“YES! I stayed here.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #185 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“YES! I stayed here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

Ah, this hotel I'll never forget. Pegasus properties I think it was managed by. My company apparently thought it was a nice deal; close to the job and close to the beach. Sweet, right? NOOOO! SOOOO CHEAP! Is the best reason I could fathom when I entered at 1am. Allow me to try "paint the picture". A full size fridge hastily cut into the wall next to the counter top which is leaning because the mini fridge is missing underneath. A toilet with one of those "just cleaned" paper protectors on it; with pubes under it. A hole in the floor so we could see what was going on in the basement. A bed shaped like a U that touched the floor when I sat on it. Mystery stains on EVERYTHING. Curtains, bed covers (even inside the burn holes), shades, doors, chairs, ceilings, walls, all stained. I pulled back the sheets and got blood, sweat and other mystery stains. My co-worker said I was being too critical. Its just a crummy hotel he says. So I wondered aloud what the pillow looked like. "Not too bad", he says. I tell him to pull back the case, and then he said OMG, WTF!. It was grey. With mystery stains too, but mostly really, really grey. Like the oldest, dirtiest pillow ever. A bum would turn it down. Bear Grylls wouldn't use it for kindling bad. Anyway, I went to all the other hotels nearby, all were booked. I slept on the far side of the bed, which really was firm compared to the side next to the night stand. In my clothes, on the edge, and away from the pillow, I tried to sleep while sweating my butt off (no AC) looking out the barred windows(which do open, but the bars don't). They have a fancy business card and the floor looks kinda shiny! Also the guy running the place will try to harass you and tell you you can't get out of that week your company booked for you, but you can. OH YES YOU CAN! Worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

This hotel is on the beach, but it is probably cleaner if you camp out on the beach. There was trash everywhere, only once in a weeks time did I see a cleaning lady. The Hotel smelled bad. The staff at the hotel was very rude, and didn't tend to the need of its guests. I would suggest finding another hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

If your traveling to miami and you need a place to Stay I definitly wouldn't recommend this hotel. The sheets and blankets were dirty and not to mention it was extremely humid even with the air condition unit on. My clothes that I took out of my luggage reeks like the hotel room which isn't a good thing. The room was cheap which went along with the low quality of my whole experience! However I loved Miami

• Stayed March 2011
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

• Stayed March 2011
Marietta, Georgia, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

I booked this room on priceline. It was just terrible. I was searching for one nice thing to say and can not find a word....There were refridgerators listed online, none were in the rooms. The doors slam harder than a hospital room door. Upon check-in we were only given towels...wash clothes weren't available until our last night. The entire hotels does not have any ice...they direct you across the street to purchase your own and when you buy this huge bag of ice where can it be stored!!I was furious with the money that I spent on this 3 night stay...over $650.00...not worth a dollar a night in my book...The beds roll across the floors...marble floors with wheels on the bed...crazy!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

I stayed just two days in August/2010.
The reception had not warned me that service breakfast included and alsothat I had another day in the stay. The room is old, the window not covered day light and conditioned air is noisy.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

I'm confused as to why so many people booked the cheapest hotel in South Beach, but act offended to find out that it's a little dated and lacks the lavish amenities you might find at the Fontainebleau for close to $500 a night. I've stayed in top of the line hotels in DC and around the world, yet for the price we paid to stay here, I had no complaints. The marble floors are fantastic, and you can tell this used to be a great hotel. The rooms and linens are very clean and the bathrooms have brand new fixtures. The first room we were placed in had no hot water, but the front desk was very helpful and had us moved to a new room in minutes. I traveled with a close friend and her infant daughter, and we enjoyed our three-day stay here. The room was big enough to comfortably set up the baby's pack and play, so she had a good time as well :) You walk across the road, and you're standing on South Beach itself. There were some cute (and cheap!) cafes a stone's throw away in either direction. And shopping is a brisk hike away, but only minutes away by cab. I would definitely stay here again, it's perfect if you are on a budget, or would simply like some extra cash in your pocket for the shops and restaurants on Ocean Drive and Lincoln Road!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Atlantic Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!