“Near to Mount Sinai Hospital” 2 of 5 stars

Atlantic Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3400 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Oceanfront)   |
Ranked #190 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
Benghazi, Libya
“Near to Mount Sinai Hospital”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

Looking for a luxury hotel and excellent service in Miami Beach? Atlantic Beach Hotel is not an option, but if you need a budget hotel near Mount Sinai Hospital in Miami Beach, you should stay at this hotel. The bus "C" takes it either stops across the street from the street 33 and 35 (the hotel is located in 34 of Collins Avenue), returning from hospital stays in the stop 33 or 35 of Indian Creek Ave which is the back of the hotel). The bus fare is $ 2.00 and $ 2.00 of return, but you can also take a taxi to approximate $ 7.00 each run.I stayed a week in room 412 located on the third floor. It is a spacious room with two large closets, air conditioning sounded like a motorcycle, the TV had no remote control, mattresses are U-shaped and back pain is guaranteed. The small refrigerator worked well, the bathroom was always clean and the towels too, but never swept the floor of the room. The phone never worked, nor to call reception and much less to call outside. No internet in the rooms, only in the lobby area. The hotel has no parking, but in front there is a metered parking (free from 6:00 pm to 8:00 am) and the hotel reception is open 24 hours. The access to the beach is just in front of the hotel between the convenient store and the public parking. The beach is excellent. Not the best hotel in Miami Beach, but it was not the worst, in case I don't have other option, of course I would return to staying in Atlantic Beach Hotel for $ 40.00 or $ 60.00 overnight in Miami don't think I could ask for more.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

This place should not be open for business. Granted you get what you pay for but I believe after staying there we paid too much. The first room we stayed in flooded and damaged our things which we were not reimbursed. The second room was FILTHY. Bugs all over the room, food left from other guests and the staff was NOT pleasant to say the least. I would have been more comfortable sleeping on the boadwalk. Then to top it off we were told that day we were required to give a deposit of $150 due to the Holiday the day we checked in which I found odd. I contacted thte BBB and would NEVER stay there if it was the last hotel available. You've been warned!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

I really dont get people. If you want luxury then you should be ready to spend more,
We were a group of 7 adults and we took two rooms. After reading all the reviews here we were prepared for the worst. We even carried our own linen and towels.
But when we got there..the place was very clean.
Yes it had a old looking refridgerator but then it worked. Who cares what it looks on the outside?
The toilets were very clean and so were the rooms.
It was perfect for a quick shower and to sleep.
I have to mention the location here. It was awesome!!!
Cabs were available right outside the door, every second. The beach in front was awesome and there was a grocery store acros the street.
Its a 10 dollar cab drive away from all the action.
And the staff were nice enough to let us hold on to our rooms till 3 PM(check out was 11 AM ) for just 20 bucks more.
Stop giving this place bad reviews because it aint that bad!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

Ah, this hotel I'll never forget. Pegasus properties I think it was managed by. My company apparently thought it was a nice deal; close to the job and close to the beach. Sweet, right? NOOOO! SOOOO CHEAP! Is the best reason I could fathom when I entered at 1am. Allow me to try "paint the picture". A full size fridge hastily cut into the wall next to the counter top which is leaning because the mini fridge is missing underneath. A toilet with one of those "just cleaned" paper protectors on it; with pubes under it. A hole in the floor so we could see what was going on in the basement. A bed shaped like a U that touched the floor when I sat on it. Mystery stains on EVERYTHING. Curtains, bed covers (even inside the burn holes), shades, doors, chairs, ceilings, walls, all stained. I pulled back the sheets and got blood, sweat and other mystery stains. My co-worker said I was being too critical. Its just a crummy hotel he says. So I wondered aloud what the pillow looked like. "Not too bad", he says. I tell him to pull back the case, and then he said OMG, WTF!. It was grey. With mystery stains too, but mostly really, really grey. Like the oldest, dirtiest pillow ever. A bum would turn it down. Bear Grylls wouldn't use it for kindling bad. Anyway, I went to all the other hotels nearby, all were booked. I slept on the far side of the bed, which really was firm compared to the side next to the night stand. In my clothes, on the edge, and away from the pillow, I tried to sleep while sweating my butt off (no AC) looking out the barred windows(which do open, but the bars don't). They have a fancy business card and the floor looks kinda shiny! Also the guy running the place will try to harass you and tell you you can't get out of that week your company booked for you, but you can. OH YES YOU CAN! Worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

This hotel is on the beach, but it is probably cleaner if you camp out on the beach. There was trash everywhere, only once in a weeks time did I see a cleaning lady. The Hotel smelled bad. The staff at the hotel was very rude, and didn't tend to the need of its guests. I would suggest finding another hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

If your traveling to miami and you need a place to Stay I definitly wouldn't recommend this hotel. The sheets and blankets were dirty and not to mention it was extremely humid even with the air condition unit on. My clothes that I took out of my luggage reeks like the hotel room which isn't a good thing. The room was cheap which went along with the low quality of my whole experience! However I loved Miami

• Stayed March 2011
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

• Stayed March 2011

Been to Atlantic Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!