“Great room but beach access closes early 11/10- 11/16” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SeaCoast Suites Hotel

Save Saved
You added SeaCoast Suites Hotel to your Saves list
SeaCoast Suites Hotel
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   5101 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33410 (Oceanfront)   |
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
“Great room but beach access closes early 11/10- 11/16”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

Due to overbooking, I was switched to this hotel. It is an apartment building that rents some of the rooms out. Our balcony had a direct ocean view and I loved that all the windows could open. It was great to be able to hear the ocean all times of the day and to have a drink out on the balcony and take in the beautiful view. The cleaning ladies did a wonderful job, they even washed our dishes for us. The residents that lived in the building were nice, and being that this was my third time in miami this year, it was nice to check out a more quiet section of the beach. This building is located in a more residential area, meaning that there are no close by cheap eats. They did have a mini market in the lobby. The building also had a good sized fitness center that I did not use, and the pool area was nice. The first night the pool was closed, but I stayed there for six nights and the other five it was opened back up. The only downside to staying here is that the beach closes down at night. Our last night in Miami we wanted to go down to the beach with friends and it was locked so we sat outside by the pool until we were told that it was closed. We then moved the gathering to our balcony for the rest of the night. I could see this as a great place to stay for families looking for a lot of space for the money on a quieter section of the beach, but for young singles that want to party, keep it on south beach where the scene is livelier.

Pros: Space, view , private beach.

Cons : Distance from restaurants, distance from south beach, private beach that closes early. Also 2 doors down from my room was a laundromat, but only residents had access to it. It would be nice if they opened up that option to guests too, as I was there for a week.

Room Tip: I stayed in 16e . The balcony had an ocean and bay view, 2 bedrooms with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and a f...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

My family and I were staying on South Beach for my brother's wedding this past weekend. We were relocated to this property, as our original booked hotel was suddenly flooded.... This hotel was OLD and not refurbished! Granted most of the rooms are suite style and have a living area, full kitchen and separate bedrooms, but again- still old! The carpets in the bedrooms are dirty and stained- not something you would want to walk on in your bare feet. The bathrooms are 50 years old,the shower only bathroon did NOT have hot water no matter how long we let the water run. The tub bathroom did have hot water but also had foreign hairs that needed to be washed out. The hotel does have a pool and is located right on the beach side. However BEWARE- after dark evidently there is some sort of "Private Club" that ensues. When my boyfriend and I went down to have a walk on the beach we were locked into the property as the hotel lockes the gate going to the beach, I guess for the "club". That's not all- it get's better! After not being able to get on the beach, we were then not even able to get back into the hotel! There are two locked doors on the first floor heading to the pool area- again BEWARE-as both are locked. When we tried using our keys to unlock the door to go back upsatirs we were not able to do so! We then resorted to banging on the glass to try and get someone's attention to let us back in as we were now stuck in the pool area. There was no one behind the front desk to hear us, the valet guys were too deep in conversation to hear us, and nobody else was in the lobby. After a while someone in the back office I guess heard us and let us in. Much to our surprise he informed us about the "Private Club" after 9:00 PM for which was off limits unless you were a member!!! He also sadi that this was clearly marked on the doors leading out to the pool.....IT WAS NOT!!! We double checked. And at that was a total jerk about the whole situation, as if we had disobeyed the rules of "the private club"! You must pay for "valet" parking, which would be fine if the valet brought the car around for you. On two occasionas that we were leaving the hotel, the valet tossed us our keys and said the car's right over there! Also, if you are a light sleeper the very loud OLD a/c units will keep you up at night. So all in all, old, unrefurbished, negative customer service, locked out of the hotel, not permitted to use the pool or beach access...................yes unfortunately- TERRIBLE!!!! Stay some where else and save yourself the headache!

Room Tip: Stay some where else!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
New york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

If you like disgusting floors and oily tabletops with stained couches then you found the right hotel. The cleaning ladies did not come for 2 days because someone put a do not disturb sign on one of our side doors. We complained the first day and they stil didnt come the second day. Horrible service combined with horrible atmosphere equals this place...even the boogey man wouldn't stay here.

Room Tip: There is no good rooms here.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Miami,fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

Upon arrival the person working in the front desk was more than rude, we had to pay up front. There was only one valet guy that was nice everyone else that I encountered was in a bad mood and rude. The pluming is horriable one of the bathrooms wouldnt even give luke-warm water, the water pressue also drops, while I was taking a shower it would get so low I had to stand directly under the shower head. THe toilet tank had a very visable crack in it that was glued with a yellow glue. The doors would stay jammed shut to open and close them required using my whole body! I saw paint falling and chipping off doors and walls,Luggage had to be brought in through a service elevator that as you it ascended we could it scrapping against the elevator shaft. Like I said, I have stayed in motels that were better what really stood out was the rudeness of the hotel staff I couldn't belive it for $300 a night it is not worth it I rather stay in the holiday inn next time...very very very disappointing.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

Thats should be the name for this hotel.One of my ideas on this vacation was to go out to the beach at night. This Hotel Jail close the back door at 9pm and since there you can n't go to the beach any more. The security guy took everyone out of the pool at 8pm in a very bad mood. The location is amazing but you can not use it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

If you have a little extra go somewhere else. Its for your own good. The beach is nice and easy to get to. The pool is very small. It appears to be nice once walking in but dont let that fool you, wait untill you get to your room. This place is more then outdated. Like people here say, its 2009. They don't fix anything the doors don't open, the paint is peeling. Its a disaster. Overall the room is a mess. The place isnt even a full hotel. They have people living here its more like apartments. The best part of it is the view from the balcony, and that's it so if you could go somewhere else i suggest you do.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Fla
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

I visited this property as a prospective long term renter. I sayed with a friend of mine who is a current renter and I was not at all impressed with the building or the apartments. It is 2009 for goodnesssakes. Let go of the seventies and eighties look, get rid of the carpet covered flooring, loose the vertical blinds, kill the old fashion tile on the countertops in the kitchens and change out the light fixers. The minor upgrades that I just mentioned are often found in apartment rentals these days. That is the norm not amenities. Simply being able to have access to the beach doesn't cut it for me. The apartments need some tender loving care. Beach or no beach, spend a little money on at least meeting todays standard of living.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends

Been to SeaCoast Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!