location was great. There is some construction next door but we were fine with it. The wifi was slow at times. I would stay here again only if I did not want any visitors and were on a budget. For the price I paid, I would recommend this place. Just don't bring anyone over, ever.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The location is great, very close to te beach, And many good restaurants around, and ocean drive, the room were big, nice and clean..Stuff are very friendly & Price is the best compared to nearby hotels,You get what you pay for, it's cheap and nice but nothing fancy, In the room you had a small kitchen with all the required facilities,the bathroom isn't very big, but it still had everything we needed, rooms are cleaned daily.... Well, if you want Miami and you are on a budget this is the place to stay. We would totally recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: no parking/space out side the hotel, THE TV NEVER WORKED????
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Stardust Apartments? Share your experiences!