“DO NOT COME HERE IF POSSIBLE!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of SeaCoast Suites Hotel

Save Saved
You added SeaCoast Suites Hotel to your Saves list
SeaCoast Suites Hotel
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   5101 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33410 (Oceanfront)   |
Pennsylvania
“DO NOT COME HERE IF POSSIBLE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

If you have a little extra go somewhere else. Its for your own good. The beach is nice and easy to get to. The pool is very small. It appears to be nice once walking in but dont let that fool you, wait untill you get to your room. This place is more then outdated. Like people here say, its 2009. They don't fix anything the doors don't open, the paint is peeling. Its a disaster. Overall the room is a mess. The place isnt even a full hotel. They have people living here its more like apartments. The best part of it is the view from the balcony, and that's it so if you could go somewhere else i suggest you do.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fla
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

I visited this property as a prospective long term renter. I sayed with a friend of mine who is a current renter and I was not at all impressed with the building or the apartments. It is 2009 for goodnesssakes. Let go of the seventies and eighties look, get rid of the carpet covered flooring, loose the vertical blinds, kill the old fashion tile on the countertops in the kitchens and change out the light fixers. The minor upgrades that I just mentioned are often found in apartment rentals these days. That is the norm not amenities. Simply being able to have access to the beach doesn't cut it for me. The apartments need some tender loving care. Beach or no beach, spend a little money on at least meeting todays standard of living.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Detroit, Mi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2009

It is outdated. Looks more like an apartment than hotel. I think they used to be apartments. Right off the beach. Not near South Beach. Like a 10 minute drive to South Beach. Valet was perfect, they always had the car ready out front. Front desk is friendly. Pool area is nice. Will not stay again because not closer to South Beach strip. Oh yeah, when they cleaned our room the maid put our valueables on the table even pennies, nickles, dimes, etc.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
Miami, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

keep an eye on your luggage when you arrive at the valet. my family and I had a terrible experience...one of our suitcases disappeared while one of the valet parking guys took our luggage to our room. when we complain they told us they couln't show us the cameras so... why do they even have survaillence cameras?...
overall it was a horrible experience; we never recovered our belongings and some of the employees are thieves, especially the ones that take your stuff to your room. my advice is: don't let them take your luggage to your room if you don't go with them some of your bags may disappear.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
new york city
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2008

I've been in college dormitories that were in better shape. We stayed in an oceanfront master suite. We paid $519 a night and it might be worth it considering what real estate costs but it's not fit to be a hotel at that price if you can find something else. The property is run-down and dirty. There was mold in the two bathrooms shower and bath soap holders which in any event were not cleaned well; the phone wasn't working when we arrived (though it was quickly fixed) and the balcony was in terrible shape and you can't let a kid go out on it as it is not fully enclosed. The cheap window shades are not very useful and didn't work well; the closet safe had about 100 dead ants on it; the back of the toilet seat was dirty and even though I complained to housekeeping (even had someone come up to see all of it) and the front desk twice, nobody ever cleaned any of it up during the 4 nights we stayed there. Considering we took a top of the line room, you can only imagine how bad it was for the other reviewers who presumably didn't have master suites. The problem in Miami Beach is a complete lack of suite-style hotels in the 40's and 50's of Collins Avenue so right now there is no place else to stay except for the Alexander which is not easy to book. It's a real problem.

• Liked — location close to my family
  • Disliked — terrible on cleanliness
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2008

After reading all the reviews, I was terrified to stay here. When we got there, the front desk was fast. They made us pay up front, which we didn't know about in advance. We didn't spend our days at the hotel, we didn't even go by the beach or the pool so I can't review that. We took towels from them everyday to go out, and those were ok.

Rooms...
The hallways smell and are very old. The room was very very old but the sheets and towels were clean. If you need somewhere to just sleep, I would recommend it. Otherwise I wouldn't recommend it as a vacation spot. The beds were so uncomfortable that my husband and I had to sleep on separate beds the entire stay because the beds would sink in to the middle if we both slept on one. The bathroom was very old, but nothing that I couldn't tolerate.

Staff...
We didn't have any problem with them. They are mostly spanish speaking. Housekeeping came every morning and did a basic clean up.

I wouldn't recommend a family staying here. If you can't find anywhere else, and need a cheap place to stay at it's tolerable.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The old rooms
  • Stayed April 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2008

The typical: they hide the huge construction they are doing, while the keep trying to collect rents. Do you have a pool? but of course!, they said. Next thing you know, you go to the pool and the noise is unbelievable!!! they are repointing all the balconies!, You complain and they say they do not know the sch of the contruction! that you can go somewhere else if you do not like it!. They were super rude.
Give me a break. This is fraud, plain and simple. Once you are set up with family, children, car seats, you get the picture, who can actually change places? you are stuck and unhappy, plain and simple. Plus, all the other problems mentioned in this site are true, the toilette malfunctioned twice, the valet guy is never there, the pool service guy showed up once in the entire week. Terrible, terrible place. i travel a lot for work around the world, this was my worst stay ever. I only wish i had had a chance to look at the reviews. Never again do I go without checking. Do not stay there!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — construction, noise
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to SeaCoast Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!