“I liked that there was a beach across the street. I didn't like that there wasn't a restaraunt and that it was musky throughout ” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Atlantic Beach Hotel

You added Atlantic Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Atlantic Beach Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3400 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Oceanfront)   |
Ranked #193 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

If your traveling to miami and you need a place to Stay I definitly wouldn't recommend this hotel. The sheets and blankets were dirty and not to mention it was extremely humid even with the air condition unit on. My clothes that I took out of my luggage reeks like the hotel room which isn't a good thing. The room was cheap which went along with the low quality of my whole experience! However I loved Miami

• Stayed March 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Marietta, Georgia, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

I booked this room on priceline. It was just terrible. I was searching for one nice thing to say and can not find a word....There were refridgerators listed online, none were in the rooms. The doors slam harder than a hospital room door. Upon check-in we were only given towels...wash clothes weren't available until our last night. The entire hotels does not have any ice...they direct you across the street to purchase your own and when you buy this huge bag of ice where can it be stored!!I was furious with the money that I spent on this 3 night stay...over $650.00...not worth a dollar a night in my book...The beds roll across the floors...marble floors with wheels on the bed...crazy!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

I stayed just two days in August/2010.
The reception had not warned me that service breakfast included and alsothat I had another day in the stay. The room is old, the window not covered day light and conditioned air is noisy.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

I'm confused as to why so many people booked the cheapest hotel in South Beach, but act offended to find out that it's a little dated and lacks the lavish amenities you might find at the Fontainebleau for close to $500 a night. I've stayed in top of the line hotels in DC and around the world, yet for the price we paid to stay here, I had no complaints. The marble floors are fantastic, and you can tell this used to be a great hotel. The rooms and linens are very clean and the bathrooms have brand new fixtures. The first room we were placed in had no hot water, but the front desk was very helpful and had us moved to a new room in minutes. I traveled with a close friend and her infant daughter, and we enjoyed our three-day stay here. The room was big enough to comfortably set up the baby's pack and play, so she had a good time as well :) You walk across the road, and you're standing on South Beach itself. There were some cute (and cheap!) cafes a stone's throw away in either direction. And shopping is a brisk hike away, but only minutes away by cab. I would definitely stay here again, it's perfect if you are on a budget, or would simply like some extra cash in your pocket for the shops and restaurants on Ocean Drive and Lincoln Road!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

A person claimed as hotel concierge took my wallet while helping me. It turned out that person does not work for the hotel but just well dressed and standing in front of hotel talking to anyone who comes to the hotel. I was not able to catch this thief because he ran very fast. Police questioned the hotel receptionist and she said the thief was very polite so she could not ask him to leave. This hotel would rather keep a thief in their property. Hotel is very dirty and smelly.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

Its old but clean and well located. The cheapest around there. Staff was very helpful. Rooms were big and comfortable. Private bathrooms and breakfast included.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Anderstorp, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

This is a lowbudget hotel for sure. We arrived in the middle of the night. The first thing we noticed was the smell, my goodness. It smelled liked mold, in the lobby, in our room, in the hallway, just about everywhere. They used some kind of spray to get rid of the stank probably, but that didn´t work though.

The elevator, well, we only used it a few times, it was just too small and too slow. Felt like it would collapse at any time, scary.

The breakfast was poor: bagels, small donuts, butter, jam, orangejuice, coffea (see-through-coffea), tea, cereal (the colored one for kids), milk. And was served in the lobby, with only two couches. Thank god for the supermarket across the street.

They didn´t change in our beds for 12 days, we had to ask for toiletpaper, new towels. There were crack in the floor-tile. The air-conditioner didn´t work. It was just filthy. We cleaned our bathroom ourselves, just because the cleaning-lady didn´t do so.

One morning we woke up by screaming and loud voices on our floor. Our heart pounded in our chest of fear and panic. We heard a woman screaming that she´d been stabbed. The police came and arrested two or three people. They used some kind of spray that made it hard to breath and with running eyes and nose. It was a horrible experience.
I´m glad that we woke up as we did.

The cleaning of the room was also poor. Our cleaning lady wanted us to tip her, we got a note saying that. We wondered why she wanted our tip when she didn´t do anything. we felt we had to tip her so she wouldn´t steal anything from us. I almost forgot, they didn´t change our bedsheets for 12 days, we had to ask for toiletpaper, new towels etc. There were crack in the floor-tile. Broken closet and mirror. The air-conditioner didn´t work.
It was just filthy. We cleaned our bathroom ourselves, just because the cleaning-lady didn´t do so. Overall the staff was rude and not very helpful. And they didn´t speak any english, only heard spanish.

I would never ever book this hotel again. And hopefully no one else will either.
I´ve tried to contact the hotel to file a complain but without any luck.

You learn from your experiences - we sure did!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends